Condoms for Prisoners?

dustoff03

I watched a special on some Russian prisons, and if we really want to deter crime, we should treat or prisoners like that. They can only move around the prison bent at the waste, with their hands handcuffed and shoved up around their head. Outside time is actually in an empty room, and other than that they do not leave the cell. Except for the jail in Siberia, where they do calistinics at 6 AM in sub-zero temps.

I watched a special on some Russian prisons, and if we really want to deter crime, we should treat or prisoners like that. They can only move around the prison bent at the waste, with their hands handcuffed and shoved up around their head. Outside time is actually in an empty room, and other than that they do not leave the cell. Except for the jail in Siberia, where they do calistinics at 6 AM in sub-zero temps.

When you watched that special, was any statistic given out on whether or not their "methods" deter subsequent crimes? Not sure what your analogy was in your post but is it safe to conclude that you support giving condoms to prisoners?

When you watched that special, was any statistic given out on whether or not their "methods" deter subsequent crimes? Not sure what your analogy was in your post but is it safe to conclude that you support giving condoms to prisoners?

it would be safer to assume that i feel we treat criminals way too easily in our system. I guess in our current system, i don't care much one way or another about the condoms. might as well sell them at the commisary. But i'd much rather see prisoners go to prison and hate it so much that they'd never risk going back. I think we give them too many liberties. I'm not talking about letting guards abuse them, but allowing prisoners to have creature comforts, time to play games, work out, etc... it just doesn't seem like near the deterent it could be.

it would be safer to assume that i feel we treat criminals way too easily in our system. I guess in our current system, i don't care much one way or another about the condoms. might as well sell them at the commisary. But i'd much rather see prisoners go to prison and hate it so much that they'd never risk going back. I think we give them too many liberties. I'm not talking about letting guards abuse them, but allowing prisoners to have creature comforts, time to play games, work out, etc... it just doesn't seem like near the deterent it could be.

Couldn't agree more

:blink: Guys, we're talking here about inmates having sex and spreading germs to our communities once they are out. I also saw a special on prisons. This guy had a g/f (it?) in his cell. He said as soon as he was free, he was going back to being heterosexual.

And the fact that any medical problems in prison (from any cause) are required to be treated ....... at taxpayer's expense.

It is probably very cost effective to spend 15 cents for prevention rather than $3,000 or a lot more to treat an STD.

While I really have very little regard for most felons, I do have regard for my wallet.

And the fact that any medical problems in prison (from any cause) are required to be treated ....... at taxpayer's expense.

It is probably very cost effective to spend 15 cents for prevention rather than $3,000 or a lot more to treat an STD.

While I really have very little regard for most felons, I do have regard for my wallet.

I had to reread your post to make sure you were agreeing with me.

:blink: Guys, we're talking here about inmates having sex and spreading germs to our communities once they are out. I also saw a special on prisons. This guy had a g/f (it?) in his cell. He said as soon as he was free, he was going back to being heterosexual.

So, do we think the people that were irresponsible enough they went to jail will be responsible enough to wear a condom?