NFL Teams Love Drafting SEC Players

How did they ever manage to survive without the Aggies.

Wouldn't have had a #2 overall pick in last year NFL draft or 3 1st round picks this year without them...Could you possible be vance bedford?   "JFF Is Still Making Irrelevant People Famous"

Wouldn't have had a #2 overall pick in last year NFL draft or 3 1st round picks this year without them...Could you possible be vance bedford? "JFF Is Still Making Irrelevant People Famous"

It is pretty funny how the new Texas staff can't quit talking about A&M. Chucky may to revoke his coaches Twitter privileges before too long.

If Johnny, Evans, or Matthews go top 10 that will make 4 straight years an Aggie has been picked top 10.

That would be just the fifth such streak in the common draft era: Alabama 2009-13, Miami(FL) 2002-2005, Ohio State 1994-97 and USC 1993-97

Idiots

MT @AmericasPregame @JayGlazer reports that #LSU QB Zach Mettenberger and #FSU DT Timmy Jernigan failed drug tests!

Policy is policy but if reports are true, mettenberger is victim of dumb policy. Diluted sample from too much water during rehab. Interested to see what the doctor decides.

Thats what i keep telling everyone. Khalil Mack is from a small school in Buffalo. If he went to a SEC school this past season. He would ride the bench.

This could be true and it could be way wrong. How many Defensive players are playing right now that played at Small schools?  Hmm I know one from Troy!!  You cant always use the argument that the kid wont be great due to playing at a small school. Its not always the case.

This could be true and it could be way wrong. How many Defensive players are playing right now that played at Small schools?  Hmm I know one from Troy!!  You cant always use the argument that the kid wont be great due to playing at a small school. Its not always the case.

I imagine there are quite a few "Small School" defensive guys playing NFL today.  

2 guys I know about right now are from Texas State University:

• Joplo Bartu TXST 2013 (Undrafted) started LB for the Falcons this past season 
  • Fred Evans TXST 2006 (7th Round) started DT for the Vikings this past season

<p>

I imagine there are quite a few "Small School" defensive guys playing NFL today.

2 guys I know about right now are from Texas State University:

• Joplo Bartu TXST 2013 (Undrafted) started LB for the Falcons this past season
  • Fred Evans TXST 2006 (7th Round) started DT for the Vikings this past season

53 man rosters. I would guess less than half play on the defensive side.

~23 x 32 teams = roughly 736 defensive players in the NFL.

Y'all named 3.......

53 man rosters. I would guess less than half play on the defensive side.

~23 x 32 teams = roughly 736 defensive players in the NFL.

Y'all named 3.......

I didn't name any lol. I am not saying you can make up a whole league of small school players. But you cant just say hey that kid played at Buffalo so he wont make it in the NFL and in the same sense you cant say hey he played in the SEC he will dominate in the NFL.  And trust me there are a few more then 3 kids from small schools playing and doing well in the NFL.

Thats what i keep telling everyone. Khalil Mack is from a small school in Buffalo. If he went to a SEC school this past season. He would ride the bench.

Lol - if Khalil Mack went to an SEC school this past season he would have been the best defensive player at that SEC school this past season (including SC since Clowney decided to take the year off). That kid is the truth.

Lol - if Khalil Mack went to an SEC school this past season he would have been the best defensive player at that SEC school this past season (including SC since Clowney decided to take the year off). That kid is the truth.

I was being a smart A.

If you catch my drift on what I was talkin bout lol

This is why I wish the Texans could trade down a spot or two, or just had the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft. I think Mack is the closest thing to can't miss on the defensive side of the ball in this draft, including Clowney.

Mack fits their system better. Clowney doesn't have much experience dropping back into coverage.

I think that is yet to be determined - playing in the SEC, Big 12 (10) or any other major conference makes players play at a high level against top level opposition in at least 8 - 9 games a year - Buffalo did not have that kind of teams on its schedule.  While it appears he may well be the real deal - will he be able to make the plays every down against NFL caliber position players?

Players that play in the SEC, Big 12 (10) or other conferences have the same questions but have played week in and week out against top players Mack has not - so we will have to see.

I think that is yet to be determined - playing in the SEC, Big 12 (10) or any other major conference makes players play at a high level against top level opposition in at least 8 - 9 games a year - Buffalo did not have that kind of teams on its schedule.  While it appears he may well be the real deal - will he be able to make the plays every down against NFL caliber position players?

Players that play in the SEC, Big 12 (10) or other conferences have the same questions but have played week in and week out against top players Mack has not - so we will have to see.

He looked like by far the best player on the field against Ohio State this year.  And they have out-recruited the majority of the SEC schools according to those services everyone likes to hang their hats on...