Cowboys/Manziel ?

Thats all Romo needs is the JFF Chants the first time he throws an incomplete pass!

Only reason this makes any sense is if the back injury is worse than thought.

JFF will be there at 16. He could actually last until the 20's. Lot of teams have really backed way off of him after his pro day display.

So does JJ sacrifice his two and three to move up into 20's to get him or does he waste a top 20 pick on him at 16?

Umm... He had a fantastic pro day and it increased his draft stock dramatically.

Thats all Romo needs is the JFF Chants the first time he throws an incomplete pass!

Only reason this makes any sense is if the back injury is worse than thought.

JFF will be there at 16. He could actually last until the 20's. Lot of teams have really backed way off of him after his pro day display.

So does JJ sacrifice his two and three to move up into 20's to get him or does he waste a top 20 pick on him at 16?

However, I do agree with you that all Dallas does not need is a QB controversy - with the way Romo struggles (often) and the way that a lot of Dallas fans are very impatient this could set Dallas up for an interesting year and foil any plans to let JFF develop over a year or two.

While I am not a Romo or Dallas fan at he moment - this would not be fair to Romo if that indeed did happen.

I guess I would like to know whom this "many" is as I as an A&M fan and a person hopeful that JFF gets drafted high read almost all the reports on his Pro Day and with the notable exception of the (I believe)  Minnesota Head Coach - almost to a man the experts stated that it did nothing but help his draft stock.  

Will have to back off a little now - as I did hear 2 experts that stated that the chance for JFF to drop out of the top 10 is about 40% - that means he has a chance to be available for the Cowboys at 16 - not likely - but even some experts are saying last minute jitters about his off field adventures might drop him.  Still think it is unlikely.

Can't wait till draft day to find out.

The great thing about the draft is that the results (good or bad) of any draft may not be apparent for several years later.  As always there will be surprises and Carr may well be one of them - I just hope he fairs better and has a better offensive line early in his career than his brother did.

The great thing about the draft is that the results (good or bad) of any draft may not be apparent for several years later.  As always there will be surprises and Carr may well be one of them - I just hope he fairs better and has a better offensive line early in his career than his brother did.

David had middle school kids to work with when he was playing. xD

I think there is a definite possibility that upper picks bypass JFF and Jerry gets his man. Not sure he is what we need, but he is very talented. Anyone who would release one of the best defensive players in the league.....there is no telling what they will do next. I know, I know,.....cap space, but you eventually blow that and more on a first round QB.

JJ has made a first round trade in 20 of the last 24 drafts (something like that). If JFF or Bortles is around at 16, I suspect you will see trade number 21! someone will be hungry enough to drop some picks to move up and get either of them.

Using the Draft Chart this trade is almost even (off by 5 points) Dallas gets an extra 3rd and moves up 12 spots on day two. Experts say this may be the best 2nd thru 4th round draft ever for talent. Dallas needs DL/LB/S help and lots of it.

Dallas gives            Cleveland gives

Rd 1 Pick 16           Rd 1 Pick 26

Rd 2 Pick 15           Rd 2 Pick 3

Rd 3 Pick 19

Pick 26 you still get a guy like DT Jernigan, DT Tuitt, LB Barr or LB Shazier any of whom you would have probably picked at 16 anyway. Get a top FS and another DT in round 2 then get a steal of a RB (probably the only Offensive need with Murrays injury issues) in rd 3 and another DL in Rd 3.  Thats 4 defensive starters and a need at RB to keep Murray healthy. Pick a guy like McCarron in the fourth and groom him as the next QB.

Looking at the chart, Houston is screwed if they want to take Clowney #1 and move up to get one of the two coveted QBs if they fall. To move to 16 it would cost Houston 1st in 2nd, 1st in 3rd, 1st in 4th and the extra late 4th rounder they have. Only way I see them getting one of those QB's and a top 4 guy like Mack is if they trade out of #1 and stay in the top 4 or 5.

Almost none if any of the experts seem to agree with your assessment (in fact I found none that picked him outside the top 10 - but I only searched the 7 most recent reports you may have a better source) - most I have seen or heard put him between the 3rd and 6th overall pick and most experts are talking like he will be the first QB off the board.

REALLY?????
As I said he would be around till the 20's and he was. Shame is he went to the worst place in America to play QB. I was right on the draft and mark this down, JFF will not pan out in Cleveland, but might elsewhere later in his career ala Alex Smith.

REALLY?????
As I said he would be around till the 20's and he was. Shame is he went to the worst place in America to play QB. I was right on the draft and mark this down, JFF will not pan out in Cleveland, but might elsewhere later in his career ala Alex Smith.

I bow to your draft knowledge as you were right and I was wrong.  I also wish he would have landed somewhere other than Cleveland.

I bow to your draft knowledge as you were right and I was wrong.  I also wish he would have landed somewhere other than Cleveland.

I am glad he landed somewhere other than Houston or Dallas.  But hopefully he can break the string of busts there.  It's not impossible...Bernie Kosar had a very decent career in Cleveland.

I am glad he landed somewhere other than Houston or Dallas.  But hopefully he can break the string of busts there.  It's not impossible...Bernie Kosar had a very decent career in Cleveland.

The great thing about the NFL is that he might not have been drafted here or Dallas - but that doe not mean he will not eventually play for one of  those teams in the future  :lol: