David Suggs just named HC at Ozen!!!

Gtj007

I hear we start practice next week Coach. I hope Suggs can differentiate between players & pretenders. You know the new coach always brings out the "fake" in players. Some parents baking cakes & pies & ish. Lol
Should be a good year for the "Bear" Coach

Okay, so give it to me "skraight" ( as some say in East Texas). So, you're saying you have parents who like to buddy up to the coaches? I guess making sure they get quality playing time?

Okay, so give it to me "skraight" ( as some say in East Texas). So, you're saying you have parents who like to buddy up to the coaches? I guess making sure they get quality playing time?

Hey I bought Magee and the last hire Atkins a new car & a house and my kids are still on the bench! Lol

Ok BLUEDOVE3 heres giving it to you ''STRAIGHT'' that sucking up to the new hire exists. They really poured it on Coach Durley his first year at Westbrook. He was under tremendous pressure from parents and AD to play little Johnnie. He gave in for a few games giving all a fair share of playing time. Then he started playing the best proven players and yes some played both ways offense and defense. The rest of the story was a state 5A championship. There's several old Hebert fans that attend practices with opinions and advice. Some of those fellows never played any sport and think they know the game better that Hire. Those sideline coaches attended Coach Ozen and Durley's practices but never interfered or offered their opinion who should be playing. Hope Suggs has a pair of Gonads to play the best players and not get caught in the favoritism that all but ruined the football program when "Toe" was the head coach. That drove several good players to Central and Westbrook. :ph34r: 

Seriously, I believe in the work for what you want theory and handouts only hinder you in the long run. Talking to coaches to establish a relationship of communication is one thing but playing time should come from one's work ethic and ability to execute what the coach has in mind for you to do. Some coaches are not fair at times but heck, this is America and this teaches kids an important lesson as well. Just because you deserve it, doesn't mean you will receive it! ;)  

My boys are excited about working hard & showing what they can do to help their team be successful! The work is done before the season to have fun while handling business!

Well I will be there to see ,I know you work them and other kids but I hope every kid has a great season, I just wish all kids stay healthy its room for all. 

I realize Rome wasnt built in one day however if we play like we practice it'll be drought in the W column. A couple of RG3 left overs are just going through the motions and I understand help is on the way. I was impressed with the returning QB and running back #25. The O-line must develope.

You are too kind Sir, but correct. I'm an uptempo guy. I practice like I play. I think Suggs will get us to another level.

I saw something. Different Justus, I saw coaches paying attention to detail and teaching. Receivers did not catch balls consistently but the routes and offensive plays, they should be able to execute. He is a good coach and he is punctual, while his coaches seem to respond to his leadership. That along with talent, should equal a successful season. Some of there better receivers were not present on yesterday. JMO