WOS relationship with Texas

I think people here are missing the obvious. First of all, Strong never offered Shaw so he had every right to pull the offer, just like he did on Aaron Garza who's a lot more sought after than Shaw. Second, put the film on. Last year texas signed John Bonney who I had right behind Paris and Adams as the 3rd best safety in the state, they also signed Kevin Shorter who if healthy will play safety, and another safety in Jason hall. This year the Horns have commitments from Deshon Elliot who is a safety now but might end up at OLB, Kirk Johnson who's a rb right now but I expect to move to safety, and Keivon Ramsey who's listed as a corner but is really a guided missle with a helment that will also probably play safety. As bad as it sounds to say, Shaw just isn't needed anymore and probably wouldn't play at Texas in front of most of these guys.

Very valid point. Could actually be a good deal for Shaw. Might be a better fit somewhere else. You know what they say, one door closes and others open.

Very valid point. Could actually be a good deal for Shaw. Might be a better fit somewhere else. You know what they say, one door closes and others open.

He is a great football player. He will get some other offers. I'd like to see him go somewhere like Tech or SMU or even Texas State or UTEP. He would shine at those last two.

thats why I think he should have still went on his visits to those 3 other schools someone else pointed out.

its the university of texas for goodness sake. recruits come to them more than they search for recruits.

You must not pay much attention to recruiting in the state of Texas lately. Keep living in the past while your team gets passed up.

I believe we all heard the same type of stuff coming out of Austin during their coaching search. We are Texas! We can get any coach we want! Oops, I guess we will settle for our 8th choice.

You must not pay much attention to recruiting in the state of Texas lately. Keep living in the past while your team gets passed up.

I believe we all heard the same type of stuff coming out of Austin during their coaching search. We are Texas! We can get any coach we want! Oops, I guess we will settle for our 8th choice.

Okay, obviously A&M has a better class in 14 and 15. But has any school on Texas besides them had a better class? Texas has the best 2015 class in the Big 12 which hosts two of Texas' competitiors and Oklahoma, who recruits primarily out of Texas. Not to mention Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Kansas, who all recruit Texas very heavily. So other than Texas A&M I don't see where your "passed up" argument is valid at all. Yes, A&M has had more success recently. Wanna cookie? Texas is still the premier college football program in Texas. And whether an Aggie fan will admit it or not, they are the most popular university in Texas. Look at A&M's classes back from when they were going .500, it wasn't anywhere near Texas. Recent success influences a draft class pretty heavily.

Does it make you feel special to be an adult with the mentality of a 12 year old or is that just the aggy in you shining brightly? 

Does it make you feel special to be an adult with the mentality of a 12 year old or is that just the aggy in you shining brightly?

It does make me feel special. My comment was on response to the "We are Texas" comment that tshirt fans love to throw out there all of the time. Things change if you haven't noticed.

A&M had more players invited to attend the draft than the entire Big 12, and all 3 will most likely be taken in the top half of the 1st round.

We are TEXAS. ....
A&M will always be second /maybe even third row To TEXAS ..
Texas leads, 76–37–5

Congrats for beating up on a small military school for all of those years. What's the head to head record in recent history? Let's use my lifetime for instance. I'm 34

It does make me feel special. My comment was on response to the "We are Texas" comment that tshirt fans love to throw out there all of the time. Things change if you haven't noticed.

A&M had more players invited to attend the draft than the entire Big 12, and all 3 will most likely be taken in the top half of the 1st round.

So you're basing an entire program off the success of three players? All of which are from one year? A&M has done exceptionally well recently. I have nothing against the school. I think it's a great university. But humility is a great characteristic for anyone who has success.
On top of that, who has more national championships in your lifetime? Conference championships? Championship game appearances? Pro players? Super Bowl champs? HOF inductees?

So you're basing an entire program off the success of three players? All of which are from one year? A&M has done exceptionally well recently. I have nothing against the school. I think it's a great university. But humility is a great characteristic for anyone who has success.

Agree with this completely, although, I would say that A&M will continue to be a solid team due to the number of "big boy" recruits they are bringing in.

Agree with this completely, although, I would say that A&M will continue to be a solid team due to the number of "big boy" recruits they are bringing in.

I believe they will too. Because Kevin Sumlin is an awesome coach and awesome guy. Probably one of my personally favorite coaches in college football today.

I believe they will too. Because Kevin Sumlin is an awesome coach and awesome guy. Probably one of my personally favorite coaches in college football today.

I think he has some flaws that we don't know about... The amount of players that have been arrested this offseason for A&M is insane. My favorite college coach today is good ol' Kliff Kingsbury. Honestly though... All I want is to see UT play A&M again.

Yet aggy could not finish no better than 4th in the conference, All those studs and not crap to show for it. Maybe they can claim an NFL draft invite title and place a sign on the outside of the stadium. The 2015 class is falling apart for aggy. It is decommit season for aggy and the two year ride on Johnny Manziels back is over.