Ozen head coach applicant list released

Ozen is as talented as you can be at the skills positions. Their issues will be line play on both sides of the ball and overall depth. They need to stay in a spread offense and run out of it. The o-line will not allow them to overpower any team, so spreading the defense out is almost a necessity. The Panthers offense should be about getting Rodney and Calvin into space and letting them do their thing. That combined with some timely passing and scrambling from Josh would make Ozen's offense pretty hard to stop. I just hope the new coach teaches execution. PS3 had multiple formations and a 1000 plays but, never taught the kids to execute 1 properly!

Just my opinion, but the first thing a new coach needs to instill at Ozen will not be Offense, Defense, or Special Teams; Discipline and Trust!! I have seen several Ozen games the last 5 or 6 years and there have for the most part been two certainties: they are rarely(if ever) out athleted and mistakes on the field in my mind related to discipline. Understand the discipline that I am referring to is related to penalties and blown assignments not behavior.

B) B) great clarification.

Atkins had been suspended for improper relationship with a student! If I were the principal of the campus Atkins was employed, I would tell him to get away from the campus and not come back and report it to law enforcement as soon as possible! Faculty are the students' teachers, not their friends! Period. They have their own dining facilities (faculty/staff lounge) unless they are assigned to lunch duty where they have their own table where they can eat their own lunch. The students have their own restroom facilities and the faculty/staff have their own. I am sick and tired of that stuff being heard on the news! It never happened like 15-20 years ago until Mary Kay Letourneau had an improper relationship with one of her former students as result having two children with him, divorcing her husband at that time rarely seeing her older children, and serving prison time for sexually assaulting a child because at that time, he was under 18. Her time in prison took a toll on her family life. She became estranged with her two children and her father died while being incincarcerated and she couldn't go on furlough to attend his funeral! Mrs. Letourneau and the former student are now married!

Great HISTORY review. What's it supposed to mean or imply?

Offensive lines have to be developed and working on footwork, blocking techniques and hitting the weight room can really help this situation. Remember, Ozen lined up in the power-I formation and was driving the ball against PNG and even threw from it, they also had a fullback in front of Calvin during the Central game and was successful until he fumbled and they sat him out. Vidor is never really big but they are committed to what they do and I believe if you have to line up 7 yards back to get a yard or 2 that it is not an advantage but a disadvantage. Football really is a brutal sport and we try to finesse our way up the field at times when we should be pounding people in the mouth. I think if they ran a multiple offense then that would give them greater chance of success. Running some spread, some I or power I, tightend sets and even some wing-t sets would allow them to find the weakness of their opponents to defend. I do agree that the discipline to do their assignment is most important! JMO  

Ozen is as talented as you can be at the skills positions. Their issues will be line play on both sides of the ball and overall depth. They need to stay in a spread offense and run out of it. The o-line will not allow them to overpower any team, so spreading the defense out is almost a necessity. The Panthers offense should be about getting Rodney and Calvin into space and letting them do their thing. That combined with some timely passing and scrambling from Josh would make Ozen's offense pretty hard to stop. I just hope the new coach teaches execution. PS3 had multiple formations and a 1000 plays but, never taught the kids to execute 1 properly!

He needs to give the school district their money back. ;)

That saying "jack of all trades" has a second half to it, "master of none". Switching back and forth is not the answer. What team has had sustained success doing that much switching? Ozen score 22 points against PNG and 6 of those was from Brown taking an INT back. Oh and they lost that game. Vidor has run their offense for how many years? And their success came to an end with Q's graduation. The Panthers kept switching under PS3. A little spread, a little pistol, a little I formation, a little power I, a few trick plays, and a lot of BS. Check Denton Guyer's spread rushing attack out. There's nothing soft about it. Both of Guyer's state title victories from the last two seasons are on YouTube. JMO

I hear you on that and no you don't need a thousand plays but you can run some of the same plays out of different formations. MaGee wasn't consistent with anything that worked and it's all about discipline and excecution whatever they run. Jamal Charles isn't a big back but can run inside and out with a one or two back set and even flank out. I think Ozen's backs are capable and O-Line has to put in work to get it done. The QB makes plays but has been more interested in basketball development in the past. You have to be able to throw the ball up-field to throw short an vice-versa. I don't know it all but have played at a high level as well as coached the sport and the teams that give defenses most difficulty are the teams that make you think how to line up against different formations and execute!

Yeah, only if Ozen had Denton Guyer's coach, offensive line, and quarterback, they could run that offensive. lol

heck is ozen only had A coach.

can you imagine the couch ozen could buy if they combined the salaries of the coaches they are paying for right now.

Yeah, only if Ozen had Denton Guyer's coach, offensive line, and quarterback, they could run that offensive. lol

I meant the fact that they are run heavy out the spread offense. Aledo runs out of the spread and their Rb had 35 TDs this past season. Cedar Hill and Allen run the ball alot and both use spread offenses. Its possible to be run heavy out the spread. Smh...

Mr. Eldridge I know you personally and you were around when I played at Ozen, however I think your idea of a power offense is old and tired out. I also believe that is your own personal preference of an offense rather than one that would benefit Ozen's personnel. Ozen has ATHLETES and I feel the best way to use them is in a spread offense. However one change I think should be made is Boyd at QB, you can't have a QB who's more concerned about basketball than football. Whoever the new coach is should definitely make that change when he comes in. 

Ridge I have to give it too you I really wasn't aware you were a coach until I really paid attention to one of your post. you do make some good observations of the ozen program over the past few years and how they should implement certain things. so I ask the question why don't you put your name in the hat for the job.. I didn't see Eldridge on the list, or maybe that's not your real name and your name is on the list.. or maybe you aren't really a coach, or maybe you coach junior high and aren't ready for the high school level, or maybe you are one of those 7 on 7 volunteer coaches even, or worse you could be a pop warner coach who critics the  local varsity coaches and thinks that you can run little league plays on Friday nights

Mr. Eldridge I know you personally and you were around when I played at Ozen, however I think your idea of a power offense is old and tired out. I also believe that is your own personal preference of an offense rather than one that would benefit Ozen's personnel. Ozen has ATHLETES and I feel the best way to use them is in a spread offense. However one change I think should be made is Boyd at QB, you can't have a QB who's more concerned about basketball than football. Whoever the new coach is should definitely make that change when he comes in.

Remember I said (Multiple!) It is a variation of different offensive formations, some spread is also utilized. Speed is also used when teams have to line 8 in the box and offenses try to beat them to the edge and get more one on one reciever match ups. Spreading teams out sometimes allows defenses to just cover certain areas and run cover 3 or 4 to keep people in front of them. A good pass rush will make QB's have to read and make quick decisions. Good defensive coordinators can really prepair the team to defend simple or the same one offensive set, especially if they have smart and decent athletes in their program.

If we're going to be technical, every offense has different formations in which you run the same plays out of. But, what it seems like you're trying to say is having multiple philosophies on offense which in my opinion would definitely not work. No team has enjoyed sustainable success switching offensive disciplines all the time. The coach would more than likely confuse his own players more than the opposing defense. Execution would be like it was under PS3, nonexistent!

Ridge I have to give it too you I really wasn't aware you were a coach until I really paid attention to one of your post. you do make some good observations of the ozen program over the past few years and how they should implement certain things. so I ask the question why don't you put your name in the hat for the job.. I didn't see Eldridge on the list, or maybe that's not your real name and your name is on the list.. or maybe you aren't really a coach, or maybe you coach junior high and aren't ready for the high school level, or maybe you are one of those 7 on 7 volunteer coaches even, or worse you could be a pop warner coach who critics the local varsity coaches and thinks that you can run little league plays on Friday nights

Ha, Haaaa, I am all of the above and then some! I can even pop popcorn for you on Friday nights so you can better enjoy those corny jokes! Let's just say that I had the pleasure of helping some of these players development at one point and time and simply wish them the best. As for coaching, some of the best coaches never played the game as well as some of the best critics!

If we're going to be technical, every offense has different formations in which you run the same plays out of. But, what it seems like you're trying to say is having multiple philosophies on offense which in my opinion would definitely not work. No team has enjoyed sustainable success switching offensive disciplines all the time. The coach would more than likely confuse his own players more than the opposing defense. Execution would be like it was under PS3, nonexistent!

Yeoj, I'm sorry but you don't have to change every play or every series. I've experienced playing football on the little league, jr. High, high school & college level and have seen multiple offenses from some teams. It is about discipline and you do have to have players who can grasp the change in formations. Ozen had PNG beat but would not get under center to run the clock out. Instead they snapped the ball past the QB and threw passes to stop the clock when PNG could not stop their power-I earlier that night. IJS

OF, why are you convinced that Boyd is more concerned with basketball than Football and qhqt difference does that make? He's a heck of a football player, and it showed last year...

Because I talk him almost 3 times a week trust me, he's told me basketball is his main focus. It's expected  though because he comes from a basketball family. 

Because I talk him almost 3 times a week trust me, he's told me basketball is his main focus. It's expected  though because he comes from a basketball family. 

If he is gonna try to play a sport at the next level, it's gonna be at football.  And I think he probably knows that already.  Doesn't matter which one he loves more.  JMO