Kliff doing work

PhatMack19

Heard needs to improve drastically in the passing department in order to be considered the best ever at Texas and in the running for the 1st pick. It would help him if Ash can play this year and Heard gets a year to learn. If Ash can't go, Heard maybe the starter from day 1. Swoopes needs to change positions.

Heard throws the ball better than VY ever did. Much like Tebow, VY's passing efficiency numbers were off the charts because of how defenses played him due to the running threat. The only NFL throw I ever saw VY make in college was when he hit Limas Sweed in the corner of the endzone to beat Ohio State, the rest of the time his receivers were wide open. VY dropped the ball down below his head and pushed it off his shoulder, it was ugly and effective in college but didn't work in the league. Heard already has a good motion and if he has a good qb coach his mechanics will improve his accuracy. I think Heard is a better version of Tajh Boyd. They're looking at Blake Bortles as the top pick right now simply because of his physical tools just like they did JP Losman, Brady Quinn and Christian Ponder who are all trash. Heard has the tools so I don't think it's a stretch for him to be at the top of the draft in 3 or 4 years.

Now Kyle Allen on the other hand, kid doesn't even need a jersey because he'll never play. That's if Murray comes or not. His film doesn't even look as good as the other top qb from Arizona who never got to play in Texas. Weak arm and no feet, typical west coast qb recruit.

Cougar14 - you could be right on all points.  But to make statements that one QB will never see the field and that another will be the top of the draft board before they attempt so much as their first pass in college is really interesting.

That being said Heard does sound like he has the tools to be a good QB. 

Cougar14 - you could be right on all points.  But to make statements that one QB will never see the field and that another will be the top of the draft board before they attempt so much as their first pass in college is really interesting.

That being said Heard does sound like he has the tools to be a good QB.

I said Heard because a decent career with a good combine seems to put you at the top of the draft if you're a qb and he would certainly impress there.

To be considered a good qb in the SEC you have to have the big arm or the legs to be able to at least get you out of trouble and Allen has neither IMO.Those west coast guys usually don't become stars in the south because they get exposed by the speed of the game. If they stay out west they often become stars though. Their flaws usually aren't realized until they get to the league but I think LSU, Georgia and 'Bama will expedite the process. That, mixed with the fact that I think he'll transfer before he can earn the job.

Stats from the Army All American Game

Allen 12-18 183 yards
Heard 0-3 0 yards. 63 yards rushing

Kyle impressed scouts all week in practice. I trust them a little more than you.

Heard should run the option. He was 9-9 in the state championship game completing screen passes. He's a dynamic athlete but not a good passer.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1911169-us-army-all-american-bowl-2014-complete-box-score-and-analysis

Murray might want to play out of his dad's shadow, but I would be shocked if he does not sign with atm.

Someone will end up transferring before its all over. The Allen kid is legit. He will be very good in Sumlin's system.

Kyler Murray is the real deal. He's an Aggie legacy, but if Allen wins the starting job I don't see him sitting for 3 years. He will go somewhere he has a chance to play early.

Stats from the Army All American Game
Allen 12-18 183 yards
Heard 0-3 0 yards. 63 yards rushing
Kyle impressed scouts all week in practice. I trust them a little more than you.
Heard should run the option. He was 9-9 in the state championship game completing screen passes. He's a dynamic athlete but not a good passer.
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1911169-us-army-all-american-bowl-2014-complete-box-score-and-analysis

If you think that's high praise then you should have read what they were saying about Garrett Gilbert after the all-america game, was even the Gatorade national player of the year and you see how that turned out. Scouts also weren't very high on three star JF. Scouts miss on a lot of guys, especially west coast qbs which is the reason out of all the highly touted qbs from out that way Carson Palmer is the only one that didn't flame out once the game got faster. Smith and Rodgers weren't highly recruited like Lienhart, Sanchez, Harrington, A. Smith, McNown, Clausen, Barkley, etc. You should trust them more than me but I was the one almost three years ago that said Tony brown would be the first consensus five star from the SETX region, other people on here said I was dumb because there were players better than him in district. If it's archived somdwhere you can also find before this year I said Joe Mixon was the best back in the country, at the time he was probably the 20th rated back in the country but the film was telling me different. People were posting links showing me I was wrong, which I was . . .For about 6 months until they suddenly made him a five star. I don't go off what scouts say, I just put the tape on. ALL the qbs (Kolb, Keenum, Manziel) he's coordinated or hc'd are scramblers, Allen will be a sitting duck. I hope I'm wrong for his sake though.

Its really hard to say what these kids are going to do in college. Tommy Armstrong for NU everyone is trying to dub him the next Tommie Frazier but he has yet to show that. Would love for him to but I don't see it.

As for Texas I think Heard will do ok this season with Strong's system but you just never know.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have seen moves like this in the middle of the season!

Spread the blame and hope for a jump start. It will usually work for a short time.

If Kliff did not like his DC, why was he there?

#SPCFBG