Kliff doing work

PhatMack19

Huge get for Tech. Maybe that's why he ran off all of the other QB's.

@max_olson: Texas Tech lands ESPN's No. 1 dual-threat QB @Jarrett_Stidham. Impressive athlete, huge get http://t.co/nFCWmh3fRH

Highest ranked Tech signee since rankings were instituted. My east Texas sources also tell me Patrick Mahomes is not a lock to go MLB either. If he enrolls next fall, stidham going to have some competition for his job.

I dont. If they did they would have nabbed RG3 and JFF. Hopefully UT doesn't screw over Heard.

C'mon buddy.  There are a dozen QBs from Texas starting in the NFL.  Another ten or so are backups.  And I am proud to say ONE of those backups at least is a Longhorn.  How could you have doubts after hearing that????  ;)

I dont. If they did they would have nabbed RG3 and JFF. Hopefully UT doesn't screw over Heard.

I don't think they will. Heard has a chance to be the best qb to ever wear burnt orange. His film looks very similar to JF's coming out of Tivy, Heard did it against the absolute best competition in the state for the last three years though. He runs better than JF and has a much liver arm, he's just not as accurate right now. Texas will probably go away from the spread and run more pro-style like Louisville did under Strong which will keep Heard well protected. Instead of having to read defenses and make quick decisions like you do in the spread, he'll be able to hand it off and throw single-read play-action passes. If he figures out how to play from the pocket at his size and athleticism he could be in the first overall pick consideration like JF is.

I don't think they will. Heard has a chance to be the best qb to ever wear burnt orange. His film looks very similar to JF's coming out of Tivy, Heard did it against the absolute best competition in the state for the last three years though. He runs better than JF and has a much liver arm, he's just not as accurate right now. Texas will probably go away from the spread and run more pro-style like Louisville did under Strong which will keep Heard well protected. Instead of having to read defenses and make quick decisions like you do in the spread, he'll be able to hand it off and throw single-read play-action passes. If he figures out how to play from the pocket at his size and athleticism he could be in the first overall pick consideration like JF is.

Heard needs to improve drastically in the passing department in order to be considered the best ever at Texas and in the running for the 1st pick. It would help him if Ash can play this year and Heard gets a year to learn. If Ash can't go, Heard maybe the starter from day 1. Swoopes needs to change positions.