IT IS NOW OFFICIAL!! Magee has resigned from Ozen

If I was BISD I would throw some money at Scott Ponder and get him to Ozen, I saw that man take a mediocre WF Rider program and turn it into a power 2nd yr in up in North Texas. I know he just got a gig somewhere near Sherman but I would give him a ring if I were BISD/Ozen.

The sad thing is that the current Jr's will have 3 different Coaches their last 3 yrs of school. This wouldn't be a problem if you had a program already established, but we are Miles away from being Established.

Very pitiful & Sad.  Now the people that thought their Butt-Kissing Efforts got them ahead................ News flash, time to get those lip injections Cuz it's "Butt-Kiss-Fest" 2014 ;) 

By the way there is a shortage of Chapstick, so careful when you PUCKER UP :P 

The sad thing is that the current Jr's will have 3 different Coaches their last 3 yrs of school. This wouldn't be a problem if you had a program already established, but we are Miles away from being Established.

Very pitiful & Sad.  Now the people that thought their Butt-Kissing Efforts got them ahead................ News flash, time to get those lip injections Cuz it's "Butt-Kiss-Fest" 2014 ;) 

By the way there is a shortage of Chapstick, so careful when you PUCKER UP :P 

and people thought it was hating when I said Ozen would be set-back years when they got rid of Nelson for this guy...............smh lol

They better go get Scott Ponder, if they get him Ozen will be in a regional final within 3 years.

I'm just SMH at this whole situation. Some things I want to say but won't. Anyhow, I hope Ozen gets someone who can turn the program around. The talent is definitely there for them to do what Central did from 2012 to 2013.

We are ready to move forward. You're fortunate you didn't have to experience it firsthand like the players did. SMH

Has nothing to do with the district here in this situation. It's all on the ex coach here, trust me.... And its pathetic how it all went down.

In that case, SHAME ON YOU COACH!!!!  I really hope they find someone to bring Ozen that will stick around and develop a tradition of excellence. The kids deserve that.  They should contend for the district title every year!!

I would highly doubt it if Coach Babin were to come to Ozen. My pick should be Verrill Young of Memorial! He is the right person for the job! He lead WOS to the State title game in 2000 and was on John Clayton's staff over there and was the head boys track coach! We should be lobbying for Verrill Young to be the head football coach at Ozen!

Some people may not like this but Ozen needs a coach who will be dependable, committed to being here for several years (not a resume' builder), someone who can relate and be compassionate/caring for these kids future and not just their own! They need a good structured disciplinarian, manager of people and a program, especially if they are not a good X's & O's guy, they have to be able to put the right assistants in place. Ozen currently as of this past year only had about 8 coaches while the other BISD schools had 12 to 14, so this definitely  must change!

I know for a fact that Ozen is loaded with talent and the turn-around process would not be that long. They need a coach who can run multiple offensive sets, utilizing a fullback & tight end sets along with read options and some spread. They don't have a quarterback who will put time into going to camps to be able to read coverages and work on their skill set to become efficient in the spread game. The coach has to be somewhat of a social worker and surrogate father because he will deal with some unusual circumstances from time to time. It's about developing kids as well as the program. Show them consistency, honesty and love and they will jump through walls for you. These kids will be at a disadvantage having a new coach coming in but hopefully he won't change everything and simply add and remove somethings as needed! JMO