Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

40 minutes ago, Reagan said:

How many State Championships did Briles win at Stephenville, bro?

Did you even read the article? Or are you a closet rape/steroid abuse apologist? It's not hard to win when you have a competitive advantage everywhere he's been. He's a cancer that UT would never again look at hiring.

24 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Did you even read the article? Or are you a closet rape/steroid abuse apologist? It's not hard to win when you have a competitive advantage everywhere he's been. He's a cancer that UT would never again look at hiring.

All i asked was how many State Championships did he win?  So, wherever he's been it was never him?

34 minutes ago, Reagan said:

You said he's always had a competitive advantage.  I say it was him that made them competitive.  I've been watching his teams for a long time.  And cancer never entered the equation!

Win straw and testosterone certainly did though. And a competitive advantage is by definition, an advantage that the competition doesn't have by the laws of the game. It's called cheating and Art Briles is second to none in that category. Every single one of his wins are tainted forever. How does it make you feel to be an apologist for such a scum bag?

1 hour ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Win straw and testosterone certainly did though. And a competitive advantage is by definition, an advantage that the competition doesn't have by the laws of the game. It's called cheating and Art Briles is second to none in that category. Every single one of his wins are tainted forever. How does it make you feel to be an apologist for such a scum bag?

Ha!  Sounds like a lil jealousy on your part.  He must have destroyed a a many of your teams! 

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Ha!  Sounds like a lil jealousy on your part.  He must have destroyed a a many of your teams! 

Jealousy?! Give me a break... What did he win at Baylor? A few conference championships followed by a loss in a bowl game? The only reason he won at Baylor is because he hid RAPISTS from discipline. And now he's on the soup line...

13 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Jealousy?! Give me a break... What did he win at Baylor? A few conference championships followed by a loss in a bowl game? The only reason he won at Baylor is because he hid RAPISTS from discipline. And now he's on the soup line...

LOL!!  Yes, a WHOLE lot of bitterness!

I can tell you the powers that be breathed a huge sigh of relief they didn't meet Briles' demands and hire him 3 years ago.  As bad as it's been, that would have been an unmitigated nightmare.  The only place he has a chance of landing at a Power 5 would be the SEC.  And he's probably going to have to take another job in between so even those schools can get a little "buffer" before selling their souls further to the devil.  

Fat Ketch is great.  I can't believe some of y'all pay him for this.  

Quote:You have my permission to dream big with the 2016 Texas Longhorns.

Go ahead.

As the resident brake-tapper on Orangebloods, I've been dealing cold water to Texas fans since I gave Garrett Gilbert and the 2010 Longhorns the benefit of the doubt in nightmarish fashion.

Since then, there's been a whole lot of realism (sometimes passed off as pessimism) when it comes to any kind of prediction for the Texas football program. When Texas fans have bathed in the sunshine of 9-3 prognostications, I'm the one over the last five years who handed them a towel in the form of possible seven-wins (or less) season reminders.

So, I feel like when I tell you it's ok to give into the sunshine pumping, it's coming from a place you can trust that doesn't give into going ga-ga over any kind of burnt orange success with the ease of a sixth grader falling in love with the girl sitting next to him in history class. After two weeks of college football action, there are two incredibly important truths as it relates to the ability of this team to win a trophy or two.

These Longhorns are pretty damn goodand the conference they play in is not.

It's that simple.

After wins over Notre Dame and UTEP, the Longhorns have dangerous units in every phase of the game with some of the best young, emerging talent in the entire country and, oh yeah, a quarterback who is reminding people of a young Colt McCoy.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 looks like a conference that should lose its spot at the big boy table. Already this season, Oklahoma, TCU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech have taken Ls from the likes of Houston, Arkansas, Central Michigan and Arizona State, respectively. Frankly, I'm willing to give the Sooners the benefit of the doubt, but the rest of these teams all look like rubbish. In what was supposed to be a quiet week in college football because of the lack of quality match-ups, but the Cowboys and Horned Frogs found a way to be the only teams in the country to fall out of both polls after home losses to unranked teams.

I don't know if this Texas team truly has championship chops, but outside of possibly the Sooners, I don't know that there's a team left on the schedule that's as good as the team I've watched the last two weeks at DKR.

It's two weeks into the season, but I don't see any reason why this team won't be playing for important things late in the season. Like almost every team in the country not named Alabama, this is a group that might be an injury or two away from trouble, but based on what we've seen thus far, there's no reason to cringe at the thought of thinking big.

Perhaps the stars aren't aligning, but it sure seems like I can see Orion's Belt from here.

You have my permission to dream big.

~Ketch

26 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Fat Ketch is great.  I can't believe some of y'all pay him for this.  

Quote:You have my permission to dream big with the 2016 Texas Longhorns.

Go ahead.

As the resident brake-tapper on Orangebloods, I've been dealing cold water to Texas fans since I gave Garrett Gilbert and the 2010 Longhorns the benefit of the doubt in nightmarish fashion.

Since then, there's been a whole lot of realism (sometimes passed off as pessimism) when it comes to any kind of prediction for the Texas football program. When Texas fans have bathed in the sunshine of 9-3 prognostications, I'm the one over the last five years who handed them a towel in the form of possible seven-wins (or less) season reminders.

So, I feel like when I tell you it's ok to give into the sunshine pumping, it's coming from a place you can trust that doesn't give into going ga-ga over any kind of burnt orange success with the ease of a sixth grader falling in love with the girl sitting next to him in history class. After two weeks of college football action, there are two incredibly important truths as it relates to the ability of this team to win a trophy or two.

These Longhorns are pretty damn goodand the conference they play in is not.

It's that simple.

After wins over Notre Dame and UTEP, the Longhorns have dangerous units in every phase of the game with some of the best young, emerging talent in the entire country and, oh yeah, a quarterback who is reminding people of a young Colt McCoy.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 looks like a conference that should lose its spot at the big boy table. Already this season, Oklahoma, TCU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech have taken Ls from the likes of Houston, Arkansas, Central Michigan and Arizona State, respectively. Frankly, I'm willing to give the Sooners the benefit of the doubt, but the rest of these teams all look like rubbish. In what was supposed to be a quiet week in college football because of the lack of quality match-ups, but the Cowboys and Horned Frogs found a way to be the only teams in the country to fall out of both polls after home losses to unranked teams.

I don't know if this Texas team truly has championship chops, but outside of possibly the Sooners, I don't know that there's a team left on the schedule that's as good as the team I've watched the last two weeks at DKR.

It's two weeks into the season, but I don't see any reason why this team won't be playing for important things late in the season. Like almost every team in the country not named Alabama, this is a group that might be an injury or two away from trouble, but based on what we've seen thus far, there's no reason to cringe at the thought of thinking big.

Perhaps the stars aren't aligning, but it sure seems like I can see Orion's Belt from here.

You have my permission to dream big.

~Ketch

I don't even know anyone who reads him more than you.  I don't even know the last time I read him when you didn't post something of his. How's that moving on thing working for you?  Me thinks poor Mack is more than a little worried with the ratcheting up of his even more obsessive posting about Daddy.  Poor little aggy...

41 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don't even know anyone who reads him more than you.  I don't even know the last time I read him when you didn't post something of his. How's that moving on thing working for you?  Me thinks poor Mack is more than a little worried with the ratcheting up of his even more obsessive posting about Daddy.  Poor little aggy...

All this coming from the guy whose school has hard hitting writers such as Looch and Hamm-bone covering them. Pot meet kettle...

21 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Looks like the inevitable is gonna happen in the morning. 

Hookem.com ‏@bevobeat 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: Texas officials have decided to fire Charlie Strong, according to source http://atxne.ws/2fehGDN#Longhorns

I guess won't get Strong's presser

3 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

I hope a light supper, got get ready for TCU 

Hookem 

This makes me sick to my stomach... Can't imagine how guys like Haines, Buechele, and Foreman feel after the way they played yesterday. Very bittersweet moment... Sucks because Charlie is a great man, he was just in over his head. It's time...

20 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

This makes me sick to my stomach... Can't imagine how guys like Haines, Buechele, and Foreman feel after the way they played yesterday. Very bittersweet moment... Sucks because Charlie is a great man, he was just in over his head. It's time...

I agree

and Texas was just the right job for Charlie. 

The next coach first job is recruiting Foreman. 

I saw some tweets above fumbling. 

The man is a beast and just carried the ball over 50 times against 8/9 man fronts all night. 

The percpetion that OL has improved is a mirage. Foreman has improved making them appear better.

Hookem