Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

7 hours ago, baddog said:

aggie couldn't have beat Iowa State. 

I hate this same old crap every year. aggie went to the sec. Instead throwing darts at their conference foes like they did in the Big XII, they instead kiss their ass. 

Trust me we get tired or SOS as well - and yes A&M would have beaten Iowa State.

21 hours ago, OldTimer said:

Ok - lets see if I can do this:

Here is my take:

1) Iowa State 24 - Texas 0

2) 6-7 2 years ago

3) 5-7 last year - is that not worse than the previous year?

4) 49 total offensive yards last bowl game - SEC team as well

5) total record last 2 years - 11-14

6) 7th place in the Big 12 in 2014 - ahead of the power houses Iowa State, K State and Kansas - Congrats

And as Bulldogbacker states "And whose program is looking up"?  Now comes all the excuses that Texas fans love to bring - go ahead facts are facts and your guarantee of future success is just hot air until he wins on the field.

Love the rose colored glasses you guys appear to be looking through.

Yeah Yeah Yeah you bet Oklahoma keep reminding me - is that not just like the time A&M beat Alabama - as Texas fans state means nothing when you finish in the last 1/2 of your conference.

And just for all of your information I do not know a single Aggie that cares a flip what Texas fans think of A&M having a female yell leader - hence the no reply to your feeble attempt to make an issue out of a non issue.

Hey... I bet I can come up with a list, too? Shall I commence?

OK, I'll give it the ol' college try:

1) I just so happened to be at the deer lease in Caldwell when Bamer ran through aggy.  I stopped off at the Dairy Queen after my hunt, it looked like the aggy football gods had puked in that place.

2) Try as you might, you couldn't put ol' Les out of his misery, instead you bought him another year or two.

3) You couldn't even beat UL (oh by the way, the upper classmen being 3* Chollie's guys) in your bowl game.

4) You got ran through again during recruiting season by 3* Chollie, but don't let it stop you from guzzling that which Hamm and Looch excrete.

5) Almost forgot, which QB's do y'all plan on playing again this year??  Ohhh...that's right...Hoobestank and a OU washout.

6) But don't worry, the 20 WR's that you have on scholarship will surely do you some good in the trenches when you need them most, I have the confident.

7) Alton Robinson, we're looking at you (through jail cell bars).

1 hour ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

OK, I'll give it the ol' college try:

1) I just so happened to be at the deer lease in Caldwell when Bamer ran through aggy.  I stopped off at the Dairy Queen after my hunt, it looked like the aggy football gods had puked in that place.

2) Try as you might, you couldn't put ol' Les out of his misery, instead you bought him another year or two.

3) You couldn't even beat UL (oh by the way, the upper classmen being 3* Chollie's guys) in your bowl game.

4) You got ran through again during recruiting season by 3* Chollie, but don't let it stop you from guzzling that which Hamm and Looch excrete.

5) Almost forgot, which QB's do y'all plan on playing again this year??  Ohhh...that's right...Hoobestank and a OU washout.

6) But don't worry, the 20 WR's that you have on scholarship will surely do you some good in the trenches when you need them most, I have the confident.

7) Alton Robinson, we're looking at you (through jail cell bars).

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap - good ones there :)

Only rebuttable I have is that Hoobestank and the OU washout are very likely better than any of the QB's ya'll trotted onto the field last year - better hope that Shane Buechele or Sam Ehlinger step up and do better than that last Next Great Texas QB did - oh you likely forgot about Garrett Gilbert.

15 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap - good ones there :)

Only rebuttable I have is that Hoobestank and the OU washout are very likely better than any of the QB's ya'll trotted onto the field last year - better hope that Shane Buechele or Sam Ehlinger step up and do better than that last Next Great Texas QB did - oh you likely forgot about Garrett Gilbert.

Last year is old news

you really need to live in the now!

What about QB great Bill Bradley?

3 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Laugh all you want now, but I wouldn't sleep on Swooped in this new offense. Simple reads determined pre snap with his arm strength could be serviceable. Plus he's a monster of a man.

Is this copy & paste from your direct quote from last year?  

New offense!  Swoope is going to be great!  Oh he sucks again.  Heard for 500+ yards is the next VY!  Oh they both suck and we don't make a bowl game.   Guy recruited by everyone as a WR and the true freshman are going to be the greatest next year!

12 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Is this copy & paste from your direct quote from last year?  

New offense!  Swoope is going to be great!  Oh he sucks again.  Heard for 500+ yards is the next VY!  Oh they both suck and we don't make a bowl game.   Guy recruited by everyone as a WR and the true freshman are going to be the greatest next year!

Well, at least they are still on campus ;).  Then again, they weren't stuck in a craphole they couldn't wait to get out of, like a couple of 5 stars I know... ;)

2 hours ago, OldTimer said:

LOL - this from fans who still bring up the glory days of the 60's and 70's - gotta laugh out loud.

They like to use their all time record, in which most came against an all male military school, to justify their greatness.  Recent history in which A&M actually leads the series doesn't matter 

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

They like to use their all time record, in which most came against an all male military school, to justify their greatness.  Recent history in which A&M actually leads the series doesn't matter 

Come on

started as agriculture and mechanical

military was a side

This is the hidden content, please

42 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

And what's the recent past that you speak of, Mack?  I can't remember past 27-25!!

In my lifetime A&M leads 17-16

Texas went 14-1-2 when the Rivalry first started from 1894-1908.  From 1940-1974 Texas went 31-3-1.  Congrats on being a powerhouse before I was even thought of.

38 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

In my lifetime A&M leads 17-16

Texas went 14-1-2 when the Rivalry first started from 1894-1908.  From 1940-1974 Texas went 31-3-1.  Congrats on being a powerhouse before I was even thought of.

Revisionist history.