Saltwater - 2014

vhs

Well yesterday was definitely a bummer.  Fished CGC and East Pass along with about a hundred other boats.  Didn't see anyone do much good and all we came up on was a few schools of small trout.  The wind was pretty stiff all day.

Redfish saved the day though, as we picked up a few nice ones in the Entergy canal. 

• 3 weeks later...

Its Spring Break, which means I have nine days off to get a few trips in...can't wait.  Hitting the water tomorrow.  It looks like the wind will be an issue as usual for March, but will see what happens.  Has anyone been out lately?

Its Spring Break, which means I have nine days off to get a few trips in...can't wait.  Hitting the water tomorrow.  It looks like the wind will be an issue as usual for March, but will see what happens.  Has anyone been out lately?

Looking forward to a report

Caught a few solid trout on Saturday in Coffee Ground Cove, but it was slow.  There was a whole lot of boats out there, and I didn't notice anyone just wearing them out. 

Went out on Monday afternoon blanked out.  I'm going to give it another shot Thursday morning.  I may give the ICW a look this time. 

• 2 weeks later...
Got a chance to go wade last Saturday on some new water. Soon as tide started pulling caught a limit of specks on Corky Original within the hr and left them biting. Buddy of mine went out there Wednesday and tallied up 2 more limits. Several trout were above the 21-22" mark, good solid fish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a long time, but there hasn't been much to report.  I've finally given up on the North End.  I guess the south winds are going to keep it ugly all summer long.  Tomorrow I'll try launching on the south end and see how it goes.  I here there has been a little bird action down there, so hopefully we can catch a few.  Any recent reports worth sharing???

Haven't posted in a long time, but there hasn't been much to report.  I've finally given up on the North End.  I guess the south winds are going to keep it ugly all summer long.  Tomorrow I'll try launching on the south end and see how it goes.  I here there has been a little bird action down there, so hopefully we can catch a few.  Any recent reports worth sharing???

Try the Channel and fish drop offs along the edges when tide is moving

• 1 month later...