I figured it out

PhatMack19

My suck comment was not aimed entirely at A&M ( notice the r-e-s-p-e-c-t ), it was aimed at all the other sucky teams too. Although this is the way you have to view it, 4 losses sucks no matter where you play, if your goal is a NC. You should try and win games, not pat yourself on the back by measuring up after losses. "Look who we played" only matters to pollsters.

If Georgia wasn't in the SEC they would've one the 2012 National Championship IMO.....Just think how many NC LSU & Bama would have if they weren't in the same division!!!!

Question baddog: If Bama was in the Mountain West Conference & went undefeated they would play in the National Championship game because they were undefeated??? I highly doubt that, heck TCU proved that was false in 2009 & 2010 when they went undefeated in the MWC... TCU is just one example that your statement isn't correct above!!!

I

If Georgia wasn't in the SEC they would've one the 2012 National Championship IMO.....Just think how many NC LSU & Bama would have if they weren't in the same division!!!!

Question baddog: If Bama was in the Mountain West Conference & went undefeated they would play in the National Championship game because they were undefeated??? I highly doubt that, heck TCU proved that was false in 2009 & 2010 when they went undefeated in the MWC... TCU is just one example that your statement isn't correct above!!!
I

....and your top two teams were defeated by the ACC and BIG XII. We could do this all day. You are trying to grab respect rom an average record while thumping your entire conference at singled out teams.

....and your top two teams were defeated by the ACC and BIG XII. We could do this all day. You are trying to grab respect rom an average record while thumping your entire conference at singled out teams.

Which is why the SEC is perrrrfect for the Ags.  They can join the Mississippi schools of the world by claiming the accomplishments of others.  It's an SEC tradition. 

That's two games look at the bowl record by conference as a whole this pass year & last if you like.....Numbers don't lie...

^^^That's the difference I see in the SEC, its not just about one or two big games and then you have the SEC Championship game which as of recent determines who goes on to play in the NC. Besides this past year the SEC Championship game is a better game & the winner rolls whom ever in the NC game...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule/

Gig'em

^^^That's the difference I see in the SEC, its not just about one or two big games there all big!!! Then you have the SEC Championship game which as of recent determines who goes on to play in the NC. Besides this past year the SEC Championship game is a better game IMO & the winner rolls whom ever in the NC game...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule/

Gig'em

My suck comment was not aimed entirely at A&M ( notice the r-e-s-p-e-c-t ), it was aimed at all the other sucky teams too. Although this is the way you have to view it, 4 losses sucks no matter where you play, if your goal is a NC. You should try and win games, not pat yourself on the back by measuring up after losses. "Look who we played" only matters to pollsters.

Baddog - I will have to agree with you that if you goal is the NC then 4 losses is a bad season if you agree then that means that Texas has sucked as well over the last several years even worse than A&M.

Difference is that while some Aggie's felt that with JFF the NC was in sight many of use realized that with the SEC - yes I mentioned the conference - that getting to the NC game is a long shot just to the conference grind you must face just to make the SEC title game much less the NC game.  I have only recently had fans post that the NC game will be in just a few years and those were not Aggie but Texas fans that have made that claim which with the current state of Texas football and the teams that they have to beat I must say sounds like a long shot at this time.

Baddog - I will have to agree with you that if you goal is the NC then 4 losses is a bad season if you agree then that means that Texas has sucked as well over the last several years even worse than A&M.

Difference is that while some Aggie's felt that with JFF the NC was in sight many of use realized that with the SEC - yes I mentioned the conference - that getting to the NC game is a long shot just to the conference grind you must face just to make the SEC title game much less the NC game. I have only recently had fans post that the NC game will be in just a few years and those were not Aggie but Texas fans that have made that claim which with the current state of Texas football and the teams that they have to beat I must say sounds like a long shot at this time.

Auburn was the luckiest team on the planet last year to only have one loss and play for the national title. They dominated FSU for most of the title game and barely came up short. Do y'all think FSU would have been undefeated if they had to play LSU, Bama, A&M, Mizzou, and Georgia like Auburn did?

Auburn was the luckiest team on the planet last year to only have one loss and play for the national title. They dominated FSU for most of the title game and barely came up short. Do y'all think FSU would have been undefeated if they had to play LSU, Bama, A&M, Mizzou, and Georgia like Auburn did?

Not Likely.  While this will not sit well with SEC haters - any team that does not have to go through the rigors of the SEC (specially in 2013) knows that they do not have the same hurdles in place to make the post season much less the NC game that teams from the SEC face..

^^^King I call the lsof miami because the size of the campus is 300+ acres heck I myself has way more land than that pretty sure Lamar does too!! Another reason is one of my best friends (cane fan btw)) and he is ashamed by the attendance at the football games that's another reason I call them lsof miami.....

Yea, Ill throw you a bone the ls of miami may still have the most NFL players but Im not sure anymore but I do know they haven't put out any first rounders in some time and most of them in the league now is pretty dang old its not the canes of the 1990's anymore heck they cannot compete in the ACC coastal which you yourself said is garbage.... As for the Ags this will be four years straight with a top 10 pick in the NFL Draft....

2011 Von Miller #2 Overall Pick

2012 Ryan Tannehill #8 Overall Pick

2013 Luke Joeckel #2 Overall Pick

2014 JFF ?

2014 Mike Evans ?

2014 Jake Matthews ?

Last first rounder was in 07, but still produced good players with Jimmy Graham and a few others, but I think 2015 draft. Denzel Perryman is the best MLB he will get taken in 1st round. Duke Johnson will be top 3 RB this season, but might be 2nd round this year

I hope my Titans draft Matthews. We need a tackle

^^^Perryman is a beast I agree!!! Hopefully Duke is back healthy & hopefully they don't run him to death like they did last year.....

Actually it was 08 Kenny Phillips (NY) 1st round last pick (31st) still first round though.

Jimmy Graham is a beast in the NFL but played b-ball mostly in college only one year of football..

• 1 month later...

@SDS: “Honestly, Texas A&M has taken over Texas because 1) It is the SEC and 2) Because of the spread offense." -@TheGreglittle74

I think Baylor has actually taken over Texas, best football program going in this state IMO.

Here is another quote from that article about the #1 ranked overall player in the 2016 class.

quote:
Now I’m not saying you can’t go to the NFL from the Big Ten or Big 12 or Pac 12, because you can, but the SEC prepares you

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/nations-no1-2016-player-coveted/

Here is another quote from that article about the #1 ranked overall player in the 2016 class.

quote:
Now I’m not saying you can’t go to the NFL from the Big Ten or Big 12 or Pac 12, because you can, but the SEC prepares you

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/nations-no1-2016-player-coveted/

Alabama is considered the best defensive team (and for the most part the best team) in college football. Name one impact defensive player in the NFL from Alabama. Just one.

They get tons of players drafted, but very few make an impact.

Seems the new tradition of some Texas fans is to demean other football programs and their conferences until such time as they or their conference again mean anything on the national level - I can understand that - attack what you can since you have nothing to defend.  

An Aggie tradition going back to the the penning of the lyrics of the "beloved" aggie fight song!!!  ;)