I figured it out

PhatMack19

Old timer, you are one ig I can tolerate but you lost me with the " best fourth place team". It fits right in with "we sucked but not as much as Texas" mentality. Fourth place in any conference is to be forgotten. Shouldn't the igs be more interested in what Bama and LSU are doing, rather than still comparing their accomplishments to Texas?

Texas runs the Big XII and Bama runs the SEC. When are the igs going to run one?

Mack, you have figured out nothing. Good jab though. One must search high and low to come up with their little zingers.

Baddog you must have someone else's quote mixed up with mine as I do not remember stating anywhere or anything about the best 4th place team.

You might be ok as well but the ig's statements tells me otherwise - you insult all Aggie's with that statement alone and then expect to be taken seriously in you rants about A&M - lose the ig comments and you might find some better common ground here.

You might see some Aggie's disagreeing with you but I do not see many insulting Texas the way you are insulting Aggies.

Just my opinion.

^^^You didn't answer mine???? All you want to do is hate on the SEC "top heavy" what about the other conferences that's top heavy....

Who won the most bowl games in 2013: Answer SEC

Who had the most teams in the BCS Top 25 Final Rankings: Answer SEC (7) Acc(3) Big10 (3) Pac 12 (4 which is the 2nd best IMO)

Who had the most teams in the BCS Top 10 Final Ranking: Answer SEC (4)

Who puts the most talent in the NFL: Answer SEC (Hint that why the recruiting is so so great just listen to the 18 year old kids they will tell you) SEC 576 NFL draftees will also GROW in this years draft next closest is the Big 10 with 396

BTW when did Michgan State become a powerhouse? 20-7 last 2 years hell Ags is 20-6

Gig'em

With a rose bowl victory, and defeated 2 top 10 teams this season.

I'm not hating on the SEC I just hate when SEC fans say teams outside the conference cannot compete.

And trust me. Bama brought more busts in the NFL then talent.

Just to think what yalls record would be without Manziel

4th Place Division finish in the SEC if better than 4th Place in the Big 12(10) any day!

Maybe I read this the wrong way. Best 4th place is what I get from it.

I'll be more than happy to drop the ig comment when I stop seeing "tu" and "sips". Those are considered respectful?

No, I ain't crying. Just don't believe in double standards.

Maybe I read this the wrong way. Best 4th place is what I get from it.

I'll be more than happy to drop the ig comment when I stop seeing "tu" and "sips". Those are considered respectful?

No, I ain't crying. Just don't believe in double standards.

I stand corrected - do not remember that one  :D  - but will stand by that statement as I do believe that for the 2013 season.

I also agree that any slight of a school - and I have used some on occasion - is not in good taste as I really do believe that A&M and Texas are both quality schools.

Lock, you are ate up with it. You are so full of yourself you can't see daylight. Igs are full of themselves.

Where is your comparison to Bama?

Like I said, when are you gonna own a conference. Fourth place seems to be bragging rights.

Umm, didn't they finish tied for 7th in the SEC?  Not fourth?

Yep, I double-checked. Tied for 7th with mighty Vanderbilt behind Auburn, Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, LSU, and Georgia.

Yes they finished 7th and ranked #18 in the country behind #2 Auburn, #4 South Carolina, #5 Mizzou, #7 Bama, and #14 LSU. Mighty Vanderbilt finished ranked #24 by the way.

You are making a case for the SEC without meaning to.

Yes they finished 7th and ranked #18 in the country behind #2 Auburn, #4 South Carolina, #5 Mizzou, #7 Bama, and #14 LSU. Mighty Vanderbilt finished ranked #24 by the way.

Not really.  Actually my point is the pride the Aggies seem to have over a 7th place conference finish and an 18th in the country ranking.  If Sumlin continues to get less with more, will he be on the hot seat?  As I know you know, we had a similar situation with Mack getting top classes who underperformed.  Kevin's young; maybe he will find the formula on the field.

Not really. Actually my point is the pride the Aggies seem to have over a 7th place conference finish and an 18th in the country ranking. If Sumlin continues to get less with more, will he be on the hot seat? As I know you know, we had a similar situation with Mack getting top classes who underperformed. Kevin's young; maybe he will find the formula on the field.

I don't think anyone is showing pride in 7th place finishes, but with Bama, LSU, Auburn and the rest of the SEC schedule 3-4 losses is very possible every year. A&M was in 3 of their 4 losses last year and if they had half of a defense could have won those games and player for a national title. They aren't that far away and the recruiting classes Sumlin is bringing in will only help.

I don't think anyone is showing pride in 7th place finishes, but with Bama, LSU, Auburn and the rest of the SEC schedule 3-4 losses is very possible every year. A&M was in 3 of their 4 losses last year and if they had half of a defense could have won those games and player for a national title. They aren't that far away and the recruiting classes Sumlin is bringing in will only help.

I can respect that evaluation.  Do you think that the "jury is still out on Sumlin"? 

I can respect that evaluation. Do you think that the "jury is still out on Sumlin"?

I think he has proven himself and exceeded most expectations. The DC Snyder should be on the hotseat. If the defense doesn't improve this year he has to go. Being young is one thing, but no way they should be 116th in the country in total defense.

Yep, I double-checked.  Tied for 7th with mighty Vanderbilt behind Auburn, Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, LSU, and Georgia. 

^^Thanks you helped prove my point look at all them teams name another conference with that many & Ags finished 7th overall (won the head to head with Vandy) & 4th in SEC West....

^^Man great post.... King tell me what other conference 7th & 8th place team finished ranked last year?

***I'll help***

acc: North Carolina 7th  NR Boston College 8th NR " Little School of Miami " 5th NR

big 10: Penn State 7th NR Michigan 8th  NR

Pac 12: Arizona 7th NR Oregon State 8th NR

_ig 12-2: TCU 7th (2-7) NR West Virginia 8th (2-7) NR

And you call the SEC top heavy heck our 7th & 8th place teams finished Nationally Ranked!!!!

One more thing what other conference has had two teams in the same division (SEC West) play for a National Championship??

Yet a ways back from Mizzou, you know that former Big 12 juggernaut?

Really, guessing because Mizzou made it to the SEC championship game but didn't they lose? See they haven't won nothing either....

Since Joining The SEC "2years"

Mizzou 9-7 in conference 17-9 overall

Ags 10-6 in conference 20-6 overall

You call that way back??? Looks to me as the Ags as outperformed Mizzou...

Yep, I double-checked.  Tied for 7th with mighty Vanderbilt behind Auburn, Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, LSU, and Georgia. 

In 2013 - all that means is that 7th in the SEC was better than 4th in he Big 12.  Which also means that the 8th place team in the SEC was better than the 4th place team in the Big 12.  I guess when 2/3rds of your conference end up in the top 25 that makes your conference "Top Loaded". 

That speaks to strength of conference I guess.  

You could say that Texas fans take pride in being in the top 1/2 of a conference that was lead by Oklahoma (I think Texas kinda don't like them) and Baylor (great turnaround).

So all one has to do is join an elite conference, suck, and automatically be catapulted above any other team. Makes sense to me.

No, no!  They didn't suck.  They almost finished in the top half of an elite conference.  It's quite an accomplishment.  Then again, being mediocre at best in a conference is old hat to the Ags.

So all one has to do is join an elite conference, suck, and automatically be catapulted above any other team. Makes sense to me.

No, no!  They didn't suck.  They almost finished in the top half of an elite conference.  It's quite an accomplishment.  Then again, being mediocre at best in a conference is old hat to the Ags.

If Sucks = 9-4 in an elite conference so what does that make 8 - 5 in an average conference?

And A&M still finished as one of the top 25 teams in the country - I am sorry where was Texas on that list as I could not find them?  And does not Texas have the most $$$$$ of any athletic program in the country?  Why are they not the best team in the country year in and year out?

There is no doubt that me and a lot of  Aggie's have a chip on our shoulders when we have Texas posters making comments like A&M sucks when today - right now - A&M is considered the better overall football program.  Than might well change in he future and has not been that way much in he past but right now today that is a fact until Texas again proves they can win the big ones.

My suck comment was not aimed entirely at A&M ( notice the r-e-s-p-e-c-t ), it was aimed at all the other sucky teams too. Although this is the way you have to view it, 4 losses sucks no matter where you play, if your goal is a NC. You should try and win games, not pat yourself on the back by measuring up after losses. "Look who we played" only matters to pollsters.

My suck comment was not aimed entirely at A&M ( notice the r-e-s-p-e-c-t ), it was aimed at all the other sucky teams too. Although this is the way you have to view it, 4 losses sucks no matter where you play, if your goal is a NC. You should try and win games, not pat yourself on the back by measuring up after losses. "Look who we played" only matters to pollsters.

See, now you're minimalizing an awesome 9-4 season and a jaw-dropping 18th place finish in the polls. I mean really, who doesn't commit to memory the country's 18th best team each season? And let's not forget the two MNCs they found from the pre-prohibition era last summer. Maybe, just maybe, they will find another before next fall and catch big brother! (Unless, of course, we go ahead and claim the 11 or so we haven't become pathetic enough to add to the banners...)