**#23 SILSBEE at #21 BRIDGE CITY Broadcast**/BC wins 5-4 in 8

I agree with AAW, that one was mighty tough last night.

A few thoughts....

1. Powell threw a heck of a game, that's a real bright spot going forward for the Tigers.

2. Lost in the shuffle is how well Guidry pitched, especially getting out of some really tough situations. Despite giving up the hits he only got hit hard twice, several of the Tiger hits were just great AB's on their part and they put the ball in play. Tip of the cap to both sides.

3. Errors continue to plague both sides, these 2 teams are going to be really good once they get lined out defensively.

4. Each team had several chances to put the game away and couldn't. Silsbee never got the big inning going after having plenty of traffic on the bases. BC couldn't finish the game in the 7th with a 2 run lead. Those are just examples.

5. Miscues that lead to extra opportunities by both teams was the deciding factor. BC's fielding errors were well documented and Silsbee dropped a couple of fly balls. Giving good teams extra chances often comes back to haunt you.

Definitely a playoff type atmosphere at the park last night and a great game to watch as the momentum shifted several times. For the Tiger players, especially those I am close to, keep your heads up because there is a lot of baseball left to play. Congrats to my Cardinals for figuring out a way to win, especially when you didn't play your best.

Looking forward to the next game between these two good teams, hopefully it will be as entertaining as this last one was.

Rake1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1387018" timestamp="1363779689"]
The numbers

1      2        3        4        5      6      7      8              R      H    E
Silsbee              1      0        0        0        0      0      2      1              4    11    1
Bridge City        0      0        0        0        0      3      0      2              5      3    4

Pitching

Silsbee

Powell    5 1/3 IP, 2 runs, 2 ER, 2 hits, 11 K's, 4 BB, 2 HBP
Hartman    2/3 IP, 1 Run, 1 ER, 1 hit, 1 K
Garcia      1 IP + 2 bat, 2 runs, [b]2[/b] ER, 0 hit, 1 K, 2 BB
Griffin      1 bat,

total        7 IP + 3 bat, 5 runs, [b]5[/b] ER, 3 hits, 14 K's, 6 BB, 2 HBP

Bridge City

Guidry        7 IP, 3 run, 2 ER, 9 hits, 12 K's, 2 BB
McFarland  1 IP, 1 run, 1 ER, 2 hits, 0 K, 1 BB

total            8 IP, 4 runs, 3 ER, 11 hits, 12 K's, 3 BB

Top hitters

Silsbee

Shellhammer    3/3  sb
Valencia          3/4  rbi
Gore                2/5  run
LeBlanc            1/3  2B, 2 R, rbi

Bridge City

Uzzle              2/3  sb
Pittman          1/3  HR, 3 rbi
Shugart          0/2  2 BB, 2 R
Sampere        0/2  2 BB,  R
[/quote]

Correction to stats..... Bridge City had 5 ER.

Agree, Silsbee should have won this.....They were definately the better team tonight....Powell was outstanding, can't wait to see that kid pitch again.....Just a fan of the game, but was sick when this one ended....Silsbee will bounce back, good luck guys!!!!

IMO... the error in the top of the 7th that was a routine DP by the SS would've ended the game. With BC winning 3-1.  Errors hurt both teams last night, it was just Silsbee's error in the end that hurt them.  Also, I think they pulled Powell to early.....

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1387002" timestamp="1363752725"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=110370.msg1386998#msg1386998 date=1363752437]
http://orangeleader.com/hssports/x2000916144/Cardinals-top-Tigers-in-8-5-3
[/quote]

Someone needs to tell Gabe Pruiett if your going to report it, make sure it's correct..... Score was 5-4
[/quote]

Someone needs to tell Gladtobehere if YOU'RE going to read my story then make a comment like this one, please spell my name the correct way. It is Pruett.
See how that works? I apologize for the painful mistake I made and the damages it caused you and your family. It has been corrected and I am sending flowers.
I apologize for helping my stepdaughter with homework while at the same time writing the story. Once again, accept my apology. It certainly changed the outcome of many people's lives.

On a far more serious note, Silsbee pitcher Tyler Powell was tremendous last night. Kudos to that kid.

[quote name="Gabe" post="1387088" timestamp="1363791640"]
[quote author=Gladtobehere link=topic=110370.msg1387002#msg1387002 date=1363752725]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=110370.msg1386998#msg1386998 date=1363752437]
http://orangeleader.com/hssports/x2000916144/Cardinals-top-Tigers-in-8-5-3
[/quote]

Someone needs to tell Gabe Pruiett if your going to report it, make sure it's correct..... Score was 5-4
[/quote]

Someone needs to tell Gladtobehere if YOU'RE going to read my story then make a comment like this one, please spell my name the correct way. It is Pruett.
See how that works? I apologize for the painful mistake I made and the damages it caused you and your family. It has been corrected and I am sending flowers.
I apologize for helping my stepdaughter with homework while at the same time writing the story. Once again, accept my apology. It certainly changed the outcome of many people's lives.

On a far more serious note, Silsbee pitcher Tyler Powell was tremendous last night. Kudos to that kid.
[/quote]

:'( :'( :'( In other words don't rely on information from the Orange Leader. 

Hard to believe we lost when BC had more errors than hits! crazy. Baseball's a funny sport! You can hit all night but if you cant get the runners across the plate you cant win. Our big hitters needed to step up with runners in scoring position and, 7th inning aside, we just couldn't do it. Come back hungry and get em next time boys!

[quote name="stigers12" post="1387142" timestamp="1363800323"]
Hard to believe we lost when BC had more errors than hits! crazy. Baseball's a funny sport! You can hit all night but if you cant get the runners across the plate you cant win. Our big hitters needed to step up with runners in scoring position and, 7th inning aside, we just couldn't do it. Come back hungry and get em next time boys!
[/quote]

That is where you have to tip your hat to Guidry, he got it done when he had to...... Silsbee didn't help themselves but he did what he had to..

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1387159" timestamp="1363802685"]
Hey Gabe, maybe Gladtobehere should start writing the articles for the Orange Leader. ::)
[/quote]

No SoloCup, I could never get that one sided Orange spin right...... LOL

I so sorry that a report cannot be held accountable, the story was wrong, I intended to just set the record straight......

It's all in how you make the correction.  You can do it without calling the man out.  There, you've had your lesson in manners and how to play nice with others for the day. :)

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1387179" timestamp="1363805147"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=110370.msg1387159#msg1387159 date=1363802685]
Hey Gabe, maybe Gladtobehere should start writing the articles for the Orange Leader. ::)
[/quote]

No SoloCup, I could never get that one sided Orange spin right...... LOL

I so sorry that a report cannot be held accountable, the story was wrong, I intended to just set the record straight......
[/quote]

I could keep responding to you but instead I will once again apologize for having the score wrong and how it impacted the outcome of the game and how it impacted you and your family.
If memory serves me right that is the first time in 12 years I have had the wrong score for a story, and I have wrote one or two in those 12 years.

[quote name="Gabe" post="1387259" timestamp="1363814265"]
I could keep responding to you but instead I will once again apologize for having the score wrong and how it impacted the outcome of the game and how it impacted you and your family.
If memory serves me right that is the first time in 12 years I have had the wrong score for a story, and I have wrote one or two in those 12 years.
[/quote]

I could accept that it was a mistake and that you had other things going on if it were not for your smart ___ overtone.  It did not impact me or my family in particular. 

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1387268" timestamp="1363815818"]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=110370.msg1387259#msg1387259 date=1363814265]
[/quote]

I could accept that it was a mistake and that you had other things going on if it were not for your smart ___ overtone.  It did not impact me or my family in particular.
[/quote]

You posted the first smart___ overtone and apparently it did impact you or why would you comment on something that was so petty. By the way you should be jealous of the Orange spin as you call it. LOL!!!!!! ;) Atleast the Orange Leader covers Orange County which includes several schools. Not like the beaumont enterprise who only covers Ozen, Central and Westbrook. The sports staff at the Orange Leader are only two people and they try to cover 7 schools.  Maybe you should appreciate instead of hate.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1387296" timestamp="1363822742"]
[quote author=Gladtobehere link=topic=110370.msg1387268#msg1387268 date=1363815818]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You posted the first smart___ overtone and apparently it did impact you or why would you comment on something that was so petty. By the way you should be jealous of the Orange spin as you call it. LOL!!!!!! ;) Atleast the Orange Leader covers Orange County which includes several schools. Not like the beaumont enterprise who only covers Ozen, Central and Westbrook. The sports staff at the Orange Leader are only two people and they try to cover 7 schools.  Maybe you should appreciate instead of hate.
[/quote]How are you doing buddy hadn't seen ya in a while

[quote name="CATS80" post="1387315" timestamp="1363827517"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=110370.msg1387296#msg1387296 date=1363822742]
[quote author=Gladtobehere link=topic=110370.msg1387268#msg1387268 date=1363815818]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]How are you doing buddy hadn't seen ya in a while
[/quote]

Doing good my frend, good to hear from you. Watching my grandaughter tonight. I love watching her sometimes. LOL!!!!!! She is making up for the time I missed with my kids. I am loving it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami