1970
Members-
Posts
1,165 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by 1970
-
Two different teams now. Especially PNG's team. Last year's game the #1 RB (Chatagnier) went down early with injury, and Tyson Henry was running with a bad ankle. Different core of receivers last year, different defense, or defensive effort, perhaps. This could end up being a close game, I don't know, but I don't see it having to do with last season's game.
-
Nederland by two FGs. 20 - 14
-
PNG has done pretty well at Montgomery stadium so far. Besides, if you're going to be in the playoffs then get used to not playing at home.
-
Yeah, they used to occasionally do a halfback pass when they had a halfback, and sometimes would throw to the RB coming out of the backfield with no screen.
-
They pass to #1 sometimes too. I don't immediately recall seeing PNG throw a pass to a RB yet all season. They may have but I don't remember seeing it.
-
I'm straying from the topic a bit, but wasn't the Nederland interception (after the PNG interception of the half back pass) just an underthrown ball after the QB scrambled out of the pocket? The receiver didn't come back for it, but the defender did. This is strictly from memory, I haven't seen a replay. The pass shouldn't have been thrown perhaps, but who knows. Anyway, I've watched a little of the Montgomery - Dayton game, and a little of the Mont. - West Fork game. WF didn't appear to me to give hardly any effort against Mont. Mont beat Dayton and lost to KW Park, and Dayton rolled KWP. Laporte rolled over KWP as well. IMO PNG should be able to take it to them. You never know of course, but I say if PNG keeps it going like they are then they will win by several TDs. The receivers caught most of the passes last night except a couple or three by one particular receiver, who I think is a great athlete and very capable, and that's why they continue to throw to him. If he ever gets it together then I think he'll be lights out.
-
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
PNG was simply the bigger and faster team last night, IMO. I saw positives for the Bulldogs though, although the option pitch out whatever you call it play wasn't one of them. Also IMO the Bulldog QB, Sheppard, should have had more carries, even if PNG made adjustments. Edit: I won't be surprised if they beat Huntsville. -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
I don't recall, my comment was based on the sub varsity scores thread on this site. -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
By the looks of the JV scores yesterday, there may be some up and coming varsity starters for the Bulldogs. As for both of the QBs tonight, I'd be interested to see the stats. -
Beaumont United (35) @ Beaumont West Brook (28) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Wow! Congrats BU! -
Unbelievable game, wow! Congrats Laporte.
-
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
I think the coin toss was rigged. -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
??? -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Trying to give #10 a chance for some practice. -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
That #10 receiver ... -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Early on I thought that Shepherd may end up with a 100 yard game. -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
I didn't see #35 in there on that 4th down. -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Are PNG subs in the game now? Edit: I don't see any new No.s on defense. -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Bad throws, neither should have been thrown. -
Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Nederland (17) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Is Shepherd Nederland's original QB? -
Yep, lots of things change. But I still enjoyed watching the middle school and JV games, plenty of good seats, short lines at the food stands, typically lots of action.
-
New Caney West Fork (0) @ Montgomery (52) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Oh yeah. Looks like they call it "Fall Ball". I think the post game dance will be the highlight of the evening. -
New Caney West Fork (0) @ Montgomery (52) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Yeah it's a runaway. Just using the transitive property (I think), WF beat Nederland, and Ned vs Dayton was a close game, and Dayton vs Montgomery was a close game, so I halfway at least expected WF to play Mont a closer game than what it is. Just goes to show what happens sometimes in sports. -
New Caney West Fork (0) @ Montgomery (52) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
Yeah, I agree. It may be subjective but I think there was more effort against PNG last week, even though it was 0 -25 at the half. I expected a closer game tonight than what I'm seeing. Is it their homecoming? -
New Caney West Fork (0) @ Montgomery (52) - FINAL
1970 replied to jdawg03's topic in High School Football
West Fork looks completely and totally flat, and then some, not to take anything away from Montgomery, but WF players look spent as though they are playing in a 5th or 6th qtr rather than the 1st or 2nd.