Jump to content

NorthoftheBorder

Members
  • Posts

    3,331
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NorthoftheBorder

  1. From a Raider fan, congratualations and represent SE Texas well in the game.
  2. Permian would smoke both Dayton and Lumberton
  3. There's no way in the world that Liberty Hill and Waco LaVega beat GP North Shore.
  4. I don't know, but it is a darn good one. Many of the prognasticator's are picking them to go to the finals. Here's a Raider fan hoping that the Raider's stop them short. But if they make it, I'll be rooting for them.
  5. I can't figure how Waller has 3,237 yds rushing as a team. When you add up the the Waller players on the rushing list you only come up with 1,696 yds. They must have 16 or more players who have less than 100 yds each which is most unlikely.
  6. Both Dayton and Lumberton get some well deserved recognition in the "Tuesday Recap" column by Jake Shaw on the website www.texasfootball.com
  7. As soon as anyone has the reason for the change, and why we couldn't get Stallworth, I'd like to know. For my two cents, I would have played them at Cardinal Stadium or Nederland's stadium.
  8. I think that for this game not to happen now in Round 4, one or both teams would have to stumble badly.
  9. I think Stallworth would have been a better venue. Do you know how Rice Stadium was chosen? Anyway, Raiders win this one going away. Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!
  10. I'm almost positive LM had a lost fumble near the end of the 1st half at about their own 20. Lumberton was unable to capitalize. They attempted and made a FG only to have it nullified by a penalty and then missed the next one after the yardage was marked off.
  11. P4E, just curious, what was the Freshman and JV records for Dayton this year?
  12. What happened to this website? They have not updated it since week 2!
  13. Head to head is always, let me repeat, always a better tie breaker when you have to break a tie. Having said that, I'm like you, it is water under the bridge. Good Luck to the Broncos, they are representing 22-4A well. If we meet again, it will be a game for the ages.
  14. Thomas "Pee Wee" Langham, ran for 1,692 yards (I thought is was 1,792 until he corrected me at the Nederalnd game) in 10 games in 1977. Brian "Big Gun" Wright ran for 1,400+ yards in 10 games in 1985. As far as I know, that is the top two rushing seasons until this year.
  15. Raiders win. Don't know the score but expect there to be a lot of points, Hussey closing in on single season rushing record and he could get it this week with another game like he had agains Smiley.
  16. Coop, Dave Campbells Texas Football website has 3 different poeple who are picking the winners in the playoff brackets for all classifications. One of the prognasticators has Dayton going all the way to the finals losing to Stephenville. All of them have Lumberton winning the 1st game and 1 of them has them going to round three losing to Houston Yates. Interesting reading today on the website.
  17. I was at the Lumberton game in Vidor and was truly impressed with the prayer before the game. This truly is a great thing in Vidor. Can't help but root for these guys (except when they play the Raiders).
  18. Hey Coop, There's another local message board that covers local HS football/sports. It's participation has dropped off dramatically in the last year or so because, in my opinion, they allowed poeple to come on there and continue to bash other schools/players/coaches/fans and a lot of poeple got sick of it. I see a lot of the posters who use to be regulars over there now on this board. I'm not saying this thread is has degenerated to that level yet, but you can see it moving in that direction. I hope we can continue to have a fun place to post.
×
×
  • Create New...