1. BMTSoulja1

BMTSoulja1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xaniv
    Newest Member
    xaniv

• Off topic, I know: the most grueling sport I have ever played was raquetball......notice I said “that I have played”
    • This one is for my favorite Catholic 😉   A teenaged boy goes to confessional.  “Forgive me Father for I have sinned.  I have been with a loose girl.” The priest asks, “Is that you, Little Johnny?” ”Yes, Father, it is.” ”And who was this girl you were with?” ”I can’t tell you Father.  I don’t want to ruin her reputation.” “Well Johnny, I’m sure to find out her name sooner or later, so you may as well tell me how.  Was it Emily Jones?” ”I cannot say.” ”Was it Lauren Peter’s?” ”I’ll never tell Father.” ”Was it Amelia Parker?” ”I’m sorry, but I cannot name her.” ”Was it Grace Smith?” ”My lips are sealed.” ”Okay, so it was Mia O’Malley then?” ”Please Father.  I really can’t tell you.” The priest sighs in frustration.  “You’re very tight-lipped, and I admire that.  But you have sinned my son, and you have to atone.  You can no longer continue to be an altar boy until 4 months have passed.  Now go and behave yourself.” ”Yes, Father.” Johnny walks back to his pew, and his friend Jimmy slides over and whispers, “What’d you get?” Little Johnny grins... “Four months vacation and 5 good leads!”
    • The problem is that most smaller school districts will now not be able to afford to hire retired teachers due to the fact that they will have to kick in the 15% to TRS. Before, if a retired teacher sat out a year (which is mandatory) then rehired to teach (which enables the teacher to draw two salaries) that teacher had to kick in the 15% of the rehire salary to TRS. There are a lot of school districts that hire retired teachers but having them pay the 15% will knock most of these districts  out of the loop. My wife just retired from teaching after 32 years. We are moving to the beach. She had planned to sit out her mandatory year and hire in at either East Chambers, Hamshire-Fannett, High Island or Galveston ISD (Crenshaw Elementary on Bolivar). Other than GISD, I highly doubt the other school districts will be willing to hire due to the 15%.  
  • Topics