4 Day Attendance Total State Champ.Games@Jerry World

liltex

208,528 fans attended,paying $15 a ticket.Add in the concessions $$avg. take in incl.sale of T shirts/merchandise and the take is probably in excess of 15 million not incl TV revenues.Add in hotel/other expenses in the Arlington area and the total is staggering for high school events as a revenue producer.HS football in Tx is gonna get bigger.I want to see Reliant/Alamodome share some of it.Your thoughts?

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1379544" timestamp="1361889438"]
I hope it stays in Arlington forever.  If it has to move, move it to the University of Texas.  There is nothing that says, "TEXAS football" better than the COWBOYS and Longhorns!!!
[/quote]

I guess you haven't watched either of those teams play the last few years.  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1379694" timestamp="1361904285"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=109805.msg1379537#msg1379537 date=1361889064]
It should be shared.. [b]with every realignment.  Reliant, Alamodome, Arlington[/b]
[/quote] Totally agree with this post!
[/quote]

Same here.

Sorry guys, when I hear "TEXAS football", Houston and San Antonio just do not pop into my head.  I have nothing against these two cities, just don't think about them when I talk about football.  Here are a couple of examples of what I'm trying to say: 

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4924378492438003&pid=15.1

http://landonhowell.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/college-football-map.png

The University of Texas and the DALLAS COWBOYS dominate the state of Texas on these maps.  Why, because these are the two teams that people think about when they hear, "Texas football".

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1379734" timestamp="1361908571"]
Sorry guys, when I hear "TEXAS football", Houston and San Antonio just do not pop into my head.  I have nothing against these two cities, just don't think about them when I talk about football.  Here are a couple of examples of what I'm trying to say: 

The University of Texas and the DALLAS COWBOYS dominate the state of Texas on these maps.  Why, because these are the two teams that people think about when they hear, "Texas football".
[/quote] Maybe the Longhorns But Dallas sucks and is OVER RATED

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1379751" timestamp="1361909407"]
[quote author=Ty Cobb link=topic=109805.msg1379734#msg1379734 date=1361908571]

[/quote]
They have the most fans in the NFL. UT is always a powerhouse

[quote name="ram0524" post="1379802" timestamp="1361913640"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=109805.msg1379751#msg1379751 date=1361909407]
[quote author=Ty Cobb link=topic=109805.msg1379734#msg1379734 date=1361908571]

[/quote]
They have the most fans in the NFL. UT is always a powerhouse
[/quote] Ok so that makes the state finals a must in Arlington because the cowboys have the most fans? This isn't the NFL this is high school football.

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1379544" timestamp="1361889438"]
I hope it stays in Arlington forever.  If it has to move, move it to the University of Texas.  There is nothing that says, "TEXAS football" better than the COWBOYS and Longhorns!!!
[/quote]

OK, go out back, grab a big stick, then beat the ever living ^(*&*&%^& out of yourself.  Good grief, PLEASE let the Aggies play Texas again and Houston Dallas.  >:( >:( ;)

This is not a contest between the Aggies/Longhorns or texans/COWBOYS.  This is about Texas high school football.  As I have stated, there is nothing that says, "Texas football" quite like the COWBOYS and Longhorns.  Sure, the Aggies and texans are hot right now and that's great, but they are not the first teams that you think about when you say "Texas football". 

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1381649" timestamp="1362190869"]
This is not a contest between the Aggies/Longhorns or texans/COWBOYS.  This is about Texas high school football.  As I have stated, there is nothing that says, "Texas football" quite like the COWBOYS and Longhorns.  Sure, the Aggies and texans are hot right now and that's great,[b] but they are not the first teams that you think about when you say "Texas football". [/b]
[/quote] Yep your right... Dayton Football is what they think of 1st  ;D

UT would be a great place. It's a beautiful stadium, it's in a nice city, it's the state capital, and whether you like it or not it is the first thing people think of when they hear the words Texas and football. The only downside I can think of is weather as it's not closed in. Also I think indoor stadiums take away from the game of football I would rather the state game be played in a backyard than an indoor stadium personally.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1381774" timestamp="1362236284"]
UT would be a great place. It's a beautiful stadium, it's in a nice city, it's the state capital, and whether you like it or not it is the first thing people think of when they hear the words Texas and football. The only downside I can think of is weather as it's not closed in. Also I think indoor stadiums take away from the game of football I would rather the state game be played in a backyard than an indoor stadium personally.
[/quote] its about $$$.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1381711" timestamp="1362196172"]
[quote author=Ty Cobb link=topic=109805.msg1381649#msg1381649 date=1362190869]
This is not a contest between the Aggies/Longhorns or texans/COWBOYS.  This is about Texas high school football.  As I have stated, there is nothing that says, "Texas football" quite like the COWBOYS and Longhorns.  Sure, the Aggies and texans are hot right now and that's great,[b] but they are not the first teams that you think about when you say "Texas football". [/b]
[/quote]

I am too far away to do it, but BHFan has sticks in his yard too........gonna have to send him to your single-wide and put a hatfield whipping on ya...... ;D ;D

[quote name="Frozen Baby" post="1382094" timestamp="1362282057"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=109805.msg1381711#msg1381711 date=1362196172]
[/quote]

I am too far away to do it, but BHFan has sticks in his yard too........gonna have to send him to your single-wide and put a hatfield whipping on ya...... ;D ;D
[/quote] seriously?    Its a doublewide thank you very much.....  :P

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1382190" timestamp="1362338381"]
[quote author=Frozen Baby link=topic=109805.msg1382094#msg1382094 date=1362282057]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=109805.msg1381711#msg1381711 date=1362196172]
[/quote]

[/quote] seriously?    Its a doublewide thank you very much.....  :P
[/quote]

;D ;D  My bad, the chicken coop blocked the other half as viewed from the dirt road out front.  ;D ;D

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1381774" timestamp="1362236284"]
[/quote]

traffic would be more of a nightmare than it already is. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I pulled into the bank drive-through to cash a check yesterday. Couldn’t figure out why they were closed. About an hour later I realized it was because of Juneteenth. Kind of ticked me off. I just wanted to cash a check. Hope that doesn’t make me racist.🤔
    • Partially true. God is omnipresent and loves us all the same. God is not distant, we are. We are the ones that stray away or outright reject him. It is up to us to turn to him. We must ask and knock.   Matthew 7:7-8 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds;and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
    • I read much more than I post on here. One strong observation is, the ridicule on this side is a two-way 6 Lane Highway. For all the ridicule you say you receive, just know your absence would probably be missed.
    • I watched all the games too. If you think that offense was high level, it's not really worth discussing with you any longer. Everyone standing around watching one kid shoot 3's, and one other drive to the basket is just plain bad. 
  • Topics