Saltwater - 2013

vhs

[quote name="vhs" post="1396502" timestamp="1366500898"]
Well, I've fished the last couple weekends and the stiff east wind is winning the battle...:(
[/quote]

Fishing is best with wind from the west but fishing is least with wind from the east.

..or so goes the old saying.

• 2 weeks later...
Taking my nephew and his girlfriend fishing Saturday and hoping to put them on some trout and/ or reds.  Any suggestions on where we should go?  I've fished the last few Saturdays along the Louisiana shoreline and haven't had much luck, but I keep reading about all the fish they are catching over there...I'm not doing something right.

I went this afternoon and spent time running from rain, but when we fished, it was pretty slow except for the flounder on the shoreline.  Tons of bait in the water from Blue Buck and up further north, but not many trout.  Gonna be really tough after the front comes through.  Think I would go after flounder. 

[quote name="westend1" post="1399865" timestamp="1367467478"]
I went this afternoon and spent time running from rain, but when we fished, it was pretty slow except for the flounder on the shoreline.  Tons of bait in the water from Blue Buck and up further north, but not many trout.  Gonna be really tough after the front comes through.  Think I would go after flounder.
[/quote]

I saw some pictures from a friend who guides on Sabine Lake and he has been running that area. He said that there have been quite a few wade fishermen killing the large trout there lately but the conditions needed to be right. With these last two days of winds and cold front blowing through, it probably won't be a good time to try.

I should pick up soon though.

• 2 weeks later...
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1542/51413.jpg[/img]got out for a couple of hours last night.  would've been much better, but right when we got in a big school of fish we had to go pick our buddy up at the ramp, and when we came back they'd scattered out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can never figure out how to post pics on here, but I have a few decent reports from recent trips.  The trout bite has been pretty decent on the North end of the lake in the shallows just east of the ship channel.  We've also caught some nice reds down around Bessie Heights.  I'm definitely enjoying the fishing, but I will enjoy it a lot more when the fall rolls around and it cools off a little... pretty tough to hide from the sun lately...lol

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xoxox
    Newest Member
    xoxox