Lamar RB coach James Brown has applied for Central HC job

If he has a good track record as an assistant then what does it matter at the HS level if he doesn't have HC experience? Its the BISD not the SEC, he won't be recrui...Nevermind! :D
Seriously though, Faircloth had no HC experience when we hired him neither did Neuman at Ned.

I think he'll make a good fit, but the most important thing for him or anyone is putting together a good coaching staff. I've always believed you're only as good as the people you surround yourself with, no matter how great you think you are. Every great leader understands that, be it head football coach or whatever leadership position you hold.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1368504" timestamp="1359651946"]
I think he'll make a good fit, but the most important thing for him or anyone is putting together a good coaching staff. I've always believed you're only as good as the people you surround yourself with, no matter how great you think you are. Every great leader understands that, be it head football coach or whatever leadership position you hold.
[/quote]
Ding, Ding Ding, Ding....We have a winner!

Great post. If given the job, does he have the connections at the HS level to put together a good HS staff. We know he has connections at the collegiate level, but those guys aren't leaving for HS assistant jobs!

On another note, you think Mitchell would have flourished under Brown's tutelage! Coulda been special.

[quote name="badndn" post="1368526" timestamp="1359654796"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=108788.msg1368504#msg1368504 date=1359651946]
[/quote]
Ding, Ding Ding, Ding....We have a winner!

Great post. If given the job, does he have the connections at the HS level to put together a good HS staff. We know he has connections at the collegiate level,[b] but those guys aren't leaving for HS assistant jobs![/b]

On another note, you think Mitchell would have flourished under Brown's tutelage! Coulda been special.
[/quote]So right you are, hope he didn't forget where he came from and kept connections with some good HS coaches. And on your other note, I can only imagine what it would have meant to a QB like Mitchell to have had someone who had been there and done that as a QB. ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1368601" timestamp="1359663724"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=108788.msg1368597#msg1368597 date=1359663457]
Naah , status quo is fine by me.  :)
[/quote] i see what you did there  ;D ;)
[/quote]

What , little ol' me??  ::) ::) ;D

[quote name="bigdog" post="1368670" timestamp="1359672296"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=108788.msg1368601#msg1368601 date=1359663724]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=108788.msg1368597#msg1368597 date=1359663457]
Naah , status quo is fine by me.  :)
[/quote] i see what you did there  ;D ;)
[/quote]

What , little ol' me??  ::) ::) ;D
[/quote]Afraid that District Title might get stolen  ;D

It will probably take a year.  You have to install a new system, (assuming the new HC wants to),  hire coaches and get to know and evaluate players.  Also need to establish an offseason.  If  BISD wants the coach to do that this year they better hire someone fairly quick.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83