What's up with Nederland!?!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this group of kids and they don't seem to be playing with the fire and teamwork like n the past. Don't get me wrong Ozen and Central are talented but I expected Nederland to at least battle at home and not go into the half down by double digits both times. That's just not what they have shown n the past.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1365261" timestamp="1358650512"]
Or it could be that they are actually the 3rd best team in that district....
[/quote]

We will know for sure when the district play is completed and , if not then, for sure if and when the district members are eliminated in the playoffs

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1365160" timestamp="1358623545"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108406.msg1365132#msg1365132 date=1358618343]
Nothing is really wrong with the Bulldogs. They are simply just the third best team in 20-4A. It's actually quite obvious.
[/quote] Ouch! :o :o
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="Baller 93" post="1365240" timestamp="1358644148"]
I know this group of kids and they don't seem to be playing with the fire and teamwork like n the past. Don't get me wrong Ozen and Central are talented but I expected [b]Nederland to at least battle at home [/b]and not go into the half down by double digits both times. That's just not what they have shown n the past.
[/quote]

We fought back against Central and was with them till mid 4th when we just couldn't hit, and Cent couldn't miss.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1365287" timestamp="1358655790"]
As the great Jack Nicholson wants said ---- You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. I will post on this subject later. I am still trying to shorten my list of problems so I don't offend all the homers  :'(
[/quote]
Just curious...are you a Ned fan or just a Ned football fan  ::)

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1365287" timestamp="1358655790"]
As the great Jack Nicholson wants said ---- You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. I will post on this subject later. I am still trying to shorten my list of problems so I don't offend all the homers  :'(
[/quote] I can't wait to see your list.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Nederland.  There are some small things that Nederland can improve on but sometimes the shots fall for you and sometimes they don't.  Look at Ozen for example. They almost lost to PNG because they couldn't get there shots to go down.  There is a lot of basketball left. Anything could happen!

Also IMO, the BMT schools should be the top runners in the district in all three sports. Football, Basketball, Baseball.  You have 100K + to choose from with a open enrollment with a 5A school already in the area vs the rest of the district with 16k that have 1 school. I think Ozen and Central should be playing 5A. IMO, i think if you have a area with 5A numbers and a open enrollment, you should be playing 5A. Or close the open enrollment and make them go to the school in there living zone. I bet there are some 7 graders and 8th graders right now playing together from different zones in BMT debating on what school they should all go to when they get to high school. Other schools in the district don't have this luxury.

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1365344" timestamp="1358706957"]
I don't think there is anything wrong with Nederland.  There are some small things that Nederland can improve on but sometimes the shots fall for you and sometimes they don't.  Look at Ozen for example. They almost lost to PNG because they couldn't get there shots to go down.  There is a lot of basketball left. Anything could happen!

Also IMO, the BMT schools should be the top runners in the district in all three sports. Football, Basketball, Baseball.  You have 100K + to choose from with a open enrollment with a 5A school already in the area vs the rest of the district with 16k that have 1 school. I think Ozen and Central should be playing 5A. IMO, i think if you have a area with 5A numbers and a open enrollment, you should be playing 5A. Or close the open enrollment and make them go to the school in there living zone. I bet there are some 7 graders and 8th graders right now playing together from different zones in BMT debating on what school they should all go to when they get to high school. Other schools in the district don't have this luxury.
[/quote]
Ozen is one of the smallest schools in 20-4a according to enrollment numbers. Nederland is one of the larger schools in the district. This post is meaningless!

[/quote]
Well said.  +1

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1365345" timestamp="1358707223"]
[quote author=BIG SHOW link=topic=108406.msg1365344#msg1365344 date=1358706957]

[/quote]
Ozen is one of the smallest schools in 20-4a according to enrollment numbers. Nederland is one of the larger schools in the district. This post is meaningless!
[/quote]
You need to reread Big Show's post. Obviously you didn't understand it

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1365345" timestamp="1358707223"]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I am willing to bet that Ozen has kids right now "if you went by zone"  from Central and WB living zone areas. Who knows maybe even some Fannett boys. Right Dove? LOL 

[/quote]Using your example, Worthing High , Davis, Sterling, YEP, etc all should have good basketball programs in Houston because of the population advantage, but they don't.  #2, there isn't a school in this area who can compete in 5-A playoffs against Houston schools. But 4-A is wide open- no dominant teams.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1365388" timestamp="1358719309"]

[/quote]Using your example, Worthing High , Davis, Sterling, YEP, etc all should have good basketball programs in Houston because of the population advantage, but they don't.  #2, there isn't a school in this area who can compete in 5-A playoffs against Houston schools. But 4-A is wide open- no dominant teams.
[/quote]
Do those schools have open enrollment? Sure there is! Ozen and Central would compete just fine in 5-A.  If i am not mistaking but Ozen has won some state titles in 4-A already in there short school history.  I know it will never happen but i think both schools belong in 5-A.

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1365395" timestamp="1358720854"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108406.msg1365388#msg1365388 date=1358719309]

[/quote]
Do those schools have open enrollment? Sure there is! Ozen and Central would compete just fine in 5-A.  If i am not mistaking but Ozen has won some state titles in 4-A already in there short school history.  I know it will never happen but i think both schools belong in 5-A.
[/quote]
So you want Ozen with its 1200 students and Central with its 1600 students to compete 5A? Your whole thought pattern is flawed. Once again meaningless...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami