Silsbee vs. Nederland

Who Wins??  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins??

• Nederland
    • Silsbee

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1354336" timestamp="1355409653"]
Nederland seems they have overcome problems.  They had problems with pressing teams (H-J).  They had problems with bigger teams (Central ). Since those loses, they have key wins vs those teams.  Also, take into account that Nederland has already beaten Silsbee, that will add to the confidence factor.  I know it's Silsbee's first home game of the year. But I dont think they will be rattled.  They've played in a hostile environment (PA) and left with a win.
[/quote]sO, who do you think will win?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on which Nederland team shows up. If the Ned team who played against WB (2nd time), CE King, and St. Pious shows up, then Ned wins Friday. If the Ned team shows up like they did against HJ, The Village, and PAM, then Silsbee wins.

Ned has been Jeckyl and Hyde this year. Their have great potential, but don't always play up to it. Either way, it should be a good one.
Go Dawgs!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1354336" timestamp="1355409653"]
Nederland seems they have overcome problems.  They had problems with pressing teams (H-J).  They had problems with bigger teams (Central ). Since those loses, they have key wins vs those teams.  Also, take into account that Nederland has already beaten Silsbee, that will add to the confidence factor.  I know it's Silsbee's first home game of the year. But I dont think they will be rattled.  They've played in a hostile environment (PA) and left with a win.
[/quote]
Memorial Guards are not like Silsbee guards !!! Don't 4get, Silsbee did
Manhandle Memorial a couple weeks ago... It's going to be a great game
but Silsbee by 10 at least ....

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1354348" timestamp="1355413014"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107409.msg1354336#msg1354336 date=1355409653]
[/quote]
[/quote]I agree, I think the guards will dictate this game. Nederland *fades* into the sunset

[color=yellow][size=18pt]20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/size][/color]

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1354347" timestamp="1355412771"]
Depends on which Nederland team shows up. If the Ned team who played against WB (2nd time), CE King, and St. Pious shows up, then Ned wins Friday. If the Ned team shows up like they did against HJ, The Village, and PAM, then Silsbee wins.

Ned has been Jeckyl and Hyde this year. Their have great potential, but don't always play up to it. Either way, it should be a good one.
Go Dawgs!
[/quote]
What you mean which Nederland Team shows up, lol !!! Every team is one
team, all depends on there competition and if they can handle the other
teams pressure . You talking like if your favorite Nederland team shows up,
they can win every game. Lol

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1354364" timestamp="1355414887"]
keep underestimating them, they have improved each week and are really coming together now that they will have the other players back....you will feel the bite soon grasshopper... ;D

GO BULLDOGS!!!!
[/quote]LOL!!!! Da Dogs will [s]bark[/s] purr again .

[color=yellow]20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/color]

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1354348" timestamp="1355413014"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107409.msg1354336#msg1354336 date=1355409653]
[/quote]
[/quote] That Memorial guard Lott is a handful and is probably better than any of the Silsbee guards.  But, it's not about individual talent.  Silsbee may have the better overall team...  Vs. Memorial.

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1354353" timestamp="1355413750"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=107409.msg1354347#msg1354347 date=1355412771]

Go Dawgs!
[/quote]
What you mean which Nederland Team shows up, lol !!! Every team is one
team, all depends on there competition and if they can handle the other
teams pressure . You talking like if your favorite Nederland team shows up,
they can win every game. Lol
[/quote]Anyone who has followed them all season feels the same. Do you not feel the same about Silsbee? Silsbee has been inconsistent this year too. I realize it's bc of missing FB players, but you think bc they had one good game since they have returned that they will beat Ned by 10? Apparently you think highly of your team like I do mine, and that's ok. ;)
The difference is: I respect your team.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1354374" timestamp="1355415992"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=107409.msg1354348#msg1354348 date=1355413014]
[/quote]
[/quote] That Memorial guard Lott is a handful and is probably better than any of the Silsbee guards.  But, it's not about individual talent.  [b]Silsbee may have the better overall team...  Vs. Memorial.[/b]
[/quote]

Well, Silsbee did beat PAM in the YMBL without their football players. ;)

I don't think we have come even close to seeing the best of this Silsbee team yet.

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1354364" timestamp="1355414887"]
keep underestimating them, they have improved each week and are really coming together now that they will have the other players back....you will feel the bite soon grasshopper... ;D

GO BULLDOGS!!!!
[/quote]

Tell em Dogs-  Actually, in my experience, there is nothing better than to be continually told by the "experts" why your team is insufficient in so many areas and why they are going to lose.  It makes those "unexpected victories" so much more rewarding.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1354391" timestamp="1355417277"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=107409.msg1354364#msg1354364 date=1355414887]

GO BULLDOGS!!!!
[/quote]

Tell em Dogs-  Actually, in my experience, there is nothing better than to be continually told by the "experts" why your team is insufficient in so many areas and why they are going to lose.  It makes those "unexpected victories" so much more rewarding.
[/quote] I think the experts should be those who play tougher schedules

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1354401" timestamp="1355418019"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107409.msg1354391#msg1354391 date=1355417277]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=107409.msg1354364#msg1354364 date=1355414887]

GO BULLDOGS!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote] I think the experts should be those who play tougher schedules
[/quote]

Ok, Dove- have it your way.  Just wondering who will be the "experts" from among your requirements?  Will it be the players who played the tougher schedule, or will it be the coaches of the players who played the tougher schedule, or will it be the parents of the players who played the tougher schedule, or will it be the fans of the players who played the tougher schedule?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1354405" timestamp="1355418120"]
And we can all agree Nederland and Silsbee don't run from competition ;)
[/quote]

I agree.  Please define "running from competition" for me.  After you define that, tell me does mean that those who "run from competition" should be banned from competing for a district, regional, or state championship?  And one more thing.  Just who is going to define/evaluate what constitutes "competition"?

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1354433" timestamp="1355421304"]
I originally predicted a 15+ win for Silsbee. However, with the news that will be coming out of Ned's camp late today the team will be down and this game may get way out of hand. Stay tuned for more details.  :-X
[/quote]
The news im hearing wont get the team down at all..... not that big of a deal.......

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1354483" timestamp="1355428807"]
You are so right Dogfan. None of those boys had any basketball skills to help the team anyway according to some. I personally just don't understand why your best player, his dad and the head coach were so upset this am. Go figure.
[/quote]
This has nothing to do with skills..... this team has been very successful without them and will continue to do so... and im sure they were really upset.......... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder