Whistle saves West Brook in win against Ozen

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1349693" timestamp="1354724230"]
I think they need to do review of these officials in the Beaumont chapter
[/quote]Reminds me of that basketball commercial where kid lost the ball and the ref awards him with the ball back. The kid tells his coach, " I touched it coach."

Kinda like the whistle. I need to see a replay. ;)

Never mind that . . . "Ozen came up with a steal 30 seconds later, [u][b]but it missed its final nine shots as West Brook won 52-46[/b][/u]."  Sounds like Ozen didn't take care of their business and this loss had nothing to do with an alleged curious whistle, regardless of what this sportswriter thinks.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Whistle-saves-West-Brook-in-win-against-Ozen-4091659.php#ixzz2ECDzNZtn

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
The officiating in Beaumont has become tainted by some officials dislike for certain players,coaches and or schools. You can pretend like they don't have a personal vendetta against some schools but it's too obvious. The YMBL was a perfect example....maybe they need to be retrained because this is notmthe 80's or 90's...Ask those Houston schools will they come back to the ymbl tournament...Call it by the book not how YOU feel about it...

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1349719" timestamp="1354726261"]
The officiating in Beaumont has become tainted by some officials dislike for certain players,coaches and or schools. You can pretend like they don't have a personal vendetta against some schools but it's too obvious. The YMBL was a perfect example....maybe they need to be retrained because this is notmthe 80's or 90's...Ask those Houston schools will they come back to the ymbl tournament...Call it by the book not how YOU feel about it...
[/quote]

If you sincerely believe that, then report it to the local chapter.  They evaluate the performance of the officials in most of their games.  The officials are graded and have a standing in the chapter roster.  If your grade goes south then you get to go do the lesser games of the evening.  I've noticed that since you have come on the site that you have no problem shooting your mouth off.  Here's a chance for you to do something constructive - are you up to it? 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1349739" timestamp="1354728148"]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=107167.msg1349719#msg1349719 date=1354726261]
[/quote]

If you sincerely believe that, then report it to the local chapter.  [b]They evaluate the performance of the officials in most of their games.[/b]  The officials are graded and have a standing in the chapter roster.  If your grade goes south then you get to go do the lesser games of the evening.  I've noticed that since you have come on the site that you have no problem shooting your mouth off.  Here's a chance for you to do something constructive - are you up to it? 8)
[/quote]
It depends on who is doing the evaluating. I was at a game recently when an evaluation was being done. I know this because he had a notepad and pencil in his hand and me being the nosey person that I am asked him what he was doing. Needless to say the evaluator made more comments to people sitting around him than he wrote down on paper. After the game I saw him laughing and talking to the refs he was so critical of 30 minutes before. The only way to take a ref out of the game is to blow the opposing team out of the water early on and continually through out the game. I will say that the YMBL and last night are ranked with some of the worse called games I've seen but I guess that's why I am a fan in the stands and not a ref on the court. It's sad that the kids have to suffer because some adults dont know how to be adults. I cringe often when I hear that whistle blow alerting the players the refs are now physically in the building.  ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1349761" timestamp="1354729785"]
[quote author=ballin4life link=topic=107167.msg1349740#msg1349740 date=1354728197]
Wow, i thought its was just us.... not taking anything from Central but the refs was pitiful
[/quote] What does Central have to do with this thread?
[/quote]
Talking about the refs. IMO they were bias in games Central played in throughout the YMBL.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
USedtobe...are you a ref?...cause you sound a lil sensitive...I'm just like anyone else on this site just voicing an OPINION...I'm new to this but NOT FOR YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE WILL I BITE MY TONGUE... I don't have a kid playing in high school. But these same refs have officiated some recreational games that I've played in and lets say they couldn't get calls in there right..So yes I'm familiar with them..they take EVERYTHING PERSONAL and they ref on feelings...But thanks for the advice...and as for me shooting off at the mouth I'm not begging u to agree with anything I write..I'll say whatever I need to say at whatever time in a respectful way hopefully because I don't spare adult feelings....

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1349797" timestamp="1354733814"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107167.msg1349761#msg1349761 date=1354729785]
[quote author=ballin4life link=topic=107167.msg1349740#msg1349740 date=1354728197]
Wow, i thought its was just us.... not taking anything from Central but the refs was pitiful
[/quote] What does Central have to do with this thread?
[/quote]
Talking about the refs. IMO they were bias in games Central played in throughout the YMBL.
[/quote]  Couldn't have been too biased or we would have beaten Madison in the championships.  I think it was a matter of opinion. 

Now that I'm thinking about it, there was ONE call.... A free throw situation where AAW and I both agreed that they messed up.

[quote name="funkymonkey" post="1349714" timestamp="1354725524"]
Never mind that . . . "Ozen came up with a steal 30 seconds later, [u][b]but it missed its final nine shots as West Brook won 52-46[/b][/u]."  Sounds like Ozen didn't take care of their business and this loss had nothing to do with an alleged curious whistle, regardless of what this sportswriter thinks.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Whistle-saves-West-Brook-in-win-against-Ozen-4091659.php#ixzz2ECDzNZtn
[/quote]

Exactly!!! One whistle didn't lose the game for Ozen. How about missing their final 9 shots.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="freeze 1914" post="1349828" timestamp="1354736815"]
[quote author=funkymonkey link=topic=107167.msg1349714#msg1349714 date=1354725524]

Read more:http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Whistle-saves-West-Brook-in-win-against-Ozen-4091659.php#ixzz2ECDzNZtn
[/quote]

Exactly!!! One whistle didn't lose the game for Ozen. How about missing their final 9 shots.

[/quote]

Unless u were there and saw for yourself then u have to reserve your comment..in the those final 9 shots there were fouls on at least 6 of  them...the other 3 were just throw ups...

I was there, and the Refs were horrible, one of the head refs I thought at one time, was particularly bad. central did miss key shot, but they were fouled, and did not get the calls.  And WB got a lot of calls.    But, I thought this was a sloppy game for both teams.    Simon did better at keeping his key players on the court.  I thought #30. For Ozen was killing WB inside,and he got pulled and sat for way to long IMO.    Lots of work to be done on both teams.  Lil Doves looked good, quick, good D,  nice shots. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83