3A D-I Region 3 championship: Carthage (10-2) vs. Silsbee (10-2), 7:30pm Friday,

Who will win?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Silsbee
    • Carthage

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two teams pretty much mirror each other this year. Both lost their first game of the year in which they should have easly won. Both have an offense that can score some points. Both have a defence that gets after the ball. Both teams did what they need to do to get to this game. Carthage has a little more team size and Silsbee has a little more team speed. Carthage is more use to going this far in the playoff and this is Silsbee's first time to be this far since 1998. This game has got to be one of the better match ups this weekend. It is really building up to be a good game. Safe travles to all. Oh and for my pick, well I'm a homer and going with Silsbee to win. Go Tigers!!!

Guest GeauxDawgs
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1344874" timestamp="1354243814"]
I have seen some highlights from Carthage. Their QB is solid if he has ALL DAY to pass to #5, #1, & #25. If Silsbee can wrap up on their tackles and force that QB out of the pocket under pressure. I like our chances!
[/quote]

All juniors! So either way, win or lose looks good for next year! Truly a great group of kids Surratt has returning, but looking at Silsbee's starters it looks like y'all will have a good many returning also. Best of luck to both teams, safe travels to & from the game, & may we have an injury free game.

And to the LSU fan... If you are at the game keep a close eye on our kicker/punter you might be cheering for him in a year or so...

[quote name="CLASSof2010" post="1344808" timestamp="1354237536"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106679.msg1344789#msg1344789 date=1354236488]
[quote author=CLASSof2010 link=topic=106679.msg1344764#msg1344764 date=1354234092]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=106679.msg1344685#msg1344685 date=1354226425]
Carthage people are cocky! I guess those 3 state championships will make you that way! Let's go send them back to off season Tigers! Let's play our best game of the season Tigers!
Silsbee wins this 39-34! wasn't Carthage favored the last time these teams played?
[/quote]

Lmao, no. Y'all have basically given Carthage no credit whatsoever. Acting like we may as well not even show up. So yeah, we're gonna make our way on this message board and talk back. But don't ever think that Carthage isn't ready, or is looking past you. Coach Surratt and co will have them ready. And yeah, 3 state championships would make fans a little cocky.

They were favored when? Didn't they play in like 99 or something? Wayyyyy different. So what's your point?

I hope the Bulldogs win. [b]And if [/b] we play to our potential, we should.
[/quote]I've read a lot if's from the Carthage fans, what's up with that? Don't come into the game with excuses, at this point if you have excuses, you don't deserve to be here playing at this round.
[/quote]

We weren't favored to win over Brownwood when shipley was there, or against Graham when they had McCoy. We haven't always been favorites either.

Well, I myself am not a Coach, or player. So what I say or do doesn't effect the team.

And no where in that comment did I make an excuse, I said if we play like I know we can, we will win. That's not an excuse. It's a fact. But Carthage deserves to be in this round of the playoffs just as much as anyone else.
[/quote]My point is that when you get to Region, the Best team plays to it's potential, the Best team does not make mistakes that cost them the game, the Best team makes that one play that wins the game. And the fact is: the Best team will win regardless of who it is, and the losing team has no right to take that honor away by saying[b] if we had or could have[/b], we would have won. The 1st or 2nd round depending on who you are playing, you can get away with having more talent to cover mistakes made, but at this level you can't get away with not playing to your potential. Good luck to both teams tonight, but the best team will win. ;D   

Tigernation will converge on Abe Martin Stadium and render a sea of Maroon and White. The Tiger hopes of a State Semi-final round next week start at 7:30 tonight. The object in the way are Bulldogs, short, stumpy, flat faced creatures. Oh, they have had some succes in the past, three state titles in three years a couple years ago. But this is now, this is here, not the past. This is the present. Game time is fast approching. Will the Tigers maul the Bulldogs are will the short creature trip the Tigers hopes up. In the words of a great reciever (and greatly hated) "Get your popcorn ready" its about to be showtime. Go Tigers!!!

[quote name="STiger85" post="1345098" timestamp="1354291308"]
Tigernation will converge on Abe Martin Stadium and render a sea of Maroon and White. The Tiger hopes of a State Semi-final round next week start at 7:30 tonight. The object in the way are Bulldogs, short, stumpy, flat faced creatures. Oh, they have had some succes in the past, three state titles in three years a couple years ago. But this is now, this is here, not the past. This is the present. Game time is fast approching. Will the Tigers maul the Bulldogs are will the short creature trip the Tigers hopes up. In the words of a great reciever (and greatly hated) "Get your popcorn ready" its about to be showtime. Go Tigers!!!
[/quote] ;D Thats funny man  ;D  Good post

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1345113" timestamp="1354292386"]
Tigers it's your time to shine tonight!  Dont let Carthage trip you on your way to the promise land at Jerry's World! Hit them hard and play turnover free ball and you will be just fine.
[/quote] Yes Come on Tigers you can do this I know you can . Good luck Guys

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1344874" timestamp="1354243814"]

All juniors! So either way, win or lose looks good for next year! Truly a great group of kids Surratt has returning, but looking at Silsbee's starters it looks like y'all will have a good many returning also. Best of luck to both teams, safe travels to & from the game, & may we have an injury free game.

[/quote]

With all of the juniors who will be playing in tonight's game (10 of 11 offensive starters for the Dawgs, star QB & hoss NG for the Tigers), we could well be seeing the same two teams going up against each other the same time next year.

[quote name="Bev" post="1345125" timestamp="1354294231"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=106679.msg1344874#msg1344874 date=1354243814]

[/quote]

With all of the juniors who will be playing in tonight's game (10 of 11 offensive starters for the Dawgs, star QB & hoss NG for the Tigers), we could well be seeing the same two teams going up against each other the same time next year.
[/quote]You could be correct.  I hope so.

[quote name="STiger85" post="1344864" timestamp="1354243045"]
These two teams pretty much mirror each other this year. Both lost their first game of the year in which they should have easly won. Both have an offense that can score some points. Both have a defence that gets after the ball. Both teams did what they need to do to get to this game. Carthage has a little more team size and Silsbee has a little more team speed. Carthage is more use to going this far in the playoff and this is Silsbee's first time to be this far since 1998. This game has got to be one of the better match ups this weekend. It is really building up to be a good game. Safe travles to all. Oh and for my pick, well I'm a homer and going with Silsbee to win. Go Tigers!!!
[/quote]

You know your football team isn't very good when you have only your softball team in your signature! Good luck Silisbee, your gonna need alot of it if you want to win! :)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Adrenaline" post="1345147" timestamp="1354296357"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=106679.msg1344864#msg1344864 date=1354243045]
[/quote]

You know your football team isn't very good when you have only your softball team in your signature! Good luck Silisbee, your gonna need alot of it if you want to win! :)
[/quote]

Wow!!
I guess the puppies will find out tonight, how good Silsbee is.
Silsbee is not a 1 sport school, hence the different signatures by fans ::) ::)

[quote name="Adrenaline" post="1345147" timestamp="1354296357"]
[/quote]

[/quote]I Know the Tigers did not get where they are now by luck. And if they win this game it will not be by luck.  Luck does not get you to the regional championship. They are getting into this game the very same way Carthage did And thats from being a good football team. I would guess that your not one of the team. But if you are .  Keep on thinking like you are and you will be very disappointed When the game is over. ;)

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1345148" timestamp="1354296888"]
[quote author=Adrenaline link=topic=106679.msg1345147#msg1345147 date=1354296357]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow!!
I guess the puppies will find out tonight, how good Silsbee is.
Silsbee is not a 1 sport school, hence the different signatures by fans ::) ::)
[/quote]

If you're implying Carthage is a one sport school you're wrong. In 2009 we won a championship in both baseball and football. Also, we won state that year in Journalism and TSA. We were pretty busy that year.

[quote name="STiger85" post="1344864" timestamp="1354243045"]

...Silsbee is not a 1 sport school, hence the different signatures by fans ::) ::)
[/quote]

Surely you're no implying that Carthage High is a 1 sport school given their 3 state baseball championships.  They also finished as the state runner-up the year Philip Humber was a senior.  Wasn't his perfect game for the White Sox this past season something?

CORRECTION: The quote I'm responding to was from Farmer Fran

[quote name="Bev" post="1345162" timestamp="1354297656"]

...Silsbee is not a 1 sport school, hence the different signatures by fans ::) ::)
[/quote]

Surely you're no implying that Carthage High is a 1 sport school given their 3 state baseball championships.  They also finished as the state runner-up the year Philip Humber was a senior.  Wasn't his perfect game this past season something?
[/quote] No I do not think he is doing that . He is responding to the Bulldog Fan that was saying that about Silsbee .  So now that your finding out that it was your side saying that about our side. What would your comment be to that?  Just wondering .

[quote name="rawrpower" post="1345156" timestamp="1354297386"]
Silsbee goes to playoffs in multiple sports. We aren't a one sport school by any means . After football ends we will be making out playoff run in basketball.
[/quote]

What's the farthest Silisbee has gone in football playoffs anyways?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder