VIDOR!!!

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1334485" timestamp="1353137179"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106388.msg1334476#msg1334476 date=1353136837]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106388.msg1334471#msg1334471 date=1353136737]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106388.msg1334465#msg1334465 date=1353136574]
Oh Lawd, I couldn't find that ball tonight! I must say the #23 is good...he was packing some of our LBs down the field with him. Well congrats on a great season, and tell you players that are not in Basketball, that the Off season is where it starts.....
[/quote]Montana is a beast, best overall football player in SETX IMO.

Good luck versus G'Town next week.  8)
[/quote]

Thanks, and yes he is a beast. Is he a senior? If so, what college will he sign with?
[/quote]
he is a senoir and he is going on a mission for a year and will likely play at BYU
[/quote]

Awesome! Just hearing he's going on a mission sent chills!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1334071" timestamp="1353126521"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=106388.msg1333978#msg1333978 date=1353124771]
But still, delete the persons post, stop acting like you're all powerfull and allmighty thread locker, LOL
[/quote]

Hey, it wasn't just "one" person.  Several folks were acting a fool on a thread that was put up BY ME for the sole purpose of providing our viewing members updates.  All y'all did was complain about the announcers, accuse Summer Creek of being a 5A team in drag and a number of other transgressions.

This is the FIRST time I have had to lock a game update thread in the middle of the game.  I hope you are all proud of yourselves.
[/quote]

So, it was solely Vidorians that caused the thread to be locked Chad, is that what you are saying?

[quote name="robanadana" post="1334512" timestamp="1353139051"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=106388.msg1334071#msg1334071 date=1353126521]
But still, delete the persons post, stop acting like you're all powerfull and allmighty thread locker, LOL
[/quote]

Hey, it wasn't just "one" person.  Several folks were acting a fool on a thread that was put up BY ME for the sole purpose of providing our viewing members updates.  All y'all did was complain about the announcers, accuse Summer Creek of being a 5A team in drag and a number of other transgressions.

This is the FIRST time I have had to lock a game update thread in the middle of the game.  I hope you are all proud of yourselves.
[/quote]

So, it was solely Vidorians that caused the thread to be locked Chad, is that what you are saying?
[/quote]

Solely?  Absolutely not.  In fact the post which prompted the locking of that thread came from a Crosby poster who use inappropriate racial language.  I would, hoever, note that his remarks were directed at a Vidorian who told the world that he "had his sour pucker." I don't recall the name of that Vidorian, but I remember it being someone close to you.

Truth is that there were many transgressions on the thread by many different camps.  It is just that the Vidor camp seems to be the only one who claims clean hands.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1334529" timestamp="1353148976"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=106388.msg1334512#msg1334512 date=1353139051]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I Second that.... ;) :D

[/quote]

Solely?  Absolutely not.  In fact the post which prompted the locking of that thread came from a Crosby poster who use inappropriate racial language.  I would, hoever, note that his remarks were directed at a Vidorian who told the world that he "had his sour pucker." I don't recall the name of that Vidorian, but I remember it being someone close to you.

Truth is that there were many transgressions on the thread by many different camps.  It is just that the Vidor camp seems to be the only one who claims clean hands.
[/quote]

First of all congrats to Vidor on another great season. Bad luck on the first round draw. SC is very well coached and talented team.

Second of all, I apologize for any distractions I may have caused on the game update thread. I admit to getting into a side conversation (3 or 4 posts) that was not directly related to the game. It was a civil conversation btw, about enrollment.  :) I also made a comment about the hollering fan/radio announcer. Sorry but that guy was bad.

Anyway, I didn't realize that there was a policy (which I have read now) about game/update threads. I have been on here for about 5 years and never knew that. After reading that policy, I realize that I have broken said policy on just about every game thread I have ever posted on. I don't believe I was in anyway even partially responsible for getting the thread locked, but I did make a few comments that didn't pertain, so maybe I was. That's all I have to say about that.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1334554" timestamp="1353154787"]
First of all congrats to Vidor on another great season. Bad luck on the first round draw. SC is very well coached and talented team.

Second of all, I apologize for any distractions I may have caused on the game update thread. I admit to getting into a side conversation (3 or 4 posts) that was not directly related to the game. It was a civil conversation btw, about enrollment.  :) I also made a comment about the hollering fan/radio announcer. Sorry but that guy was bad.

Anyway, I didn't realize that there was a policy (which I have read now) about game/update threads. I have been on here for about 5 years and never knew that. After reading that policy, I realize that I have broken said policy on just about every game thread I have ever posted on. I don't believe I was in anyway even partially responsible for getting the thread locked, but I did make a few comments that didn't pertain, so maybe I was. That's all I have to say about that.
[/quote]
Lmao!!!!!!!! Exactly my thought hawkeye.

[quote author=robanadana link=topic=106388.msg1334512#msg1334512 date=1353139051]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I apologize publicly for the comeback. I won't apologize for defending Vidor and my fellow Pirates, WOS, period. When I think someone is being biased or attacking my city or kids, get ready for it. Follow the thread and you'll find nine times out of ten it wasn't a Vidorian who started it. Since we're the whipping boy in this area, we just usually get the brunt of it. I could be a choir boy and sing Kumbahyah and it would change that and you all know it.

The Twins, son in law and I will be in  attendance! I think the twins will be a little sore today after last night but like I told em last night.... Great season... but now have to shift into POWER LIFTING MODE!!!! starts the Monday after Thanksgiving...

CONGRATS PIRATES ON A GREAT SEASON!!!! LOVED IT!

C'Mon BULLDOGS TIME TO GET IT DONE!!!

Just want to congratulate the Vidor Pirates! Those boys have made a mark on the map for the Vidor community. Two back to back playoff appearances the last two years in a row is something to be very proud of. Jeff Matthews has done a great job getting these boys to be part of a program that nobody in 20-4a ( or other districts) are looking past anymore.

Although throughout the year, there is smack talk with many of the district opponents; I would like to think that all of us can stand together and celebrate the accomplishments of these HIGH SCHOOL AGED young men. We need to all remember - these are kids who are giving it the best they can and sacrificing a lot of blood, sweat and tears week end and week out. Meeting a tough, large team that is hitting on all cyllendars in the first round and leaving it all on the field, is something that should be celebrated.  I think we will be seeing Vidor in the playoffs for many years to come. These guys and their fans have a taste of what it feels like to be in the top tier of 20-4A and I suspect they will be coming out each year with high expectations.

Congratulations Vidor!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Twas. me. I admit it. I've also already apologized.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Please stop calling folks' anonymous posts "transgressions." They are opinions for crying out loud. The purpose of a site like this is to allow people to read and respond to others opinions. When people get vulgar and tasteless, delete their posts, but don't whine about it. Dry up.

Glad I missed all the excitement.

I just want to give a BIG shout out to Vidor. You have a fantastic team that played hard all year. The community support in Vidor is absolutely amazing from the High School level all the way down to the Youth Football level. I've never seen a town so supportive and joined as a community. I have friends there although I do not live there and Vidor is on the top of my list to root for. GREAT SEASON and there will be many more to come. You have a fan in me.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder