1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1328482" timestamp="1352754438"]
3 down lineman and 2 Lbs upright on the ends. Sounds like five OTLS to me. You are leaving the middle open and their talent is trying to react to the ball. Those inside LBs will be out of position early. They will make adjustments cause their going to have trouble finding the ball. Again we will see how they are coached and how willing they are to stick to the program. Long drives and a running clock will keep Vidor in it, but it will be tough. As I said earlier SC is for real and should win out in the end. One thing is for sure -- I do not see a similar score to Dayton/SC. I have had many people tell me Dayton laid down early, Vidor on the other hand won't.
[/quote]Dayton definitely threw in the towel but that doesn't mean if they didn't it would have made a difference. SC gets major interior push so they'll walk those lbs down to control the edges. Vidor's linemen won't get to the second level often and you can forget running outside. SC's linebackers and bigger and faster than the Vidor backs and I'm sure Moore is going to be tired of getting hit at or just beyond the line of scrimmage, much like BH's 230 lb O'Neal. If Vidor is down 24-0 at halftime and has about 25 total yards like Dayton I think the Pirates are in for a character check. Crosby never layed down because we were moving the ball up and down the field and had hope, just couldn't stay out of our own way. BH couldn't move it but SC was misfiring and didn't run away. This is basically an SC home game so we'll see if the Black Pearl can sail their show on the road. . . . . . last time I checked there wasn't a current on I-10 though.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1328496" timestamp="1352755395"]
I'd like a Vidor T-Shirt next --> "Made The Pirates eat their booty"
[IMG]http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q560/ecljdl/C57C48B7-B618-4C64-959C-7DF13F5C6E60-38154-00000A94F1B2B974.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That puppy looks like he's full of hot air and and enough steroids to put Roger Clemens to shame. Lmao

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1328485" timestamp="1352754650"]
Sc run defense: 108.2 yards a game
Vidor run defense: 94.7 yards a game

Nuff said.  8)
[/quote]Vidor has those numbers because they limit the opponents possessions. SC has those numbers because their opponents are usually passing the second half because you COULDN'T run. You don't have to worry about SC trying to run it anyway, they could care less about a sweep play. They let Aaron Sharp, Greg Hogan, and Ruffin run the score up, then they give it to Keevon Aldridge to put it on ice. You might not see two run plays in a row in the first half.

[quote name="watsx2" post="1328508" timestamp="1352755951"]
[b][/b]
Summer Creek
Total yards First downs
4431.            173.                 

Vidor
4368.            174                 

Gonna be close!!!
[/quote]

meaningless.... Just gotta line-up and play. It's all about matchups at this point.

[quote name="watsx2" post="1328508" timestamp="1352755951"]
[b][/b]
Summer Creek
Total yards First downs
4431.            173.                 

Vidor
4368.            174                 

Gonna be close!!!
[/quote]Doing it on pretty weak teams though. Haven't beat a team above .500 all year and just gave up 404 passing yards to LCM. Sharp might look like David Klingler back there. Stats say it should be close, but I doubt any Vidor fans will say, "see the stats said it was going to be close and we got blown out." I'm sure they would let me know if it was vice-versa though.

[quote name="understand" post="1328529" timestamp="1352756646"]
Hey PirateGirl4ever if that puppy is full of hotair and steroids then it will be a good game with  vidor
[/quote]

That's kinda been the point the whole time, this isn't going to be a blowout like some SC people think, it will be closer than most people believe........

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1328531" timestamp="1352756756"]
Excellent point Cougar.  Like I said earlier, it's just amazing to see these "good teams" show up with so much hope just to get torched by the SC's offense.  I'm talking about teams like BH & Dayton that are used to winning by 40+ ...getting embarssed.
[/quote]

The deeper you go, obviously the harder it gets.  You'll get tested, trust me....

All I have to say is, that after watching Dayton get annihilated by SC, Vidor had better hang on!  Yeah, these Summer Creek fans are arrogant, BUT the team is big and EXTREMELY physical!  The have a full back that is Lamar Mitchell-esque, if anyone remembers him from Dayton a few years ago.  The guy just ran through tackles and carried several guys before finally being brought down.  These guys have last year's Manvel team beat hands down.  IMO.  Now, with that said, SC fans pull for Dayton and we'll pull for you!  NO SWEEP OF 19-4A!

Good luck Vidor!  You are going to need it!

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1328537" timestamp="1352756992"]
[quote author=understand link=topic=106059.msg1328529#msg1328529 date=1352756646]
Hey PirateGirl4ever if that puppy is full of hotair and steroids then it will be a good game with  vidor
[/quote]

That's kinda been the point the whole time, this isn't going to be a blowout like some SC people think, it will be closer than most people believe........
[/quote]
Ummmmmm,been hearing that all season. ;)

[quote name="bandgeekforlife" post="1328802" timestamp="1352776033"]
All I have to say is, that after watching Dayton get annihilated by SC, Vidor had better hang on!  Yeah, these Summer Creek fans are arrogant, BUT the team is big and EXTREMELY physical!  The have a full back that is Lamar Mitchell-esque, if anyone remembers him from Dayton a few years ago.  The guy just ran through tackles and carried several guys before finally being brought down.  These guys have last year's Manvel team beat hands down.  IMO.  Now, with that said, SC fans pull for Dayton and we'll pull for you!  NO SWEEP OF 19-4A!

Good luck Vidor!  You are going to need it!
[/quote]
We're not arrogant, but we hate to hear what we're not going to do. The dayton donkeys started it and we FINISHED it. Our line can't do this , QB's not gonna have time to sit and throw darts,secondary weak and so on and so on. Best believe if you throw slugs, they're coming rite back at you.  ;)