COLDSPRING AT CLEVELAND BROADCAST/CS wins 37-17!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="CST Football" post="1318300" timestamp="1351925120"]
Now I know why Cleveland is the arm pit of our district not only R they the only stadium U have to wait 20 minutes to get through the metal detector but they also lead our district on channel 2 news for crime. what i saw tonight we will be seeing alot more on channel 2. All cleveland wanted to do and all they got exicted about was cheap shots and taking players out of the game , I think cleveland should move to the TDC district where they belong.
[/quote] Aww, is that the best you have? Your how old?  :)

[quote name="Indians08" post="1318224" timestamp="1351920257"]
Yeah, your probably right, they probably had to work a lot harder beating you guys as bad as they did !!!!!!
[/quote]

They probably had to work longer since our game was actually competitive at the half. Yall didn't even score a TD until the 4th quarter when there was 4 minutes left, CS already had the game won by that point.

[quote name="Indians08" post="1318381" timestamp="1351947480"]
Coldsprings had more personal penalties and penalties for chop blocking , don't cry because our boys played the game as they were suppose too! :) btw, metal detectors are always good for Coldsprings, you apparently don't remember one of [b] there [/b] kids who played basketball season before last bringing a gun and knife to the school.
[/quote]
[quote author=Indians08 link=topic=105602.msg1318384#msg1318384 date=1351947649]
Aww, is that the best you have? [b] Your [/b] how old?  :)
[/quote]

Their  and  you're ...  and the Coldspring education system taught me that. 

Walking through the halls of Coldspring with kids never felt uncomfortable.  Walking through the halls in Cleveland is a different feeling altogother.  The entire atmosphere feels...thicker.

As for the game and the penalties, we all know that just because a penalty call is made doesn't mean the offense happened. And just because there was no penalty call doesn't mean there was no offense.    Coldspring has some very big hearted kids on it's team, they are the first ones to pat the other team on the back for a great play.  But if provoked,  they will not just roll over and take it either. There was plenty of mud slinging from both sides in that game last night. Sadly Coldspring became the officials whipping boy.

[quote name="LuvMyTrojans" post="1318537" timestamp="1351957894"]
[quote author=Indians08 link=topic=105602.msg1318381#msg1318381 date=1351947480]
Coldsprings had more personal penalties and penalties for chop blocking , don't cry because our boys played the game as they were suppose too! :) btw, metal detectors are always good for Coldsprings, you apparently don't remember one of [b] there [/b] kids who played basketball season before last bringing a gun and knife to the school.
[/quote]
[quote author=Indians08 link=topic=105602.msg1318384#msg1318384 date=1351947649]
Aww, is that the best you have? [b] Your [/b] how old?  :)
[/quote]

Their  and  you're ...  and the Coldspring education system taught me that. 

Walking through the halls of Coldspring with kids never felt uncomfortable.  Walking through the halls in Cleveland is a different feeling altogother.  The entire atmosphere feels...thicker.

As for the game and the penalties, we all know that just because a penalty call is made doesn't mean the offense happened. And just because there was no penalty call doesn't mean there was no offense.    Coldspring has some very big hearted kids on it's team, they are the first ones to pat the other team on the back for a great play.  But if provoked,  they will not just roll over and take it either. There was plenty of mud slinging from both sides in that game last night. Sadly Coldspring became the officials whipping boy.
[/quote]Walk threw the halls before you judge them young man, this group of boys have more heart than you really know! And btw, I'm 65 years old, If I miss use a word or use the wrong word, then so be it, you new exactly what I was saying, but being the young immature person you probably are, it seems to make you feel better to criticize ones spelling and kids.

[quote name="Indians08" post="1318951" timestamp="1351986535"]
Walk threw the halls before you judge them young man, this group of boys have more heart than you really know! And btw, I'm 65 years old, If I miss use a word or use the wrong word, then so be it, you new exactly what I was saying, but being the young immature person you probably are, it seems to make you feel better to criticize ones spelling and kids.
[/quote]

I [b]have[/b] walked through the halls in both Cleveland AND Coldspring High Schools.  I gave my opinion on how they felt for me to walk through.  I am not a young man. I am a grown woman who has been teaching kids for more years than I care to admit. 

[quote author=Indians08 link=topic=105602.msg1318381#msg1318381 date=1351947480]
Coldsprings had more personal penalties and penalties for chop blocking , don't cry because our boys played the game as they were suppose too! :)[/quote]

I am not criticizing the kids at all. I'm just saying that one who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.  Saying your boys played as they were supposed to, is one pretty good sized rock.  Both teams made mistakes.  In fact BOTH teams made some HUGE mistakes, just because a penalty wasn't called doesn't mean it didn't happen.

If you look at the play calling second half, Barbay ran the clock out like he does quite often. He had two injuries and chose to play it safe. 95% of plays was in the middle. He knew he had the win. Our chop blocking calls are never intentional, most of the time they are reach blocks that get pushed over another blocker that is cutting or over a blocker knocked to the ground. They are taught to stay with their block until the whistle. Cleveland is different than 30 years ago, usually the kids are a biproduct of the adults. Just look at how many times Cleveland is on the news for scandels or crimes.

[quote name="Touchdown22" post="1319958" timestamp="1352060859"]
If you look at the play calling second half, Barbay ran the clock out like he does quite often. He had two injuries and chose to play it safe. 95% of plays was in the middle. He knew he had the win. Our chop blocking calls are never intentional, most of the time they are reach blocks that get pushed over another blocker that is cutting or over a blocker knocked to the ground. They are taught to stay with their block until the whistle. Cleveland is different than 30 years ago, usually the kids are a biproduct of the adults. Just look at how many times Cleveland is on the news for scandels or crimes.
[/quote]He didnt play it safe enouph!! One of those injuries is a critical part of this team and may be out for the rest of the season.Very unfortunate for the Trojans.I just pray that this young mans injury will not keep him from playing college ball.

Which Cleveland football player was on the news for a scandal or crime? Don't base your opinion of Cleveland kids on something that someone in the past did. I am sure there was a murder of some sort in Houston tonight ... Are all Houston residents murderers? Get over yourself.

As for the injury . . . It most likely occurred during play. It's football, it happens. I hope the young man heals and is able to return.  if he gets the chance to at college ball, I pray he is able.

[quote name="Saw" post="1321340" timestamp="1352174455"]
Which Cleveland football player was on the news for a scandal or crime? Don't base your opinion of Cleveland kids on something that someone in the past did. I am sure there was a murder of some sort in Houston tonight ... Are all Houston residents murderers? Get over yourself.

As for the injury . . . It most likely occurred during play. It's football, it happens. I hope the young man heals and is able to return.  if he gets the chance to at college ball, I pray he is able.
[/quote]

Are you from Cleveland? Thats why they have metal detectors. (Everyone from the district should have metal detectors when Cleveland comes to their campus.) Lets see a quote from the news on just one incident[i],"Those charged included two top athletes at the local high school and adults with criminal records.[/i]". Wasn't the last AD fired or resigned after a fight was caught on video just before the 2010 play-offs and there was a scandel to cover it up? This type of stuff has been happening since I was in school in the '80's. My statement was "usually the kids are a bi-product of the adults" which means just keep watching the news. Hence the recent Wal-mart incident was probally a kid from the Cleveland School or a kid that grew up to be an adult that went to the Cleveland School.

[quote name="Touchdown22" post="1321696" timestamp="1352224729"]
[quote author=Saw link=topic=105602.msg1321340#msg1321340 date=1352174455]

[/quote]

Are you from Cleveland? Thats why they have metal detectors. (Everyone from the district should have metal detectors when Cleveland comes to their campus.) Lets see a quote from the news on just one incident[i],"Those charged included two top athletes at the local high school and adults with criminal records.[/i]". Wasn't the last AD fired or resigned after a fight was caught on video just before the 2010 play-offs and there was a scandel to cover it up? This type of stuff has been happening since I was in school in the '80's. My statement was "usually the kids are a bi-product of the adults" which means just keep watching the news. Hence the recent Wal-mart incident was probally a kid from the Cleveland School or a kid that grew up to be an adult that went to the Cleveland School.
[/quote]

Are you done running down the entire town and school over the actions of a few, I'm from Cleveland and I'll tell you first hand that the good people from here do not like the crap that has went on in the last few years either. I will also tell you that you are judging our community and school over the actions of a few idiots that are a complete waste of oxygen. We work hard, teach our children right from wrong just like everyone else does. look at this past game, some of you have highlighted some bad attitudes from a few players, Coldspring also had a few with bad attitudes. I didn't see any comments on Cleveland and Coldsprings players showing good sportsmanship helping each other up off the field, I seen several times after a big play,each team giving the other a tap on the helment or back for making a good play. I seen and heard Coach Maple pull the team into a huddle and tear them up over the actions of a couple during the game. My point is Cleveland has a ton of great role models, coaches, parents and students that are doing the right thing everyday and they don't deserve the remarks being made. As for the metal detectors, they have been in place since the Coldspring/Cleveland basketball game a few years ago and that was a couple of stupid fans, not students. they are for everybodies safety! Do we like them in Cleveland? NO! but I also don't like them at Reliant when i go see the Texans or the airport, but I understand..

No I am not from Cleveland.  Indian Fan, great post.  There are metal detectors just about anywhere this day and time.  Big deal - walk through one.  If you don't have anything to hide then nothing lost, right?  And from what I am told, the incident that happened after the CS/Cleveland basketball game a few years ago was a COLDSPRING kid that opened fire.

Have some things happened in the past at Cleveland?  Yes.  Have things happened in the past at PNG, Huffman, Navasota(had to throw that one in there), Barbers Hill, Nederland, Livingston, and Coldspring - Yes they have.  Kids are kids. 

Quit using the past to put down the kids at Cleveland. Like I said in a previous post - both teams played hard and wanted to win.  Coldspring was the better team.  They won the game.  Congrats to the Trojans.

And to answer Indian Fan - yes I did see the sportsmanship from both sides.  Helped each other up, patted on the back, all of that good stuff.

Coldspring is a pretty good town.  Good people with good morals.  The coaching staff and athletic program is top notch.  I am hoping that everyone out there doesn't judge Coldspring based on some of idiot posters on here representing them.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1321267" timestamp="1352171302"]]He didnt play it safe enouph!! One of those injuries is a critical part of this team and may be out for the rest of the season.Very unfortunate for the Trojans.I just pray that this young mans injury will not keep him from playing college ball.
[/quote]      Fairly sure Sykes was injured in the first half.

[quote name="CST Football" post="1318300" timestamp="1351925120"]
Now I know why Cleveland is the arm pit of our district not only R they the only stadium U have to wait 20 minutes to get through the metal detector but they also lead our district on channel 2 news for crime. what i saw tonight we will be seeing alot more on channel 2. All cleveland wanted to do and all they got exicted about was cheap shots and taking players out of the game , I think cleveland should move to the TDC district where they belong.
[/quote] Hmm, looks like Coldsprings made it in the news media this week, sexual assault on a 14 year old? Might need to clean up your own town before you run someone else's down! :)

[quote name="MEM" post="1322280" timestamp="1352257080"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=105602.msg1321267#msg1321267 date=1352171302]]He didnt play it safe enouph!! One of those injuries is a critical part of this team and may be out for the rest of the season.Very unfortunate for the Trojans.I just pray that this young mans injury will not keep him from playing college ball.
[/quote]      Fairly sure Sykes was injured in the first half.
[/quote]
Sykes And Wilson both key parts to that secondary, Sykes was and ankle I believe?? and Wilson was neck stiffness

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1328587" timestamp="1352760373"]
[quote author=Trojansfan link=topic=105602.msg1328559#msg1328559 date=1352758055]
Any news on if they will be back for the playoff push
[/quote]I heard this weekend that Sykes is out for the rest of the year with a torn acl. Very sad for that young man because he's a senior. I haven't heard anything on Wilson.
[/quote]
wow first ive heard of Sykes if thats the case very unfortanate i pray Gods healing hand be on the young man, Wilson is good to go probably will move wilson from nickle to sykes safety position would be my guess

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder