Nederland            4      0                      Ozen
Vidor                  3      1                      PN-G
Livingston            3      1                      Central
LC-M                    2      2                      Lumberton
Central                  2      2                    @ Livingston
Ozen                    1    3                    @ Nederland
PN-G                    1    3                      @ Vidor
Lumberton              0    4                    @ LC-M

Huge game for Central to keep pace with LC-M.  Ozen & PN-G must win against the top 2 teams in district.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1306289" timestamp="1350831628"]
Are there any "clinch if win" scenarios this week?
[/quote]

Nederland can clinch a playoff berth with a win in one of their last 3 games.  The district title probably won't be decided until the last week. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1306295" timestamp="1350832597"]
Nederland or Vidor won't be losing another district game.  Nederland will win district since their last game is against us on a short week IN Nederland...
[/quote]
Hope you're right as far as the Pirates are concerned, but LCM and Livingston are pretty salty and can't be overlooked. 

[b]Team [/b]                [b]Record[/b]                        [b]Remaining games[/b]

Nederland            4      0                      Ozen, @ Lum, Central
Vidor                  3      1                      PN-G, Liv, @ LC-M
Livingston            3      1                      Central, @ Vidor, PN-G
LC-M                    2      2                      Lumberton, @ Central, Vidor
Central                  2      2                    @ Livingston, LC-M, @ Ned
Ozen                    1    3                    @ Nederland, @ PN-G, Lum
PN-G                    1    3                      @ Vidor, Ozen, @ Liv
Lumberton              0    4                    @ LC-M, Ned, @ Ozen

Who gets in?  LC-M seems to have the easiest path.  Central vs. LC-M could be for a playoff berth in 2 weeks, but they both need to win this week first.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1306310" timestamp="1350833814"]
[b]Team [/b]                [b]Record[/b]                        [b]Remaining games[/b]

LC-M                    2      2                      Lumberton, @ Central, Vidor

Who gets in?  LC-M seems to have the easiest path.  Central vs. LC-M could be for a playoff berth in 2 weeks, but they both need to win this week first.
[/quote]

Nederland            7      0                      Ozen(W), @ Lum(W), Central(W)
Vidor                  6      1                      PN-G(W), Liv(W), @ LC-M(W)
Livingston            5      2                      Central(W), @ Vidor(L), PN-G(W)
LC-M                    4      3                      Lumberton(W), @ Central(W), Vidor(L)
Central                  2      5                    @ Livingston(L), LC-M(L), @ Ned(L)
Ozen                    3    4                    @ Nederland(L), @ PN-G(L), Lum(W)
PN-G                    2    5                      @ Vidor(L), Ozen(W), @ Liv(L)
Lumberton              0    7                    @ LC-M(L), Ned(L), @ Ozen(L)

This is how I see it ending up

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1306312" timestamp="1350834117"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=104998.msg1306310#msg1306310 date=1350833814]

[/quote]

Nederland            7      0                      Ozen(W), @ Lum(W), Central(W)
Livingston            5      2                      Central(W), @ Vidor(L), PN-G(W)
Central                  3      4                    @ Livingston(L), LC-M[s](L)[/s][b](W)[/b], @ Ned(L)
LC-M                    3      4                      Lumberton(W), @ Central[s](W)[/s][b](L)[/b], Vidor(L)
Ozen                    3    4                    @ Nederland(L), @ PN-G(L), Lum(W)
PN-G                    2    5                      @ Vidor(L), Ozen(W), @ Liv(L)

[/quote]
There i fixed it for you.

[quote name="americasteam88" post="1306329" timestamp="1350835544"]
Who would get in with three teams at 3-4
[/quote]

The scenerio mytwocents just predicted it would come down to point differential between the 3 teams tied since they all beat each other. 

[b]Central[/b]- Ozen(-20)
[b]Ozen[/b]- Central(+20) LC-M(-6)
[b]LC-M[/b]- Ozen(+6)

I believe the district rule is that only 17 points count in the difference no matter how bad you win.  If Central blows out LC-M by more than 17 that would put them at 0.  Ozen gets in the playoffs in that scenario with a +14 point spread.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1306334" timestamp="1350835774"]
It would be a coin toss because ozen beat central but ozen lost to lcm and central beat lcm. and lcm beat ozen but lost to central. So a coin toss.
[/quote]

No coins will be tossed, unless there is a hurricane or some other natural disaster that cancels some games.  Head to head then point differential are the first 2 tie breakers.  Not sure about the 3rd one.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1306337" timestamp="1350836132"]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=104998.msg1306329#msg1306329 date=1350835544]
Who would get in with three teams at 3-4
[/quote]

The scenerio mytwocents just predicted it would come down to point differential between the 3 teams tied since they all beat each other. 

[b]Central[/b]- Ozen(-20)
[b]Ozen[/b]- Central(+20) LC-M(-6)
[b]LC-M[/b]- Ozen(+6)

I believe the district rule is that only 17 points count in the difference no matter how bad you win.  If Central blows out LC-M by more than 17 that would put them at 0.  Ozen gets in the playoffs in that scenario with a +14 point spread.
[/quote]
There you go lol. I don't get the point spread and point differential and everything like that. That's why i'm old school with the good ole fashion coin toss lmao.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1306364" timestamp="1350839393"]
Vidor is in the playoffs with a victory over png for homecoming.
[/quote]

Not necessarily. They can't clinch a playoff berth without help.  There are still ways they could end up in a 3 way tie. 

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1306312" timestamp="1350834117"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=104998.msg1306310#msg1306310 date=1350833814]

[/quote]

LC-M                    4      3                      Lumberton(W), @ Central(W), Vidor(L)
Central                  2      5                    @ Livingston(L), LC-M(L), @ Ned(L)
[b]Ozen                    3    4                    @ Nederland(L), @ PN-G(L), Lum(W)[/b]

[/quote]

I am trying to figure out how you have Ozen finishing 3-4 in district when you have them losing to Ned and PNG. Ozen is currently 1-3 and with your scenario they would finish 2-5.

Nederland, vidor, and Livingston have pretty munched clinched playoff birth. They would all have to lose out to not be able to and that's not going to happen. If LCM can beat central then they will secure the last spot, all ozen can do now is hope they lose to MAYBE get a shot of going but we will all find out in a couple weeks

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1306386" timestamp="1350841532"]
[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=104998.msg1306312#msg1306312 date=1350834117]

[/quote]

[b]Ozen                    3    4                    @ Nederland(L), @ PN-G(L), Lum(W)[/b]

[/quote]

I am trying to figure out how you have Ozen finishing 3-4 in district when you have them losing to Ned and PNG. Ozen is currently 1-3 and with your scenario they would finish 2-5.
[/quote]

Whoops, my bad

[quote name="LCM_fan_48" post="1306399" timestamp="1350843198"]
Nederland, vidor, and Livingston have pretty munched clinched playoff birth. They would all have to lose out to not be able to and that's not going to happen. If LCM can beat central then they will secure the last spot, all ozen can do now is hope they lose to MAYBE get a shot of going but we will all find out in a couple weeks
[/quote]

How I see it.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1306532" timestamp="1350855878"]
all Central has to do is beat LC-M next week, in which i think they will, i'll be there to see it. Ozen will win ONE more game this year---versus Lumberton, Ozen will not beat any Mid-County school this year IMO.
[/quote] You see Ozen losing to PN-G, man?  Very interesting.  I  can see Ozen beating PN-G by more than a TD.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1306536" timestamp="1350856240"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104998.msg1306532#msg1306532 date=1350855878]
all Central has to do is beat LC-M next week, in which i think they will, i'll be there to see it. Ozen will win ONE more game this year---versus Lumberton, Ozen will not beat any Mid-County school this year IMO.
[/quote] You see Ozen losing to PN-G, man?  Very interesting.  I  can see Ozen beating PN-G by more than a TD.
[/quote]They have something to play for, ruin Ozen season by knocking them out of playoff contention at The Rez. BTW it will be Senior Night at PN-G.  ;)

When is the last time PN-G lost their last game of the season at home?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1306542" timestamp="1350856913"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=104998.msg1306536#msg1306536 date=1350856240]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104998.msg1306532#msg1306532 date=1350855878]
[/quote]They have something to play for, ruin Ozen season by knocking them out of playoff contention at The Rez. BTW it will be Senior Night at PN-G.  ;)

When is the last time PN-G lost their last game of the season at home?
[/quote] Senior night?  Disrespectful?

Last Home lost for PN-G?  Was it the 'cursed field' year vs. Central?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder