Lamar mentioned as Sunbelt canidate

UNLV

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="jdcurran235" post="1308883" timestamp="1351115629"]
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/oct/04/west-linebacker-zach-stuart-commits-to-lamar/

Has anyone seen this.  It would make sense with the ray ray contract extension.
[/quote]

I have a hard time believing that. The news source needs to follow up on that claim. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1308934" timestamp="1351122229"]
[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=104710.msg1308883#msg1308883 date=1351115629]
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/oct/04/west-linebacker-zach-stuart-commits-to-lamar/

Has anyone seen this.  It would make sense with the ray ray contract extension.
[/quote]

I have a hard time believing that. The news source needs to follow up on that claim. ;)
[/quote]Didn't Woodard get a FBS raise a few months ago. Believe it.
They are trashing Lamar on csnbbs, you guys need to go defend Lamar. Or would you rather I do it?

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1309237" timestamp="1351175451"]
FBS next season? Yeah, right?
[/quote]Lamar could go FBS next year. It would be a transition year. Lamar would not be a full member of the SBC for 2 years. I would rather MWC, but the SBC is better than the SLC.

They are freaking out on Katfans site. LOL.

I would rather the MWC as well.  They seem to have less of a problem with us and would accept us better.  Also the SBC has a really big head after this last season.  They seem to think they are the BIG XII or something.  Kinda annoying.  And you are right about them bashing LU, they seem to think we are some sort of AAA school.  They say completely untrue things about us.  Kinda annoying.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1309259" timestamp="1351176762"]
[quote author=skipmeister link=topic=104710.msg1309237#msg1309237 date=1351175451]
FBS next season? Yeah, right?
[/quote]Lamar could go FBS next year. It would be a transition year. Lamar would not be a full member of the SBC for 2 years. I would rather MWC, but the SBC is better than the SLC.

[b]They are freaking out on Katfans site[/b]. LOL.
[/quote]

Ummm, if you call what I just read on KatFans  "Freaking Out" you need a better grip on life. 

http://katfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=6404.0

[quote name="kingkat99" post="1309372" timestamp="1351183260"]
I cant think of one poster that cares if Lamar stays or not especially football wise.  I know there are some parents that would want them to stay so they can see their kids pad their stats everytime we play but thats about it.
[/quote]

You might be following us.  You will be able to continue to pad your stats. lol

From Jack:

What's up, Cards? Here's what I know. 

The Sun Belt league office is going to publicly deny contact with LU (or SHSU, for that matter).  Your people don't say shit even if their mouths are full.  One day I am going to get around to showing everyone why people do things this way - there's certainly a excellent reason for this - but that's for a boring time in the offseason.

I think that there might be an answer developing - did Burnett and the SLC have to go to 10 (future 12)/14, and add west Texas and Oklahoma to his compact league?  Adding 5 when you lost 3 might be a way of showing that 2 more are leaving.  Or not.  But it deserves some notice that we all know that someone at LU and Benson have each others cell numbers.  This is just my speculation. 

I have my own source in Knoxville, by a stroke of luck.  He's into the area prep scene and has written a story about Stuart, and knows the author of the other one well.  I have contacted him to see what he can find up there.  Here's his article: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1390773

Finally, I'm not really into recruiting.  I think it's creepy to text teenage boys about where they want to go to college.  However, I spent enough time with Brent and Fletcher to learn that kids will say anything.  A conversation about hoping to be in the Sun Belt in four-five years so his parents can see him play in Murfreesboro would have relevance, and the young man wants to study chemical engineering.  Aren't y'all top three in that?

Edited to Add: This isn't a mistake a writer at the level of Smithey would make and Stuart is a kid that should be playing at a BCS school.

Lamar gave Woodard a FBS raise. The article was too specific. Both Lamar and the SBC needs to deny it until after  March. Lamar could get banned from the SLC tourney if announced too soon.

SBC is the hill-billy conference so expect hill-billy fans. Just remind those igno's the SBC school presidents are smart enough to know if Lamar is SBC material. Then remind them obvious they do like Lamar.

The people on the Sun Belt board are just pumping their chests.  SBC is having a decent year in football and they want to show "lowly" Lamar (not my words, but their thinking) they are big time FBS and Lamar is not worthy.  Fact is, the big time is now the five major conferences, and it doesn't include the Big East.

[quote name="jdcurran235" post="1309844" timestamp="1351216430"]
One of the posters said that LU left on bad terms from the SBC, I wonder if there is truth to that.
[/quote]They also said SHSU brings in part of the Houston market. Must be the invisible part.
I say let them have Sam. In the mean time, ESPN is reporting BYU is unlikely to BE and AFA is likely.
There is still hope for Lamar and Texas st to the MWC.

The "Houston Market" argument has a little to do with the fact that we have a satellite campus in The Woodlands and have a agreement with Lone Star College which is throughout Houston to accept there coursework.  Due to SH recent success we also have(although very brief) programming spots on two Houston Sports radio programs.  I personally dont think either school is ready for FBS.  Lamar from a competitive standpoint and SH from a facilities standpoint, so I can see why there is some resistance to eithe program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder