png boss

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1300498" timestamp="1350241323"]
[quote author=11cbhill link=topic=104657.msg1300494#msg1300494 date=1350240899]
pngbama....png is not the top job in the state, if something better comes along, i'd leave, too!
[/quote]

11cbhill, don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was the top job in the state, only that there's a reason 52 applicants, including some of the state's most successful coaches, applied for the job in 2008.
[/quote]

bama, relax

all in good fun

are you always this serious

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1300498" timestamp="1350241323"]
pngbama....png is not the top job in the state, if something better comes along, i'd leave, too!
[/quote]

11cbhill, don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was the top job in the state, only that there's a reason [b]52 applicants, including some of the state's most successful coaches[/b], applied for the job in 2008.
[/quote]

Do you happen to remeber some of those coaches names i am just curious how have there seasons have gone since the hire of faircloth

[quote name="ATX31" post="1300575" timestamp="1350248602"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300498#msg1300498 date=1350241323]
[/quote]

11cbhill, don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was the top job in the state, only that there's a reason [b]52 applicants, including some of the state's most successful coaches[/b], applied for the job in 2008.
[/quote]

Do you happen to remeber some of those coaches names i am just curious how have there seasons have gone since the hire of faircloth
[/quote]

I remember Danaher and Vance because they caught the most attention, and also Mike Long. I think there was a Barbay on the list as well. There were a couple coaches with some college experience, but I don't remember who or where they were from. And of course, Coach Faircloth.

I know PNG is a 4A school, but if you go look we typically have more kids in the football program than PAM and WB or most smaller 5A programs. So most seasons the only playing one way is good at PNG because even the Talented kids that quit at most schools stay in the program. This year looks to be the exception, but he has played #2 Clark on offense some as well as Coy. Just so happens that last week Clark was wearing a boot on his leg so I am sure BF didn't want to risk him against Central. As someone else said he has had success to this point so I trust him and I have seen that there is some good athletes coming in may areas of the game. Just need to tweek the defensive philosophy.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1299934" timestamp="1350171135"]
Good Lord. ::)

Faircloth's here to stay for the next few seasons at the very least. One mediocre season (if it turns out that way) will not affect his job security and I don't think he wants to leave with the amount of talent we have coming up.
[/quote]
What talent?

[quote name="football04" post="1300041" timestamp="1350180497"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300029#msg1300029 date=1350179702]
So let me get this straight.

Faircloth interviewed for one school in the town where his wife's family lives that's only about a hundred miles from his hometown (where his family still lives), and all of the sudden he must be looking to get away from PN-G at all costs because there's no possible way he could win in the coming years with the supposed lack of talent (keyword being supposed) on a JV team that's 5-1 and a Freshman Purple team that's 6-0. Or, in other words, Faircloth has no commitment to PN-G because there's supposedly little talent rising through the ranks, despite the fact that he's spent four years here building a program from top to bottom (by that, I don't just mean high school) that is already bearing fruit at the lower levels.

Right. ::)

Faircloth is going to be at PN-G for the foreseeable future. He's done a fine job so far, the community wants him there and he's working in some of the finest facilities in the state in front of the largest high school fanbase in the state, arguably the nation. The only way I see Faircloth leaving is if he can get on as HC at an already prominent program such as Lake Travis or Southlake Carrol, and that's realistically not going to happen until he has strung together some deep playoff runs.
[/quote]
your giving your town way to much credit, to most people outside of southeast texas it stinks around here, and while your facilities are nice by southeast texas standards, there are lots of places with better facilities than png, there are alot of places Faircloth would go besides Lake Travis or Southlake. That purple haze is clouding your thoughts.
[/quote]

Bravo

[quote name="badndn" post="1300646" timestamp="1350256069"]
Funny yall having this discussion. I'm at the Omni hotel in Corpus and the girl behind the bar is from...PNG.
[/quote]

Just the puppydawgs jealousy as they can't get ANY facilities built for the school. If they hadn't gotten some of the PA moveovers they'd still be at the bottom of the district.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1300655" timestamp="1350257732"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=104657.msg1300646#msg1300646 date=1350256069]
Funny yall having this discussion. I'm at the Omni hotel in Corpus and the girl behind the bar is from...PNG.
[/quote]

Just the puppydawgs jealousy as they can't get ANY facilities built for the school. If they hadn't gotten [b]some of the PA moveovers [/b] they'd still be at the bottom of the district.
[/quote]

Name the moveovers..

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1300655" timestamp="1350257732"]
[/quote]

Just the puppydawgs jealousy as they can't get ANY facilities built for the school. If they hadn't gotten some of the PA moveovers they'd still be at the bottom of the district.
[/quote]
We have too many old people to pass anything. It's going to take a lot of people croaking before something happens financially for athletics. It's really a shame. Also, we don't have our hands in the pockets of any refineries. Has nothing to do with PA. Get your facts right before you make an ignorant comment. Who exactly is a PA "moveover" ?

P.S. Enjoy getting throttled Friday Night...

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1300666" timestamp="1350258674"]
I thought you liked smack talk Godogs?? You started the most ignorant topics on the site and you can't take the smack talk?? Just a couple years back you guys wanted Neuman gone and now he is a god!!!
[/quote]
Find one post in 5 years where I said anything about Neumann needing to get the axe and I will give you a hundred bucks. your claims are unfounded. Smack talk is good but when it's unfounded stuff, it just sounds like sour grapes because you know you're about to get lit up at home and get embarrassed.. I still don't understand the PA moveover comment. Which you still wont explain..

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1300681" timestamp="1350259678"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104657.msg1300679#msg1300679 date=1350259553]
[b]there has been a few PA transfers at NED.  ;)[/b]

as far as that BF offense comment by someone.... ------> ROFL!!!!!!  :D
[/quote]
Like who?
[/quote]they know who.  ;)

Thats been discussed in previous years.

Now we gonna add some fuel to the fire, thanks for the bulletin board material PNGFan, good job.  Last " moveover I remember was Benjamin, but who could blame him.  There may be some in the under levels, but the kids on this varsity team, everyone of em have bee in the Nederland football program from jump street, except for Kimler, and he came form west of PA, but prolly for the same reason.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1300689" timestamp="1350259888"]
Now we gonna add some fuel to the fire, thanks for the bulletin board material PNGFan, good job.  Last " moveover I remember was Benjamin, but who could blame him.  There may be some in the under levels, but the kids on this varsity team, everyone of em have bee in the Nederland football program from jump street, except for Kimler, and he came form west of PA, but prolly for the same reason.
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1300662" timestamp="1350258424"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=104657.msg1300655#msg1300655 date=1350257732]
[/quote]

[/quote]
We have too many old people to pass anything. It's going to take a lot of people croaking before something happens financially for athletics. It's really a shame. [b]Also, we don't have our hands in the pockets of any refineries.[/b] Has nothing to do with PA. Get your facts right before you make an ignorant comment. Who exactly is a PA "moveover" ?

P.S. Enjoy getting throttled Friday Night...
[/quote]

But,  you forget that, since we have our "hands in the refineries pockets", we are now having to pay Robin Hood $MILLIONS$!  Because of that, we had to pass a bond in order to get the stadium improvements and the 2 new schools.  Had NOTHING to do with refinery money.
Get [i][b]YOUR[/b][/i] facts straight.

PNG has done a great job stepping up to pay for their facilities, but
  We keep bringing our "Nederland" kids to your Taj mahal and holding our own.  We like PNG have gotten a few PA transfers here and there, but make no mistake, the kids on this nederland team are straight up home grown Nederland Bulldogs.  neumann just knows how to use his players like no other coach.  Goodness, can't wait for what's coming Friday

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1300724" timestamp="1350262503"]
PNG has done a great job stepping up to pay for their facilities, but
  We keep bringing our "Nederland" kids to your Taj mahal and holding our own.  We like PNG have gotten a few PA transfers here and there, but make no mistake, the kids on this nederland team are straight up home grown Nederland Bulldogs.  neumann just knows how to use his players like no other coach.  Goodness, can't wait for what's coming Friday

[/quote]

Trust me, we at PNG know what's coming Friday. I promise you, you won't find a PNG fan that doesn't agree with you. So there, i hope you can enjoy the destruction much less.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed