PORT NECHES-GROVES AT BEAUMONT CENTRAL BROADCAST/Central wins 56-50!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1      2      3      4      Total

PN-G            21      7      7      15      50
Central          28      0      14    14      56

Scoring summary
BCT -- Kamon Darby 82-yard kickoff return (Xavier Morris kick), 11:47, 1st.
PNG -- Kaleb Clark 93-yard kickoff return (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 11:30, 1st.
BCT -- Robert Mitchell 11-yard run (Xavier Morris kick), 8:05, 1st.
PNG -- Tim Clopton 15-yard pass from Jeremiah Rose (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 5:47, 1st.
BCT -- Nicalus Rhone 29-yard pass from Robert Mitchell (Xavier Morris kick), 4:10, 1st.
PNG -- A.J. Smith 62-yard run (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 2:35, 1st.
BCT -- Robert Mitchell 15-yard run (Xavier Morris kick), 0:25, 1st.
PNG -- Jeremiah Rose 62-yard pass from A.J. Smith (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 2:35, 2nd.
PNG -- Jeremiah Rose 40-yard pass from A.J. Smith (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 10:49, 3rd.
BCT -- Garrison Mitchell 42-yard pass from Robert Mitchell (Xavier Morris kick), 6:59, 3rd.
BCT -- Garrison Mitchell 8-yard pass from Robert Mitchell (Xavier Morris kick), 0:24, 3rd.
PNG -- Tim Clopton 18-yard pass from A.J. Smith (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 8:16, 4th.
BCT -- Chris Allen 1-yard pass from Robert Mitchell (Xavier Morris kick), 4:04, 4th.
PNG -- A.J. Smith 3-yard run (Deny McDaniel from A.J. Smith), 2:46, 4th.
BCT -- Robert Mitchell 50-yard run (Xavier Morris kick), 1:34, 4th.

Team Stats

PN-G          Central
Total yards              400              553
First downs                16                27
Rushes/Yds              31/221        33/250
Average rush            7.13            7.58
Comp/Atts              9/23/2          25/30/1
Pass yards                179              303
Comp pct                39.13          83.33
Fumbles/Lost            0/0              1/1
Penalties-yards          5-35            13-80

Robert Mitchell  25-30    303 yards  4 Td's
                      15 rushes for 118  2 Td's

[quote name="football04" post="1299125" timestamp="1350107972"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104560.msg1299118#msg1299118 date=1350107589]
I've come to the conclusion that 20-4A doesn't play defense.
[/quote]
2 teams play defense and the rest try to out score you.
[/quote]

JW, cuz we only put up about 285yds per game, and give up about 140yds per game.  It seems like every game in 20-4A the teams put up between 400-600yds.

[quote name="BiggJagg" post="1299130" timestamp="1350108364"]
PNG change coach?

did not look as well coached as teamz say four or five years go
[/quote]

No BiggJagg.  Same Head Coach,  but,  there are 3 new assistant coaches.  We just don't have the stand-outs of the past..  Waaaaaay too many turn-overs,  especially at crucial times,  like tonight.

Was a fun game to watch tho,  wasn't it?

Congrats to the Jags.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1299015" timestamp="1350102662"]
Tonight was the first time Andrew Washington's Jaguars have ever beaten Brandon Faircloth's Indians. Soulja, I know you have disagreements with the coaching at Central. What say you?
[/quote] Offense have gotten light years better with the addition of Lil' Mitchell in the starting offensive lineup and a  few tweeks  and here, but our defense have taken a step back.  Not wanting to call a kid out, but somebody have been getting torched on long pass plays for 3 consecutive weeks. I hope somebody sees this.  We also need to tackle better.  And my gosh, somebody  needs to tell our kids it's not always about the highlight int.  On that 2 point conversion, all we need you to do is bay down the pass,  not go for an interception, miss it, then give up 2 points.  And that tackling the Indian  player AFTER the fair catch set me ablaze.  Lol

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1299170" timestamp="1350110838"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104560.msg1299015#msg1299015 date=1350102662]
Tonight was the first time Andrew Washington's Jaguars have ever beaten Brandon Faircloth's Indians. Soulja, I know you have disagreements with the coaching at Central. What say you?
[/quote] Offense have gotten light years better with the addition of Lil' Mitchell in the starting offensive lineup and a  few tweeks  and here, but our defense have taken a step back.  Not wanting to call a kid out, but somebody have been getting torched on long pass plays for 3 consecutive weeks. I hope somebody sees this.  We also need to tackle better.  And my gosh, somebody  needs to tell our kids it's not always about the highlight int.  On that 2 point conversion, all we need you to do is bay down the pass,  not go for an interception, miss it, then give up 2 points.  And that tackling the Indian  player AFTER the fair catch set me ablaze.  Lol
[/quote]

Soulja, I think you get to take down your "Biaplayer is a guru" thing.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1299170" timestamp="1350110838"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104560.msg1299015#msg1299015 date=1350102662]
[/quote] yall back in playoff contention, dont make me look bad  ;)

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1299054" timestamp="1350103958"]
Game ran way late 17 kickoffs and 15 extra points where clock does not run. This was one great game. [b]Central qb and his little brother should be co MVP's in this game.[/b] Indians put some offense together tonight. QB was very good. Many players on both sides leaving it all on the field. There was some hitting going on out there tonight. [b]Congrats to the Jaguars and thanks to both teams for making my $6 money well spent.[/b]
[/quote] Man, you just don't realize I was thinking the same thing after leaving this game!

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1299124" timestamp="1350107930"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104560.msg1299118#msg1299118 date=1350107589]
I've come to the conclusion that 20-4A doesn't play defense.
[/quote]

Don't Lump 20-4A in this toilet bowl of a game. Either of these teams have a defense but I promise some of the other teams do.
[/quote] Watch what you say because it  just might come back to haunt you.  remember, you still have to play these teams...  it wasn't long ago that you, NEDERLAND, wasn't even in the district championship talks, and you got a record set on you at the tune of 63 points at your beloved dog pound...Have a nice say!  ;) :-*

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1299172" timestamp="1350111010"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=104560.msg1299170#msg1299170 date=1350110838]
[/quote]

Soulja, I think you get to take down your "Biaplayer is a guru" thing.
[/quote]Ohh yea, you're right.  ;D

[quote name="ATX31" post="1299250" timestamp="1350133584"]
Soulja i heard from several PNG faithfuls that many of your players would lay on the ground face down after every big play PNG had... whats up with that?
[/quote] Cramps maybe?  Or maybe just tired.  Our defensive substitutions were trash.  It was like that vs. Ozen.  Y'alls offensive push was kicking our  butt in the 4th.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1299266" timestamp="1350134387"]
Soulja , I was about to say you all should have save some of those points for Vidor but then I relize you didn't have many to spare. ;D Congrats to Central it's good to see you all in the thick of things again.
[/quote] Likewise. 8)

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1299272" timestamp="1350134628"]
First off congrats to Central and Soulja on a fine win in an exciting ballgame. PNG played their hearts out I am proud of the Indians.
[/quote] Those Indians refused to go away, as so with the Jags.  Heckova game, as  always when these two hook up.  I was on the edge of my seat just like in the 2009 game (you remember that one... ;) )

Hey Soulja,  ya think, with your connections, you could have someone locate the "volume" knob on the PA system?  OMG,  those commercials were deafening!  Just does not need to be THAT loud.  It really takes away from the otherwise awesome stadium experience.
8)

What a great game and congratulations to Central on the win.  I will say that I am very PROUD of my INDIANS for not giving up last night and leaving it all on the field. 

I also agree with PNG Proud yeah, the commercials were way to loud.  Also why have commercials playing when the announcers is talking?  Made no sense because you can't hear the announcer.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1299378" timestamp="1350141886"]
Hey Soulja,  ya think, with your connections, you could have someone locate the "volume" knob on the PA system?  OMG,  those commercials were deafening!  Just does not need to be THAT loud.  It really takes away from the otherwise awesome stadium experience.
8)
[/quote]I agree.  I just found out that my Wife's best friend's son is one of the students that help run the score board.  I mentioned that to  him last night after the game.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1299395" timestamp="1350142945"]
What a great game and congratulations to Central on the win.  I will say that I am very PROUD of my INDIANS for not giving up last night and leaving it all on the field. 

I also agree with PNG Proud yeah, the commercials were way to loud.  Also why have commercials playing when the announcers is talking?  Made no sense because you can't hear the announcer.
[/quote] Now, the commercials will play.  We can't help that.  My whole argument is the volume of it.  Especially in the 4th quarter.  It was nerve wrecking.  Lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder