LIVINGSTON AT NEDERLAND BROADCAST/Nederland wins 23-7!!

[quote name="baddog" post="1292269" timestamp="1349493908"]
Me thinks Neumann chewed some Bulldog Butt at halftime. Ned dominated the second half. We fumbled away some opportunities, but Livingston fumbled on the one after a long drive which would have given them the lead. Livingston lives by the big play but Ned's offense and defense clicked in the second half.

Need to play both halves like the second. Still a good win for the Dogs!

[/quote]

To have a chance to beat Nederland you have to play 4 quarters of football. Livingston did not do that tonight.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoutout to Trocket first off, good man, sat with him during the game.

Good first half for the Lions but missed out on a 14-7 halftime lead by fumbling at the 1. #9 has to hold on to the ball better, holding it like a loaf of bread is not good.

2nd half, totally different story! NED came out with running basically one play (inside counter trap) and Livingston could not stop it. Hopkins is FAST!

Livingston IMO beat themselves on offense in the 1st half, 2nd half it was a combo of the NED run defense and Livingston missing wide-open passes.

Livingston has to develop better special teams (i'll let Trocket go in depth on that)

The Lions Center has to practice those long snaps, too many high ones tonight.

as for NED, if they keep having un-called for penalties on defense thats gonna hurt them in the playoffs.

Enjoyed the atmosphere at Bulldog Stadium.

BTW, your parking sucks!  ;) :D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1292412" timestamp="1349496654"]

Good first half for the Lions but missed out on a 14-7 halftime lead by fumbling at the 1. #9 has to hold on to the ball better, holding it like a loaf of bread is not good.

2nd half, totally different story! NED came out with running basically one play (inside counter trap) and Livingston could not stop it. Hopkins is FAST!

Livingston IMO beat themselves on offense in the 1st half, 2nd half it was a combo of the NED run defense and Livingston missing wide-open passes.

Livingston has to develop better special teams (i'll let Trocket go in depth on that)

as for NED, if they keep having un-called for penalties on defense thats gonna hurt them in the playoffs.

[b]BTW, your parking sucks![/b]  ;) :D
[/quote]

First Mr. Garrity, nothing in nederville sucks, you know that. Their facilities are second to none. Second, do y'all think, just might think that nederville my be a little banged up after the Vidor game as well...

[quote name="bigdog" post="1292444" timestamp="1349497458"]
I agree with Garrity, parking sucks,[b] they need to pave that big field next to the stadium[/b].  and Robodana, you lost to Nederland, get over it.
[/quote]

Been saying this for years.. makes perfect sense...

[quote name="robanadana" post="1292434" timestamp="1349497261"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104178.msg1292412#msg1292412 date=1349496654]

[b]BTW, your parking sucks![/b]  ;) :D
[/quote]

First Mr. Garrity, nothing in nederville sucks, you know that. Their facilities are second to none. Second, do y'all think, just might think that nederville my be a little banged up after the Vidor game as well...
[/quote]I'll say this, this wasnt the superior Nederland team from the pre-district at all. Maybe they were banged up, i dont know.

Something just seems like its missing from NED to be a state title contender, not being mean but the team i saw tonight (as of tonight) will not win a state title or come close to it.

The Lions did something that they need to do more often if they wanna make the playoffs and keep Chevoski healthy----> Put him at WR more and limit the hits put on him by running him in that wing-t.

#1 for Livingston needs the ball in open space, other than Hopkins (NED) and Chevoski #1 (chevoski's cousin) was the fastest person on the field.

as far as the parking, all that space NED has, you cant tell me they cant make another parking lot somewhere. I mean it wasnt a pain to walk a block but sheesh, i can imagine how the parking is when MCM is at NED.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1292471" timestamp="1349498174"]
When MCM is there they open up that field for parking.  I'm not sure why they don't do that for every game.
[/quote]they need to, especially for Homecoming. I got to the stadium a little before 6:30 and neighborhood parking was full lol.....

What was the deal with all the turnovers in this game?

[quote name="robanadana" post="1292486" timestamp="1349498653"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=104178.msg1292444#msg1292444 date=1349497458]
I agree with Garrity, parking sucks, they need to pave that big field next to the stadium.  and [b]Robodana, you lost to Nederland, get over it.[/b][/quote]

AAAHHH, but the fire is burning inside for the rematch.....
[/quote]i'll leave the intrigue to the both of you but there will not be a rematch after what i saw and what i heard tonight IMHO.

The Dogs certainly looked pretty flat in the 1st half. I think they probably underestimated Livingston....and perhaps got a bit distracted with all the Homecoming festivities all day long. But, I can assure you that they are not "banged up" after BEATING Vidor last week!! -LOL. I'm sure they got their "pep-talk" at halftime and of course dominated the 2nd half..... FYI - The field next to the stadium is the practice field for the football team at that school. It will not be paved, but is opened up for parking when Ned plays teams that travel well.

1 2 3 4.  Total
Livingston 0 7 0.      0.    7
Nederland 0 7 9 7 23

Scoring summary
NED -- Michael Shaw 19-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 8:00, 2nd.
LIV -- Damion Collins 67-yard run (Juan Castro kick), 7:41, 2nd.
NED -- Zach Taylor 17-yard pass from Seth Barrow (Tanner Noel kick), 2:31, 3rd.
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 7-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 9:05, 4th.

Team Stats
                      Livingston Nederland
Total yards           181       312
First downs     11                 15
Rushes/Yds   24/99     36/210
Average rush   4.13       5.83
Comp/Atts         11/27/1     9/19/1
Pass yards             82       102
Comp pct           40.74     47.37
Fumbles/Lost     4/3       3/2
Penalties-yards   8-53     4-40

Kendrick Hopkins ran 29 times for 200 yards at 1 TD

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1292625" timestamp="1349504329"]
anybody other than me stood up to watch the first play of the game thinking Collins might take it to the house? lol  :D

and what was up with the Livingston Mascot adjusting my [color=red][b][size=18pt]Arkansas Razorback hat[/[/size]b][/color]?  :-[  I was already embarassed to wear it  ;D  8)
[/quote]
:o ;D

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1292634" timestamp="1349504785"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104178.msg1292625#msg1292625 date=1349504329]
anybody other than me stood up to watch the first play of the game thinking Collins might take it to the house? lol  :D

and what was up with the Livingston Mascot adjusting my [color=red][b][size=18pt]Arkansas Razorback hat[/[/size]b][/color]?  :-[  I was already embarassed to wear it  ;D  8)
[/quote]
[/quote]just came over and adjusted my hat man LOL......Im sensitive when it comes to my Hogs.  :D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1292639" timestamp="1349505253"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104178.msg1292634#msg1292634 date=1349504785]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104178.msg1292625#msg1292625 date=1349504329]

[/quote]
[/quote]just came over and adjusted my hat man LOL......Im sensitive when it comes to my Hogs.  :D
[/quote]
i know the feeling. i onced walked into an applebees in el dorado,ar wearing a lsu shirt. thought i was fixing to get an unpleasant exit. ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1292646" timestamp="1349506148"]
It was a pleasure meeting you tonight Buddy, sorry about that Lion mascot she must like razorbacks. Enjoyed watching a game with a real fan of the game.
[/quote] Likewise.  8)

I'll know sometime early next week if im going to the Ozen game up there,[s] the Lufkin/Woodlands [/s]  NED/LC-M game or the Newton/EC game.

as far as the Mascot i thought she was a LSU fan and was gonna toss my hat LOL.  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1292653" timestamp="1349506770"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=104178.msg1292646#msg1292646 date=1349506148]
It was a pleasure meeting you tonight Buddy, sorry about that Lion mascot she must like razorbacks. Enjoyed watching a game with a real fan of the game.
[/quote] Likewise.  8)

I'll know sometime early next week if im going to the Ozen game up there,[s] the Lufkin/Woodlands [/s]  NED/LC-M game or the Newton/EC game.

[b]as far as the Mascot i thought she was a LSU fan and was gonna toss my hat [/b] LOL.  ;D
[/quote]
i would have. ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1292564" timestamp="1349500482"]
Congrat Nederland you escaped that upset tonight, but have to tell you the truth: I didn't see a state championship team out there tonight. You still might get upset by Ozen, good luck rest of the year.
[/quote]Yeah and we were going to be upset by Livingston  :oIn this district on any given Friday somebody can be upset..As far escaped the upset 312 total yards to 182yards did not even see a upset in the makeing..The O- line and Hopkins owned the second half ...Great game guys keep it up..And good luck the rest of the way lions

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami