Tradition

AAW, when I was a teen I worked for the school during the summer....We cleand out old boxes of tropheys from under the stands and hauled them off....One I remember was a 1927 trophey about 6" high....where we had played Silsbee in a tourney....I guess they mailed the tropheys back then....wish I wouldhave  kept some of them.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="no-look" post="1289244" timestamp="1349222389"]
Local ranked teams....how far back does your winning tradition go?..... We (Huntington) have had some decent teams lately but not anything like the distant past....I think 79 was the last regional tourney appearance.....
[/quote]

Once No look and bo hack left the high school ranks, Huntington had no hope of ever replicating those performances.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1297758" timestamp="1350054763"]
i believe Hamshire Fannett won its only District Championship in 98-99 season....not alot of tradition there.
probably could ve had more if we didn't have move outs.
[/quote]HF was good enough last season to start s tradition.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1297286" timestamp="1349995533"]
Nederland ever since Coach English came. Personally cant remember Nederland having anything consistent before that. Abe can probably give some details.
[/quote]No consistency at all. When English was in school (1987), he led the Dogs to their 1st post season since 1955. Then Ned finished 3rd in the early 90's. I think it was '93 or '94, but we were one and done. English  arrived in Ned in 2006 (i believe), and the Dogs made the playoffs during his 3rd year (2009). After winning (or sharing) a district title three years straight (2010-2012), we suddenly have much higher expectations. Hopefully this is the start of our winning tradition. I surely don't want us to go back to those days of losing.  :'(

Sorry if my years aren't exact, my mind ain't what it use to be!  ;D

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1297758" timestamp="1350054763"]
i believe Hamshire Fannett won its only District Championship in 98-99 season....not alot of tradition there.
probably could ve had more if we didn't have move outs.
[/quote]

Some don't even move - they just change schools. :o

my "move" comment wasn't intended for anyone specific because it happened when i was in school.  I was part of that 98 99 hf team. 

our 7th and 8th grade year we had a record of 25 - 3.  We had a 6'6" 350 big man that could move, 6'5" big man, 2 6'3" wings along with good guard play.  our freshman year me and one of the posts moved up to varsity while our freshman still had a record of 27 - 1. ....thats 52 - 4 in 3 years,  but after our freshman year, one guy moved, another got into drugs and moved, another died, another got into a bad car wreck and couldn't play anymore.  only 2 starters from those years were still there as seniors.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder