Personal info

westend1

Do admins even have personal info other than knowing someone personally? I thought that all you needed was a screen name and an email address to sign up.

In any case, I am a moderator and not and administrator but I have never heard of such a thing.

[quote name="tvc" post="1282696" timestamp="1348692931"]
Do admins even have personal info other than knowing someone personally? I thought that all you needed was a screen name and an email address to sign up.

In any case, I am a moderator and not and administrator but I have never heard of such a thing.
[/quote]  Go look at the youth baseball site.  They are all talking about getting each other's names and IP addresses.  I don't know what info the admins have about each poster, but it seems that somebody might be passing out names.

TVC, I think this is the thread Westend1 is referring to.  http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=103331.45

I actually was the one who said something about the admins not allowing posters to post under different screen names.  I never said anything about them naming peoples names or any personal information.  Because really all the info they know is what we give them when we sign up for this site which is an email addy and whatever screen name we pick out.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="westend1" post="1282714" timestamp="1348694359"]
[quote author=tvc link=topic=103710.msg1282696#msg1282696 date=1348692931]

[/quote]  Go look at the youth baseball site.  They are all talking about getting each other's names and IP addresses.  I don't know what info the admins have about each poster, but it seems that somebody might be passing out names.
[/quote]

Paging Super Admin. AAW!  Need a ruling on about #3.

[quote name="westend1" post="1282351" timestamp="1348667249"]
I have seen some posts about admins giving out personal information about posters on this site.  is it true?  Do admins give out personal info about posters?
[/quote]

No, we do not give out that information.

In some cases we do know the identity of some members but that normally is given to us on a voluntary basis from that member.

We have had folks ask us who a member is, but we do not give out that info.

The mention of us admins monitoring members for multiple accounts, we do check IP addresses to keep that violation of site rules under control.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1282788" timestamp="1348701128"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=103710.msg1282351#msg1282351 date=1348667249]
I have seen some posts about admins giving out personal information about posters on this site.  is it true?  Do admins give out personal info about posters?
[/quote]

In some cases we do know the identity of some members but that normally is given to us on a voluntary basis from that member.

The mention of us admins monitoring members for multiple accounts, we do check IP addresses to keep that violation of site rules under control.
[/quote]  So, the people bragging about going to friends to find out info are full of crap?

[quote name="westend1" post="1282793" timestamp="1348701280"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=103710.msg1282788#msg1282788 date=1348701128]
[/quote]

[/quote]  So, the people bragging about going to friends to find out info are full of crap?
[/quote]

Most definitely.  Generally, I echo the statement of AggiesAreWe above that we simply as a matter of policy do not provide that information.  As far as I know, those who have their identities known on this are those that, like me, have revealed that information voluntarily.

And specifically, I have no desire to get into the bickering amongst a bunch of Joe Torre wannabes that has become the hallmark of select sports.

Signed respectfully, yours truly

Todd J. Broussard
Katy, Texas

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1282815" timestamp="1348702995"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=103710.msg1282793#msg1282793 date=1348701280]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=103710.msg1282788#msg1282788 date=1348701128]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Most definitely.  Generally, I echo the statement of AggiesAreWe above that we simply as a matter of policy do not provide that information.  As far as I know, those who have their identities known on this are those that, like me, have revealed that information voluntarily.

And specifically, I have no desire to get into the bickering amongst a bunch of Joe Torre wannabes that has become the hallmark of select sports.

Signed respectfully, yours truly

Todd J. Broussard
Katy, Texas
[/quote]  Ha ha!

Just wondering.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124