JASPER AT WEST ORANGE-STARK BROADCAST/WO-S WINS 17-7!

WOSgrad

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this game definitely showed Jasper what they have to work on.  WO-S defense will be a very good preview of Carthage's defense.  Carthage has been extremely stout on defense last few years too.  Jasper was able to move the ball here and there, but overall they have a lot of work to do to compete with this caliber of team.

Jasper defense can hold their heads up high.  They played a nice game.

Too many turnover, penalties in this game for sure.

WO-S looking like they haven't looked in quite a few years on defense.  I think their pass offense showed good improvement.  Jasper held their rushing attack pretty much in check, but Salter did have a few nice plays with his feet too.

Good luck to the Stangs from here on out.

[quote name="venom33" post="1278421" timestamp="1348281620"]
That Jasper defense is legit!!
[/quote]

I think this game showed me that Jasper's defense is better than I thought they were and their offense isn't quite where I thought they would be.  Middleton will need to get the ball more often for Jasper to be successful.  Walker got a good taste of big time football.  He will continue to improve.

[quote name="marshman" post="1278430" timestamp="1348281709"]
95 yards of penalities against WOS.  at least there were no turnovers.
[/quote]

Those two turnovers were definitely the difference in the game. Hopefully, we'll get that cleaned up this week with the bye and come out strong against BC.

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1278444" timestamp="1348281882"]
[quote author=marshman link=topic=103456.msg1278430#msg1278430 date=1348281709]
[/quote]

Those two turnovers were definitely the difference in the game. Hopefully, we'll get that cleaned up this week with the bye and come out strong against BC.
[/quote]

Yeah that first one was sure a killer to start off the game with such good field position and then give up a bomb.  Second one was even worse being inside of your own 20 yard line.  You know WO-S will punch it in when you give the ball away like that.  Were the fumbles caused by good hits or just mental mistakes?

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1278452" timestamp="1348281997"]
[quote author=Bulldog92 link=topic=103456.msg1278444#msg1278444 date=1348281882]
[quote author=marshman link=topic=103456.msg1278430#msg1278430 date=1348281709]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah that first one was sure a killer to start off the game with such good field position and then give up a bomb.  Second one was even worse being inside of your own 20 yard line.  You know WO-S will punch it in when you give the ball away like that.  Were the fumbles caused by good hits or just mental mistakes?
[/quote]

I got to the radio right at the beginning of the second half and listened to the WOS broadcast. They mentioned that all of their points at that time came off of those turnovers. I'm not sure how they happened. I was just telling j_dog that this reminds me of several of these losses we've taken to WOS. They're too good to make any mistakes. That was a vintage performance by them tonight and they'll go deep into the playoffs. I'm hoping we will too and that we'll see them again...

[quote name="Jasper95" post="1278559" timestamp="1348283443"]
Thanks for the work out wo-s we needed that to get us ready for district  good luck on the rest of your season
[/quote]

That's kinda how I feel. They showed us a lot, but district and playoffs are more important. I'm sure that they would agree. It sucks to lose this game, but it's not the end of the world at all.

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1278597" timestamp="1348284194"]
[quote author=Jasper95 link=topic=103456.msg1278559#msg1278559 date=1348283443]
Thanks for the work out wo-s we needed that to get us ready for district  good luck on the rest of your season
[/quote]

That's kinda how I feel. They showed us a lot, but district and playoffs are more important. I'm sure that they would agree. It sucks to lose this game, but it's not the end of the world at all.
[/quote]

Bulldogs will be just fine. Good luck to ya'll. Way to go Mustangs, but we have to stop the penalties.

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1278597" timestamp="1348284194"]
[quote author=Jasper95 link=topic=103456.msg1278559#msg1278559 date=1348283443]
[/quote]
Yea it does suck but we have a good team and a great coach well bounce back
[/quote]

Where are all those trash talkers that were on here all week? Score on quality teams before talking trash to a team like Wos. You look foolish in the end. I can't believe people on here are talking about the turnovers was the difference. This game wasn't as close as the score showed. Jasper was out classed and Wos had a very sloppy game on offense themselves. They need to clean things up on offense. This should have been another shut out. The penalty issue needs to be fixed and in a hurry...there is no excuse for this. We need better execution with the passing as well. Defense awesome, offense still needs a lot of work.

[quote name="tam0003" post="1278659" timestamp="1348285476"]
Where are all those trash talkers that were on here all week? Score on quality teams before talking trash to a team like Wos. You look foolish in the end. I can't believe people on here are talking about the turnovers was the difference. This game wasn't as close as the score showed. Jasper was out classed and Wos had a very sloppy game on offense themselves. They need to clean things up on offense. This should have been another shut out. The penalty issue needs to be fixed and in a hurry...there is no excuse for this. We need better execution with the passing as well. Defense awesome, offense still needs a lot of work.
[/quote]

Agreed tam0003. They were on the threads tuff this week. but that's what makes this fun. The Stangs need to clean up the penalties and get through district healthy. The offense will come with Reps.

[quote name="tam0003" post="1278659" timestamp="1348285476"]
[/quote]

I wouldn't say Jasper was outclassed by any means.  They held their own quite well.  WO-S was clearly the superior team but the Dogs are certainly within barking range.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder