Shaw helps Nederland beat Goose Creek Memorial

Michele

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1266778" timestamp="1347301825"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=102897.msg1266767#msg1266767 date=1347300405]
As far as I know, Durden (#10) was the only one who played QB for GCM. #15 may have taken some snaps, but by no means did we rotate three QB's.
[/quote]

Maybe you should have.
[/quote]

Nah. Durden will be ok. He just made some mistakes. Part of the learning prosess.

I know at least with the first pick, that a big factor was the defensive rush. The QB was close to being sacked, so when Shaw saw that, he jumped the receivers route. He knew that the WR couldnt go deep once the QB was being hurried. So lots of credit to the front four for causing the pressure and to Shaw for recognizing that the receiver's route couldnt go anywhere else. That's a unit working well together. Not to take anything away from the secondary, but the the defensive rush is making their job exponentially easier.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1266788" timestamp="1347303500"]
I know at least with the first pick, that a big factor was the defensive rush. The QB was close to being sacked, so when Shaw saw that, he jumped the receivers route. He knew that the WR couldnt go deep once the QB was being hurried. So lots of credit to the front four for causing the pressure and to Shaw for recognizing that the receiver's route couldnt go anywhere else. That's a unit working well together. Not to take anything away from the secondary, but the the defensive rush is making their job exponentially easier.
[/quote]

I agree. QB just needs to take the sack and not force the throw.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1266794" timestamp="1347303948"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=102897.msg1266788#msg1266788 date=1347303500]
[/quote]

I agree. QB just needs to take the sack and not force the throw.
[/quote]

That's what astin did and the results was a much closer game. 1 pick when we forced it down field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124