ESPNU Tonight at 8pm Sealy vs St. Pius

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling Seals-Jones will be in maroon and white next year after A&M BTHO Florida on Saturday, and with this help from Stewart 8) ;D:

Like many elite players, there's a mutual respect that exists between Sealy (Texas) receiver Ricky Seals-Jones and Houston St. Pius X quarterback Kohl Stewart.

They've played each other before, both are highly-ranked recruits and they're each among the best at their respective positions nationally. While there is a healthy respect, there's also a bit of a friendship between the pair: they text each other on a regular basis and have since they first met last year.

[+] Enlarge

Tom Hauck for ESPN.com
Top-ranked wideout Ricky Seals-Jones will be one of several prospects in College Station this weekend.
So you can bet that Stewart, who is committed to Texas A&M, has been in the ear of Seals-Jones, the No. 10 player in the ESPN 150 and the nation's No. 1-ranked receiver, about the Aggies.

"He knows I'm trying to get his butt over at A&M," Stewart said. "I'm trying not to be to harsh on him and let him make his own decision. He's a special player and he has a lot of ability."

Seals-Jones has offers from countless schools but is considering Texas, Texas A&M, LSU and Baylor for the time being. Like Stewart, Seals-Jones is among at least two dozen highly-regarded recruits that are expected to be in attendance at Kyle Field on Saturday when Texas A&M makes its Southeastern Conference debut against Florida.

The pair also play each other tonight at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on ESPNU as Sealy travels to St. Pius X. They met last season, a 33-25 Sealy win in which Seals-Jones ran for 143 yards and a touchdown.

"Me and Kohl text a lot," Seals-Jones said. "We text on a daily basis. Me and him are cool guys. I met him last year at St. Pius and he hit me up on Facebook and ever since then, we've just been keeping in touch with each other."

As for the weekend, Seals-Jones said he's looking forward to taking in the game in College Station, Texas.

"I'm excited," Seals-Jones said. "First I have to take care of my game first. But other than that, I'm excited to go check it out."

Stewart, who is the seventh-ranked pocket passer in the country and 91st overall in the ESPN 150, knows that Seals-Jones would be a huge addition to the Texas A&M recruiting class.

"Oh no doubt," Stewart said. "I'm going to let him make his own decision, he's got to do whatever is best for him. But he knows how we feel and how he'd fit into the system at A&M. If we got a player like him, it'd definitely help us out."

Stewart, too, is looking forward to attending the Florida game and using his sales pitch on Seals-Jones in the process -- though not before taking care of business on the field.

"From Thursday to Sunday I'm all over Ricky after we beat his a--," Stewart said with a laugh. "We're ready. Hopefully he can get over it by Saturday and buddy back up with me again, but we'll see."

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1262395" timestamp="1346980507"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=102642.msg1262391#msg1262391 date=1346980439]
TD Sealy.  Seals-Jones.  Sealy has the same fight song as Nederland. :)
[/quote]

and as Silsbee. ;)

of course, Texas A&M too.
[/quote]

It's CALLED THE AGGIE WAR HYMN!!!!!!!!! NOT FIGHT SONG.......

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1262503" timestamp="1346984691"]
Why are they not throwing jump ball passes to [b]Jones-Drew[/b], he could kill all night long. Dez Bryant killed the local teams around here with that play all day long and he is not as tall as Jones-Drew is.
[/quote]

lol....you mean Seals-Jones??? ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder