Hoping Isaac doesn't screw up Week 0!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather see it hit new orleans then here. Would prefer mississippi even better, dont want no rain or high winds just clear blue skys !! see the silsbee faithful come friday night , be there early drinking some crown and coke with some tiger faithful that i work with, hopefully i will walk away with the $money i got bet with them from before season trash talking, all i can say is i hope we come into tiger staduim and represent.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1251783" timestamp="1346005692"]
Latest GFS model has the storm making land fall just east of Sabine Pass early Thursday morning.

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/files/2012/08/isissac11.jpg
[/quote]

At the time I am posting this I have looked at over 20 weather sites and have not found anything except the above site that has Isaac heading for Texas. Almost every one of the sites has a New Orleans/Mississippi landfall. The only thing that really concerns me is the National Weather Service has predicted slower Northerly movement in the next few days, this would help strengthen the storm and also make it tougher to predict landfall. We all know how unpredictable these storms are, hopefully it doesn't do much if any damage wherever it lands and also spares us for Week "0".

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1251831" timestamp="1346008177"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=102092.msg1251783#msg1251783 date=1346005692]
Latest GFS model has the storm making land fall just east of Sabine Pass early Thursday morning.

[/quote]

At the time I am posting this I have looked at over 20 weather sites and have not found anything except the above site that has Isaac heading for Texas. Almost every one of the sites has a New Orleans/Mississippi landfall. The only thing that really concerns me is the National Weather Service has predicted slower Northerly movement in the next few days, this would help strengthen the storm and also make it tougher to predict landfall. We all know how unpredictable these storms are, hopefully it doesn't do much if any damage wherever it lands and also spares us for Week "0".

Rake1
[/quote]times like this i wish a cool front would push thru here.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1251834" timestamp="1346008293"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=102092.msg1251831#msg1251831 date=1346008177]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=102092.msg1251783#msg1251783 date=1346005692]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

Where the hell is COOP when we need him? ;D

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1251846" timestamp="1346009514"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102092.msg1251834#msg1251834 date=1346008293]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=102092.msg1251831#msg1251831 date=1346008177]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

Where the heck is COOP when we need him? ;D
[/quote]ask AAW, that's his fishing buddy.  ;)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1251783" timestamp="1346005692"]

[/quote]

If it did plow into LA somewhere between Lake Charles and Sabine Pass early Thurday as a Cat 1 or barely a Cat 2, any idea if the Friday night games in SETX would be canceled? 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1251880" timestamp="1346012779"]

[/quote]

If it did plow into LA somewhere between Lake Charles and Sabine Pass early Thurday as a Cat 1 or barely a Cat 2, any idea if the Friday night games in SETX would be canceled?
[/quote]your joking right? lol no one would be in the area i would think (evacuation)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1251880" timestamp="1346012779"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If it hit that area you described at that time as a Cat 1, I could see games possible being delayed until Saturday.  Anything stronger and I don't see any games happening.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1251885" timestamp="1346012935"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=102092.msg1251880#msg1251880 date=1346012779]

[/quote]

[/quote]your joking right? lol no one would be in the area i would think (evacuation)
[/quote]

If SETX has to evacuate, I have an extra reserved ticket for our game if anybody is interested....

the latest model on the Weather Channel just pushed the cone more West. Central Louisiana now in the bullseye along with New Orleans.

Hurricane warnings now up for that area. Welp, how it moves fast enough so it doesnt gain strength.

Hope your teams are used to playing in some rain LOL looks like were gonna get a little.

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="liltex" post="1251941" timestamp="1346018879"]
We's about to find out if they sucked up ALL of that BP oil spill or covered it up ;)
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing!!  ;)

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1251963" timestamp="1346020643"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=102092.msg1251941#msg1251941 date=1346018879]
We's about to find out if they sucked up ALL of that BP oil spill or covered it up ;)
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing!!  ;)
[/quote]I would hate for some Oil balls to wash up, enough is enough. I would really hate if any oil balls show up on any of our football fields if you know what i mean  ;)

Guest ECBucFan
Coop just said according to the latest NOAA advisory at 10PM the storm should landfall south of New Orleans at 7PM on [u]Tuesday[/u] evening. Thats quicker than first thought. maybe Friday night football will be spared?  :-\

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1252200" timestamp="1346036087"]
Coop just said according to the latest NOAA advisory at 10PM the storm should landfall south of New Orleans at 7PM on [u]Tuesday[/u] evening. Thats quicker than first thought. maybe Friday night football will be spared?  :-\
[/quote]if that storm is as big as Katrina or Rita we are gonna get squalls. Games should be pushed back to Saturday IMO

Guest ECBucFan
Not if it does actually hit N.O. Tuesday evening. It would be long gone up into north Miss. or even west Tenn. by Friday night. Also, wet side is on the storms east. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1252210" timestamp="1346036436"]
Not if it does actually hit N.O. Tuesday evening. It would be long gone up into north Miss. or even west Tenn. by Friday night. Also, wet side is on the storms east.
[/quote]Im only speaking as if it hits late Wednesday as i saw. im sure damage to stadiums would happen IMO if the storm is as big as im seeing predicted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics