Yet another idiotic Regional Poll

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1242414" timestamp="1344260880"]
Just stating facts. Luckily rankings dont mean crap in high school football. You have to win in the playoffs to advance. Who knows maybe sc will know what that feels like one day. Dayton was looking forward to playing sc last year had no idea mw would punk yall in the first round. But hey it did get you ranked #2.
[/quote]
Now you going to see our 16 year old jr's punk yall ;)

SC was 9-2 against a [i][b]very [/b] [/i] weak schedule last year -- opponents overall were 49-67. Take away their losses to 8-3 Willis and 9-3 Mag West, SC was 9-0 against teams that went 32-61. Not much competition there.

That said, they are a team to watch. Last year was only their 2nd varsity year. Lots of sophs with big playing time returning, including the QB that had great passing numbers. If he can get some wheels and a running game for some support, they could be competitive. But according to this chron article http://www.chron.com/neighborh...mer-3595526.php they lost their entire O line and expect to have a starting center that weighs in at a massive 185lbs. So I wouldn't be surprised if the offense struggles, especially early in the season.

Not sure about their D since they played such a weak schedule. Mag West scored 41 on SC. Mag West could only score 23 against Dayton's D, with 14 of those coming after Dayton had iced the game at 41-9 in the 3rd qtr. And SC gave up over 500 yards to fumbling Humble, so D sure doesn't look like a strength.

SC plays PNG pre-district. That will be an early indicator of how they are doing. And they are in a better district this year. They may grow and do OK and may even make the playoffs, but #2 is waaayyyyyy off for right now. TSRN missed it here.

I wouldn't judge on how they against my ndns. This team is one of the youngest and most inexpeirenced png teams to come thru in a while.  I hope I'm wrong, but we will have to see. We don't have a runningback with a lot of touches from last year. We have one receiver ( logan chipman) that stands out, but he is young only a junior this year. I think the offensive line has the most experience with three coming back. Think this year will be tough for dem ndns. Ready to see how their hard work has paid off over the summer. Have a great head coach so that is a plus!

It's a greater Houston area TSRN poll. TSRN (who broadcasts mostly Houston area teams) will be somewhat biased in their rankings. They will rank Houston teams over Golden Triangle teams most of the time mainly because they just do not have any knowledge of the GT teams.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1242482" timestamp="1344275609"]
It's a greater Houston area TSRN poll. TSRN (who broadcasts mostly Houston area teams) will be somewhat biased in their rankings. They will rank Houston teams over Golden Triangle teams most of the time mainly because they just do not have any knowledge of the GT teams.
[/quote]Best answer so far. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1242317" timestamp="1344207216"]
As much as I wish Montgomery was ranked sixth, they do not deserve it. With a young QB with little to no experience and the players they lost on the D, just don't see it happening. Plus Brenham being ranked behind us and we have yet to beat them. Summer Creek ranked#2? Looks like a High School form of the BCS (BS) poll.
[/quote]

I agree, but it is what it is...  Polls are fun and I don't really bad mouth them.  In fact, I enjoy them.  It's usually the same group of people year after year, complaining that they arn't ranked and that the polls arn't showing their team respect.  Did it ever occur to some people that maybe their team just isn't as good as they think?  Just a thought.... 

Could be Montgomery's year to finally knock off Brenham....  Who knows?  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1242482" timestamp="1344275609"]
[/quote]Yep. Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Fortunately, rankings dont mean a thing. Yeah, its nice to be recognized, but it doesn't get you any W's. Good luck to all teams that made it on that list.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1242423" timestamp="1344262875"]
That would be great logic. Problem is dayton was a very young team last year so you can sit back and watch the show. The team that spanked mw has  14 starters coming back and we all know how sc handled mw.
[/quote]

That would matter if it were Aledo and not MW.  We beat MW by 34, but that doesn't mean much.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1242675" timestamp="1344358063"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=101448.msg1242423#msg1242423 date=1344262875]
That would be great logic. Problem is dayton was a very young team last year so you can sit back and watch the show. The team that spanked mw has  14 starters coming back and we all know how sc handled mw.
[/quote]

That would matter if it were Aledo and not MW.  We beat MW by 34, but that doesn't mean much.
[/quote]it would if mw had beat you like a drum. Thats the same attitude brenham had when they played kp. Beating kp probably didnt mean much either.

Off topic from the idiotic poll, but an interesting parallel between the Brenham/MW and Dayton/MW games:

Halftime:
Brenham over MW 33-6
Dayton over MW 31-9

During 3rd qtr:
Brenham 40-6 when Richards breaks a 73-yard run to make it 40-13
Dayton 41-9 when Richards breaks a 76-yard run to make it 41-16

End of 3rd:
Brenham 47-13
Dayton 41-16

Final:
Brenham 47-13
Dayton 41-23

Useless information, I know. Boring lunch hour today.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1242682" timestamp="1344359429"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101448.msg1242675#msg1242675 date=1344358063]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=101448.msg1242423#msg1242423 date=1344262875]
[/quote]

[/quote]it would if mw had beat you like a drum. Thats the same attitude brenham had when they played kp. Beating kp probably didnt mean much either.
[/quote]

A win is a win and a loss is a loss.  Ready for the season to start already!

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1242689" timestamp="1344360611"]
Off topic from the idiotic poll, but an interesting parallel between the Brenham/MW and Dayton/MW games:

Halftime:
Brenham over MW 33-6
Dayton over MW 31-9

During 3rd qtr:
Brenham 40-6 when Richards breaks a 73-yard run to make it 40-13
Dayton 41-9 when Richards breaks a 76-yard run to make it 41-16

End of 3rd:
Brenham 47-13
Dayton 41-16

Final:
Brenham 47-13
Dayton 41-23

Useless information, I know. Boring lunch hour today.
[/quote]

Man, your pretty good.  Lol. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont