Big Buck Hunter's Deer..Shot in North Jasper County

jdawg03

Thanks to everyone for making my point so eloquently. Deer is great' date=' as long as you cover it with breading and gravy, stuff it full of boudain, smother it in cheese, roll it in bacon, etc.

You would not cover a great piece of rib eye with breading. You would not take a t-bone and stuff it with boudain and cover it with cheese. Why? Because those are great pieces of meat and you don't need to cover them up with spices, breading, cheese, etc in order to give it some semblance of flavor.

I love to eat and cook deer. I make it into chicken fried steak. I have marinated it in mustard and then cubed it into a gravy. I can cook a great stew with a venison roast. I take the ground meat and make it into almost anything. I still think that any piece of meat that you have to cover with breading and then smother it in gravy or stuff it with boudain and cover it with cheese in order to say that it is awesome, is not awesome. The breading, bacon, cheese, boudain, garlic, gravy, etc are awesome. The piece of deer that you have to lavish the stuff on however is not. It could just as well be veal, venison, chicken and probably even dog for that matter. As long as you cover it with enough flavors, it is good.

So, do I like chicken fried backstrap? You bet. Do I enjoy a deer roast with potatoes, carrots and brown gravy. Sure I do. Deer chili is great. So is deer sausage in either link or pan. Is whitetail deer an awesome piece of meat however? Not hardly.

Now Diva, when are you going to cook me some deer?[/quote']

Well, you can always give it to the "Feed The Hungry" program - or ----me :D .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami