Nederland Tourny Scores

Update on the games last night at Nederland:

There was a wealth of good pitching last night, the kind that will create a buzz in recruiting and scouting circles:

LHP Angelle (BC) dominated Nederland, allowing 2 hits. His fastball was consistent at 84-86, touching 87 two or three times. His curveball was outstanding. RHP Smith (Ned) was a tough luck loser to Sulphur (3-1) but his 'game' fastball has touched 90 and lives in the mid- to upper-80s, and impressed with his slurve. The real surprise was RHP Jonathan Conrad (Sul) who outdueled Smith in Game 1. Conrad was fairly consistent in the 88-90 range and showed a nice curve ball. His velocity has improved tremondously over the summer/fall and he has become a legitimate D1 player.

All in all, very good pitching last night in Mid County.

Guest Cardinal12

The Sulphur game wasn't even close till late. Stringer had a no-hitter threw 4 and Sulphur erupted for 4 runs on 4 hits in the fifth. Meeks came in and finnished it off. Not a bad day.

The Nederland game was just us getting our ***es handed to us. Nederland was ready and we weren't. Nederland had 13 or so hits and we had 1! Nederland played very well and it showed. Were (6-1) and finnish up the tourney at 12:00 against Sulphur (again).

Guest Cardinal12

BC finnished up (2-2) in the Nederland Tourney. The loss today to Sulphur wasn't as bad as it looked. Started off good but had one bad inning and lost momentum. Sulphur's pitcher was consistantly around 86-87 good location. Overall not a bad showing for BC against two quality teams.

Guest Cardinal12

There was no final game just round robin play. The team with the best record won. Witch was all three with (2-2) records.

I'm not sure I'd say 'struggling' for all teams in 20-4A. For example, I think Nederland's performance to date exceeds what most people expected. They get a 'gold star' to date. As far as LCM (and leaving the HF loss aside), they have played a tough schedule to date (i.e., Brenham tourney this weekend) so it is hard to get a handle on that. The disappointment to date is PNG who, to be kind, just looked awful this weekend. They can't score and their defense has beeon poor. Does that open the door for someone else such as Ozen or Vidor? Maybe but I still think the playoff teams from this district will be PNG, Nederland and LCM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami