Buna vs. Deweyville Game Thread/Buna wins 1-0 in 9!

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1210631" timestamp="1334410748"]
Howell was much better this game.  Paced himself very well and had command and power into very late innings.  Walden held his own staying out of walk trouble which kept pitch count down. Even though neither defense was challenged both teams made most of their routine outs. Buna's poor base running offset most errors D ville committed. Buna normally does a good job making opponent pay for mistakes. I am not big on stats but they do tell.  I am not sure by Any means but I imagine team batting for Buna is south of 200. This will be the Achilles in playoffs  the boys need to start swinging it like they mean it or it will b another short run.
[/quote]
I can't recall the base running errors by the Coogs, the catcher for the Pirates did throw out 3 out 4 trying to steal. Spot on accessment of Howell and Walden who threw pitch for pitch in a really tight game. The 3rd baseman for the Coogs saved two hits with some really good plays.  Theres a reason the Coogs have won so many District titles in a row they are well Coached and don't make many mistakes. I believe they will be fine come playoff time.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1210648" timestamp="1334413534"]
[quote author=Sportsfan1968 link=topic=98928.msg1210631#msg1210631 date=1334410748]
Howell was much better this game.  Paced himself very well and had command and power into very late innings.  Walden held his own staying out of walk trouble which kept pitch count down. Even though neither defense was challenged both teams made most of their routine outs. Buna's poor base running offset most errors D ville committed. Buna normally does a good job making opponent pay for mistakes. I am not big on stats but they do tell.  I am not sure by Any means but I imagine team batting for Buna is south of 200. This will be the Achilles in playoffs  the boys need to start swinging it like they mean it or it will b another short run.
[/quote]
I can't recall the base running errors by the Coogs, the catcher for the Pirates did throw out 3 out 4 trying to steal. Spot on accessment of Howell and Walden who threw pitch for pitch in a really tight game. The 3rd baseman for the Coogs saved two hits with some really good plays.  Theres a reason the Coogs have won so many District titles in a row they are well Coached and don't make many mistakes. I believe they will be fine come playoff time.
[/quote]
Only my opinion : but two guys caught going to second took tentative leads and had bad jump and stole on fastball counts.  With as many curve balls that Howell was throwing in dirt I think that is when they should have went.  D ville catcher did excellent job getting ball out and on target but in right situation those boys should be able to swipe bag.  Kid going to third was n bunt steal situation and bunt didn't happen. I think holding up would b good idea since he was already in scoring position.  Again d-ville catcher did his job  Howell also helped catcher with good slide step and good home time.  Base runners were hard to come by and you just have to b extra smart when playing the kinda pitching Howell was dealing. Made for very exciting game to watch.  Good job both teams.

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1210718" timestamp="1334429805"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=98928.msg1210648#msg1210648 date=1334413534]
[quote author=Sportsfan1968 link=topic=98928.msg1210631#msg1210631 date=1334410748]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Only my opinion : but two guys caught going to second took tentative leads and had bad jump and stole on fastball counts.  With as many curve balls that Howell was throwing in dirt I think that is when they should have went.  D ville catcher did excellent job getting ball out and on target but in right situation those boys should be able to swipe bag.  Kid going to third was n bunt steal situation and bunt didn't happen. I think holding up would b good idea since he was already in scoring position.  Again d-ville catcher did his job  Howell also helped catcher with good slide step and good home time.  Base runners were hard to come by and you just have to b extra smart when playing the kinda pitching Howell was dealing. Made for very exciting game to watch.  Good job both teams.
[/quote]
I agree in the right situation someone should be able to steal; better leads, off speed pitch etc. against a good pitcher and catcher thats got an above average arm it becomes alot more difficult.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder