Arnold Palmer Invitational/Tiger is back!!

say what you want, this is good for golf.  the ratings go through the roof when Tiger's in contention, and are almost non-existent for non-major tourneys that he doesn't play in.  with some of the young guns that are coming up, if Tiger can get back to anywhere near as good as he used to be, the next 4 or 5 years might be the best years in the history of the PGA.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1202310" timestamp="1332802564"]
say what you want, this is good for golf.  the ratings go through the roof when Tiger's in contention, and are almost non-existent for non-major tourneys that he doesn't play in.  with some of the young guns that are coming up, if Tiger can get back to anywhere near as good as he used to be, the next 4 or 5 years might be the best years in the history of the PGA.
[/quote]

So let me get this straight. It's ok to play sub par in your sport as long as you are good for your sport.....put butts in the seat, sell more tickets and merchandise, and get more tv viewers. Hmmmmmm, interesting concept.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="baddog" post="1202677" timestamp="1332881135"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=98086.msg1202310#msg1202310 date=1332802564]
[/quote]

So let me get this straight. It's ok to play sub par in your sport as long as you are good for your sport.....put butts in the seat, sell more tickets and merchandise, and get more tv viewers. Hmmmmmm, interesting concept.
[/quote]
So what's the matter with it?  Professional golfers EARN what they receive - in competition with other proressional golfers.  They are not on salary (I hear your comeback about sponsors) but in the United States no golfer goes into a tournament with any guarantees.  That's about as pure entreneurship as there is.  If all the other things happen that you point out - then there must be a market for it.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="baddog" post="1202710" timestamp="1332883192"]
Tigervoice, you are missing my intentions with my post. Bullets will figure it out.  ;D
[/quote]
I suppose I did miss your intentions.  Was it, like, pure sarcasm?  If so, it went over my head - sorry.  FYI, I hate to leave anything for Bullets to figure out.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="baddog" post="1202677" timestamp="1332881135"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=98086.msg1202310#msg1202310 date=1332802564]
[/quote]

[/quote]

comparing TW to TT is like comparing steak to mac-n-cheese out of the box.  sure, they both taste good, but they're not anywhere near the same class, even when the steak is only an average one.

I think the comparison I made is spot on. Only if you take it in the misdirection of steak and mac and cheese does it become skewed......and the Mac and cheese was winning. Also, just because you like Tiger, and he has won in the past, and don't like Tebow is no reason to discredit the attention one is getting.

They both put up sub par numbers
They both put butts in the seats
They both command national media coverage
One you like, one you don't. I don't understand.

I am a fan of neither. Just think both should have the same opportunity to play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476