Lamar vs Vermont Game Thread/Vermont wins 71-59!

Even though the season ended at least one game earlier than we liked, the Cardinals should be commended on this season.  After the suffering of many years, we have seen the building of the foundation of a quality program like the one we all grew up with.  So often over the years, I have heard this refrain from people around Houston upon learning that I had attended Lamar, "Hey, y'all used to be pretty good in basketball!"  Thankfully, due to the efforts of Coach Knight and this team, I can retort, "Yes, and we are again!"

I am thankful that Pat Knight is the coach and in saying that I must issue my apology to him.  When he was first mentioned as a candidate for being the next Lamar coach, I must admit that I wasn't too keen.  That is because I was fearful of the result that would be achieved by hiring Mr. Robert Knight's little boy.  Thankfully, those fears were never realized as the man who took the job was Coach Bobby Knight's son.

From one very proud alumnus, congratulations to the Cardinals on a great season and here's to many more to come.

GREAT SEASON LAMAR!!!!!  23-12 and a loss in the NCAA Tournament, there is NOT A SINGLE PERSON who would not have taken it at the beginning of the season, and there is NOT A SINGLE PERSON who thought that you would win the SLC East, the SLC Tournament and make it to the NCAA Tournament.  If they said that you would, they are LYING!!!!

Could not be a prouder season ticket holder, fan and former LU student!!!!!

Congrats to the 7 Seniors on going out WINNERS!!!

Coach Knight has laid the ground work now, time to build an empire!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont