**#3 WARREN @ # 5 BUNA Broadcast**/BUNA WINS 8-1!

Ethan Franklin is as good a freshman pitcher as I have ever seen. He did a great job last night. Started getting a little tired in the 6th (had two of his 4 BB's in that inning) Franklin ended with 6 1/3 IP, 1 run, 3 hits, 8 K's, 4 BB's. Very good job.

Buna had the big inning in the 2nd, getting 3 extra base hits (2 doubles and a triple) coupled with 3 Warren errors, scoring 7 of their 8 runs. Buna had a total of 7 hits with 5 of those being extra base hits (4 doubles, triple).

Big bats for Buna:

Ethan Franklin    1-3, triple, run scored, 2 RBI
Braidon Franklin  1-3, double, run scored, 2 RBI
Richard Waaldren 2-4, double, 2 runs scored

The 6th inning was Warren's best threat as they had the bases loaded with one out, After giving up a single to his first batter faced, scoring the first Warren run, Kolton Clark then got a strikeout followed by a grounder to the pitcher to end the threat. Clark finished with 0 runs, 1 hit, 3 K's, in 1 2/3 innings of relief.

Dylan Watts took the loss, going 4 complete innings, giving up 8 runs (4 earned), 6 hits, 3 K's, BB, 2 HBP

Big bat for Warren:

Brandon Choate  1-3, SAC, run scored
Hunter Holloway  1-3, RBI

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Don't think anyone is "bragging" about beating Warren. Just hopeful that maybe finally half of them will shut up now... If they're gonna talk the talk they better back it up and walk the walk.

2. If you make three errors in one inning, maybe that means youre not very good. Consistency is what seperates good teams from great teams. Every team is pretty good when they dont have "bad innings".  Buna also hit a few doubles and a triple in that inning. Warren didnt. Warren made errors, Buna didnt. Warren may have "beat themselves", but Buna didn't. Take away the 3 errors, Buna still wins by a few. Nobody claimed it was a blowout or we earned all 8 runs. Could be a totally different ball game next time.

2 steps closer to # 6 Cougs! Good luck friday

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1197128" timestamp="1331739825"]
Ethan Franklin is as good a freshman pitcher as I have ever seen. He did a great job last night. Started getting a little tired in the 6th (had two of his 4 BB's in that inning) Franklin ended with 6 1/3 IP, 1 run, 3 hits, 8 K's, 4 BB's. Very good job.

Buna had the big inning in the 2nd, getting 3 extra base hits (2 doubles and a triple) coupled with 3 Warren errors, scoring 7 of their 8 runs. Buna had a total of 7 hits with 5 of those being extra base hits (4 doubles, triple).

Big bats for Buna:

The 6th inning was Warren's best threat as they had the bases loaded with one out, After giving up a single to his first batter faced, scoring the first Warren run, Kolton Clark then got a strikeout followed by a grounder to the pitcher to end the threat. Clark finished with 0 runs, 1 hit, 3 K's, in 1 2/3 innings of relief.

Dylan Watts took the loss, going 4 complete innings, giving up 8 runs (4 earned), 6 hits, 3 K's, BB, 2 HBP

Big bat for Warren:

[/quote]
Thank you Setxsports and AggiesAreWe for supporting sports in Southeast Texas!!!  Thanks AggiesAreWe for broadcasting the Buna/Warren game!!!

[quote name="Puma concolor" post="1197143" timestamp="1331742592"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=97445.msg1197128#msg1197128 date=1331739825]

Big bats for Buna:

Big bat for Warren:

[/quote]
Thank you Setxsports and AggiesAreWe for supporting sports in Southeast Texas!!!  Thanks AggiesAreWe for broadcasting the Buna/Warren game!!!
[/quote]

Totally agree. Thanks to all

[quote name="txtitan72" post="1197053" timestamp="1331714907"]
[quote author=SFA65 link=topic=97445.msg1197029#msg1197029 date=1331694516]
I guess that makes deweyville the front runner of the district now  ;D
[/quote]
NO that will make Buna in first. Deweyville has a loss to Warren. My we forget so quick.
[/quote][quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=97445.msg1197081#msg1197081 date=1331731166]
[quote author=SFA65 link=topic=97445.msg1197029#msg1197029 date=1331694516]
I guess that makes deweyville the front runner of the district now  ;D
[/quote]
Don't know about a front runner for the Pirates, but they will be in the hunt for a playoff spot.  ;D
[/quote]

I was being sarcastic because for some reason hardly anybody wants to give buna the credit of bein number one so I thought they would like to pick someone else. Any takers? ;D

It was a pitchers dual, Pirates and Lions...no doubt! But, the chances of winning it all on one pitcher is not very likely. Talking to a Pirates fan yesterday evening said it all..."after him we are in trouble, but he is a talented pitcher".  That is straight from the rail-bird section...never too reliable on the hype in but usually pretty truthful on the other end.  Lions had one more mistake than the Pirates.  Kountze will look forward to Friday night with the Phenom...Cougars.  Just picking...Buna is a solid team and it will be great game. My thoughts....The game is Buna's game to win or loose.  They are the returning champs and Cougar hype is they should get #6 this year.  For Kountze...if they handle their business, #6 may not be a cake walk and it could turn into a three-way. Which would make it a who beat who situation in the end to decide district and or even post season play.  Kountze lost 2-1...I will pick the Pirates ace over most any team he faces this year...Congrats Cougars on your win over Warren. See ya Friday night in K-town

Oh! Sorry Mr. Perfect...had a type-o...lose...just leave your finger on the o a hair to long and you get loose! Anyway most likely going to see Hoke then maybe McCoy and possible close with Marshall. You know the left, right, left combination. The other two mentioned in prior post do not pitch. I hope both teams show up and it's a dog fight to the end with extra innings! Just one catch...Koutze wins!

[quote name="XDOG" post="1197127" timestamp="1331739774"]
[quote author=Franchiseball link=topic=97445.msg1197091#msg1197091 date=1331732372]
Well hopefully he takes it easy on us Monday. Maybe he will let the coogs score a run or 2
[/quote]

If jacob is on the mound YOU WILL LOOSE!

Buna hit, Buna won.
[/quote]
[quote author=Water Boy 21 link=topic=97445.msg1197052#msg1197052 date=1331711855]
what happened Warren i thought yall were going to blow them out with all yalls young gun?????? My boy JOHNNY is willing and dealing
[/quote]
[quote author=Franchiseball link=topic=97445.msg1197026#msg1197026 date=1331693092]
Big STATEMENT  made tonight.
[/quote]

You buna folks are funny. First of all yall had one good inning, where warren made 3 errors. There were no statements made believe me. I know all it takes is one inning to loose and thats just what warren did. They lost. But they beat themselves. There dang sure was no  butt wipping issued by buna. Oh and by the way did i mention i wasnt from warren. Nope dont have a dog in this fight just dont want credit givin where credit isnt due. Buna you won but looking at the box score i just would not be braggin about that. You make it sound like you walked the dog with Warren. According to the box score looks like both pitchers pitch great.
Bottom line is that Buna beat warren by 7 RUNS. One bad inning for Warren or not Buna still won the game. A WIN is all that matters.

Buna=Disciplined All the others...=Not disciplined... jus because your team has high points don't mean a thing. Buna shows up every year. #6 comes this year... so dnt kid yourself. I feel like Buna is the under dog every year because warren kuntze ec wak... they always have this hidden talent that goes away before district starts.. hope I didn't speak toooo soon.  :-X

[quote name="utfan06" post="1197125" timestamp="1331739384"]
Howell is a outstanding pitcher ....he prolly throws the fastest in the district ...
[/quote]
Best pitcher in that district. Having seen both Price and Howell pitch, both being the top two in that district, Howell had just as much control but threw 5-7 mph harder than Price.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1197498" timestamp="1331789057"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=97445.msg1197125#msg1197125 date=1331739384]
Howell is a outstanding pitcher ....he prolly throws the fastest in the district ...
[/quote]
Best pitcher in that district. Having seen both Price and Howell pitch, both being the top two in that district, Howell had just as much control but threw 5-7 mph harder than Price.
[/quote]seen both pitch also , howell looked to be in the mid 80s....both good pitchers.

[quote name="eagle fan 05" post="1197518" timestamp="1331815566"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=97445.msg1197498#msg1197498 date=1331789057]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=97445.msg1197125#msg1197125 date=1331739384]
[/quote]
[/quote]seen both pitch also , howell looked to be in the mid 80s....both good pitchers.
[/quote]
I think it is high 80s  JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124