Athens vs Silsbee

BADSANTA

Who takes this game?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this game?

• Silsbee
    • Athens

Last year they were just a very athletic team, not much height it seems like they are about like that this year, great defense, decent shooter, I think Silsbee has the advantage with their speed, shooting ability, along with the scoring ability of #11, and there were two other pretty good scorers I think #3 was one and maybe #5 I dont remember, but either way Silsbee's got this one!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1189372" timestamp="1330609038"]
Aggie have you seen Athens play this year?
[/quote]

No. But they are very similar to Silsbee. Not very big (though they do have a couple of '6"3 players) but love to push it up tempo. They press and get majority of their points in transition. Play man defense.

Fairfield slowed them down and got them to play their style game and almost pulled off the upset.

This will be a barn burner but I do not think Athens has seen the type of speed that Silsbee will display. Athens has been used to being the quicker, speedier team and that will not be the case Friday night.

I see Silsbee taking this one in a high scoring affair, 80-73.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1189451" timestamp="1330611752"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=96867.msg1189208#msg1189208 date=1330565310]
I want Silsbee to win this one but I want it to be at the buzzer.....I fully expect to be entertained...  ;D
[/quote]

No-look- Will you be in Huntsville?
[/quote]Good Lord willing I will be there. Have to get primed up for Austin......will be pulling for the Tigers and Hawks  friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami