Kingwood Park vs. Beaumont Central Reg. Qtr. Thread/Kingwood Park wins 51-40

WOSgrad

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1188550" timestamp="1330517167"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=96857.msg1188436#msg1188436 date=1330488669]
I knew coach lee was not a very good coach and I was willing to accept that, it it tough and being a good coach does not come easy. However, I can not except quitting on the team, it was obvious that is what happened tonight.  Playing a player significant minutes that had not played since the YMBL. Stating your best big for the a great deal of minutes including the entire third quarter. Going small after Christian was ejected, getting out rebounded 11-1 on that call going from 8 down to 18 down purely on rebounds. If u quit u should resign, I know he has to feed his family but that was piss poor. quitting on the kids is un acceptable. I lost ALL respect for Lee tonight.

The kp coach did one heck of a job, no true talent but they do exactly what he says and it works, great job kp.
[/quote]You get what you pay for. Central and Ozen both wanted Joubert for nothing.
[/quote]Um, but Ozen, if I'm not mistaken is sitting pretty in the 4th round of the playoffs, right? And seeing the Ozen game plan, Looks like their staff did pretty good again vs. Nederland's staff. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything ABSENT said.  I try really hard not to throw the Central Staff under the bus, but it's downright painful to watch at times.  There are many ways to make it still work without Smith in the game.  There are other good players that YOU as a coach need to put in the best possitions to do damage.  There is NO reason the 6'5" freshmen is out of the game the entire 3rd period when he was clearly doing damage when he waen tou There is NO reason you bring #12 in.  Even though he's a senior, he's a bench player.  You don't do that if you want to win.  then on top of that, you finally get off your butt when the players mounted a mini comback at the end and start 'coaching'?  Unbelievable.  Maybe it was a good thing that I didn't go.  I can tell it was bad.  ABSENT is an easy going dude that normally have a great assessment of the game (good or bad).  When he calls me and used 'prefered' words for this about 80% of the call, I pretty much assumed how this went, and honesly, it does not suprise me one bit.  I don't know if you want to say it is good or bad, but by Central making it to the 3rd round, that pretty much guarantees that someone will be back next year.  Ohh well, I'm done with that. 

GO OZEN!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1188555" timestamp="1330517699"]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=96857.msg1188550#msg1188550 date=1330517167]
I knew coach lee was not a very good coach and I was willing to accept that, it it tough and being a good coach does not come easy. However, I can not except quitting on the team, it was obvious that is what happened tonight.  Playing a player significant minutes that had not played since the YMBL. Stating your best big for the a great deal of minutes including the entire third quarter. Going small after Christian was ejected, getting out rebounded 11-1 on that call going from 8 down to 18 down purely on rebounds. If u quit u should resign, I know he has to feed his family but that was piss poor. quitting on the kids is un acceptable. I lost ALL respect for Lee tonight.

The kp coach did one heck of a job, no true talent but they do exactly what he says and it works, great job kp.
[/quote]You get what you pay for. Central and Ozen both wanted Joubert for nothing.
[/quote]Um, but Ozen, if I'm not mistaken is sitting pretty in the 4th round of the playoffs, right? And seeing the Ozen game plan, Looks like their staff did pretty good again vs. Nederland's staff. 
[/quote]
The Ozen staff almost blew it for the Ozen kids last night too....kids defended and played hard, but were put in a HORRIBLE position by their coach last night in the 2nd quarter...that game should have been a blow out....The Ozen "staff" you are referring to kept it close.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188561" timestamp="1330518574"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96857.msg1188555#msg1188555 date=1330517699]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=96857.msg1188550#msg1188550 date=1330517167]

[/quote]
The Ozen staff almost blew it for the Ozen kids last night too....kids defended and played hard, but were put in a HORRIBLE position by their coach last night in the 2nd quarter...that game should have been a blow out....The Ozen "staff" you are referring to kept it close.
[/quote]
Well, the Ozen staff DIDN'T blow it because they won.  Now, the Central staff, on the other hand....  :-X :-X

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1188436" timestamp="1330488669"]

[/quote]

So you are saying that in the last few games of the regular season and the first couple of games in the playoffs, you had no quarrel/complaint with the coach but as soon as he loses, you lose all respect? 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188616" timestamp="1330523910"]

[/quote]

So you are saying that in the last few games of the regular season and the first couple of games in the playoffs, you had no quarrel/complaint with the coach but as soon as he loses, you lose all respect?
[/quote]I think it has to do with the talent.  The talent carried us to the 3rd round.  I've always had questions about coaching all year with the exeption of a few games.  I wasn't at the game vs. Kingwood Park, but I stayed in touch via Text message with ABSENT.  I've sat with him in several Central games for about 5 years, and I trust his game analysis.

Dick Vitale

How can you say the OZEN staff almost blew something you aways talking down on someone!!!!!!! Are u not the same guy that has had a number of Head coaching job and gotten fired!!!! You are the last one that should be takling about some one who almost blew something!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they don't want your talent no where at OZEN ok let's get that straight so stay your A** where you at and keep hating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1188626" timestamp="1330524374"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96857.msg1188616#msg1188616 date=1330523910]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think it has to do with the talent.  The talent carried us to the 3rd round.  I've always had questions about coaching all year with the exeption of a few games.  I wasn't at the game vs. Kingwood Park, but I stayed in touch via Text message with ABSENT.  I've sat with him in several Central games for about 5 years, and I trust his game analysis.
[/quote]

The further forward you move in the playoff, the greater the talent level that you will likely be facing.  I realize that we talk a lot on this board about Centrals talent and rightfully so.  But in each successive game, I think it is highly likely that a team will encounter someone with equal or greater talent.  I didnt see the game either(but I did watch KP play against HJ at the HJ tourney), but another possible explanation is that you ran into a team that had more talent than you did and more experience in the form of upper classmen.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188655" timestamp="1330525748"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96857.msg1188626#msg1188626 date=1330524374]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96857.msg1188616#msg1188616 date=1330523910]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The further forward you move in the playoff, the greater the talent level that you will likely be facing.  I realize that we talk a lot on this board about Centrals talent and rightfully so.  But in each successive game, I think it is highly likely that a team will encounter someone with equal or greater talent.  I didnt see the game either(but I did watch KP play against HJ at the HJ tourney), but another possible explanation is that you ran into a team that had more talent than you did and more experience in the form of upper classmen.
[/quote]That could be the case.  It's possible.

[quote name="The Unknown" post="1188648" timestamp="1330525295"]
Dick Vitale

How can you say the OZEN staff almost blew something you aways talking down on someone!!!!!!! Are u not the same guy that has had a number of Head coaching job and gotten fired!!!! You are the last one that should be takling about some one who almost blew something!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they don't want your talent no where at OZEN ok let's get that straight so stay your A** where you at and keep hating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I can say it because its the truth! I said "staff" because thats the word that was used by the other poster...Ozen went up 20-6, in the 2nd quarter, and the first 4 minutes of the 2nd, they went into a "stall" handoff game, which IN MY OPINION, took the edge away, got them out of attack mode, and kept them from putting the game away early...Apparently, someone pulled his coattail to it, but IT TOOK AWAY from what they were doing early..If you disagree, you disagree, but THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED in the 2nd quarter..Not saying that the adjustment wasn't made, because obviously it worked out for Ozen in the end...Those kids were about to blow that game wide open...As far as being "fired" goes, it happens...its the business...Bobby Knight was fired...He is in the Hall of Fame, and like me it wasn't about wins and losses...things happen...doesn't mean I don't still know the game!....You just GET a head coaching job, then we will talk...Until then, you may never understand.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188680" timestamp="1330526940"]
[quote author=The Unknown link=topic=96857.msg1188648#msg1188648 date=1330525295]
Dick Vitale

How can you say the OZEN staff almost blew something you aways talking down on someone!!!!!!! Are u not the same guy that has had a number of Head coaching job and gotten fired!!!! You are the last one that should be takling about some one who almost blew something!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they don't want your talent no where at OZEN
ok let's get that straight so stay your A** where you at and keep hating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I can say it because its the truth! I said "staff" because thats the word that was used by the other poster...Ozen went up 20-6, in the 2nd quarter, and the first 4 minutes of the 2nd, they went into a "stall" handoff game, which IN MY OPINION, took the edge away, got them out of attack mode, and kept them from putting the game away early...Apparently, someone pulled his coattail to it, but IT TOOK AWAY from what they were doing early..If you disagree, you disagree, but THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED in the 2nd quarter..Not saying that the adjustment wasn't made, because obviously it worked out for Ozen in the end...Those kids were about to
blow that game wide open...As far as being "fired" goes, it happens...its the business...[b]Bobby Knight was fired...He is in the Hall of Fame,[/b] and like me it wasn't about wins and losses...things happen...doesn't mean I don't still know the game!....You just GET a head coaching job, then we will talk...Until then, you may never understand.
[/quote]
Hey everyone, DV is now comparing himself to Bobby Knight!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Just when you think one could not become more arrogant, then this is written about one's self!

[quote name="baddog" post="1188688" timestamp="1330527419"]
......to misunderstand the comparison like someone I know.........now he's Bobby Knight! What a narcissistic personality disorder.

Bobby Knight was never unemployed as long as you.  ;D

All in good clean fun.
[/quote]
and you know this to be true? well, its not...I would gladly compare bank statements at any point that you like..I was using that as an example to prove a point...I am still doing great, I still know this game, and I can and will return to the sideline..thats a given...I know you are still sore from losing last night, so I don't take any of this personally. Now I am going to get back on topic before the mods think I got us off topic...Good luck next year.

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1188550" timestamp="1330517167"]

[/quote]

What do you mean they wanted him for nothing?  Are you sure the main issue of contention did not have something to do with how many press conferences could be held?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188680" timestamp="1330526940"]
[quote author=The Unknown link=topic=96857.msg1188648#msg1188648 date=1330525295]
Dick Vitale

[/quote]
I can say it because its the truth! I said "staff" because thats the word that was used by the other poster...[b]Ozen went up 20-6, in the 2nd quarter, and the first 4 minutes of the 2nd, they went into a "stall" handoff game, which IN MY OPINION, took the edge away, got them out of attack mode, and kept them from putting the game away early[/b]...Apparently, someone pulled his coattail to it, but IT TOOK AWAY from what they were doing early..If you disagree, you disagree, but THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED in the 2nd quarter..Not saying that the adjustment wasn't made, because obviously it worked out for Ozen in the end...Those kids were about to blow that game wide open...As far as being "fired" goes, it happens...its the business...Bobby Knight was fired...He is in the Hall of Fame, and like me it wasn't about wins and losses...things happen...doesn't mean I don't still know the game!....You just GET a head coaching job, then we will talk...Until then, you may never understand.
[/quote]

Please don't shoot me but I agree with DV on the bolded part above. Ozen came out with great intensity during the 1st qtr and that crazy stall ball killed that. As i sat there and watched I asked people sitting around me why would they do that and the repsonse was "coaching". It worked I guess but IMO the score would have been a tad bit different had Ozen continued playing. At the same time I can also see taking time off the clock but Ozen has been known to turn the ball over when they play keep away. Hey maybe Coach English would have made the adjustment, heck I don't know but had they continued playing with the same intensity it wouldn't have been such a low scoring game again this IMO.

Wrong thread I know......

[quote name="uandme08" post="1188704" timestamp="1330528666"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96857.msg1188680#msg1188680 date=1330526940]
Dick Vitale

[/quote]
I can say it because its the truth! I said "staff" because thats the word that was used by the other poster...[b]Ozen went up 20-6, in the 2nd quarter, and the first 4 minutes of the 2nd, they went into a "stall" handoff game, which IN MY OPINION, took the edge away, got them out of attack mode, and kept them from putting the game away early[/b]...Apparently, someone pulled his coattail to it, but IT TOOK AWAY from what they were doing early..If you disagree, you disagree, but THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED in the 2nd quarter..Not saying that the adjustment wasn't made, because obviously it worked out for Ozen in the end...Those kids were about to blow that game wide open...As far as being "fired" goes, it happens...its the business...Bobby Knight was fired...He is in the Hall of Fame, and like me it wasn't about wins and losses...things happen...doesn't mean I don't still know the game!....You just GET a head coaching job, then we will talk...Until then, you may never understand.
[/quote]

Please don't shoot me but I agree with DV on the bolded part above. Ozen came out with great intensity during the 1st qtr and that crazy stall ball killed that. As i sat there and watched I asked people sitting around me why would they do that and the repsonse was "coaching". It worked I guess but IMO the score would have been a tad bit different had Ozen continued playing. At the same time I can also see taking time off the clock but Ozen has been known to turn the ball over when they play keep away. Hey maybe Coach English would have made the adjustment, heck I don't know but had they continued playing with the same intensity it wouldn't have been such a low scoring game again this IMO.

Wrong thread I know......
[/quote]
Nederland's coach was GLAD he did it! He allowed them to rest because they have NO BENCH, it STOPPED the Ozen run they were on, and it allowed them to settle into the game...But thats just a difference in philosophy...Some would say it allowed Ozen to rest or settle too, but why? Who knows...Matters not, they got the win...move on to the next one...I will say this...Yates will not let up, thats for sure...I KNOW his philosophy.. ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188702" timestamp="1330528364"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96857.msg1188688#msg1188688 date=1330527419]
......to misunderstand the comparison like someone I know.........now he's Bobby Knight! What a narcissistic personality disorder.

All in good clean fun.
[/quote]
and you know this to be true? well, its not...I would gladly compare bank statements at any point that you like..I was using that as an example to prove a point...I am still doing great, I
still know this game, and I can and will return to the sideline..thats a given...I know you are still sore from losing last night, so I don't take any of this personally. Now I am going to get back on topic before the mods think I got us off topic...Good luck next year.
[/quote]
Hey, it's all in fun, right?? Those were your words, not mine. When the tables turn against you, you change the topic to bank accounts, really?? This is about you comparing yourself to Bobby freakin' Knight!!  :-[ We've all congratulated Ur EX-Team, but it's just not enough. You keep punching the bag in hopes it will punch back. When the bag does punch back, you want to talk about bank accounts, seriously??  ???

[quote name="bball2011" post="1188696" timestamp="1330527920"]
Why was the central player ejected, I seen on the news he threw the ball but was there something else??
[/quote]My understanding is that both T's were chicken crap calls.  the first one was after a foul.  Kristain was walking to the free throw line and turned around fast and he and a Kingwood Park players almost ran into each other.  The did the routine brush to the side so that Kris can get to the line and the KP player can line up in the paint.  there were no words, but both players were given a double tech.  The second tech was for throwing the ball after a call.  There was no ref there to throw the ball to, so kris threw the ball at the sidelines, I guess, for the insuing inbound.  Ref T'ed him up. 

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1188726" timestamp="1330529972"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96857.msg1188702#msg1188702 date=1330528364]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96857.msg1188688#msg1188688 date=1330527419]

All in good clean fun.
[/quote]
and you know this to be true? well, its not...I would gladly compare bank statements at any point that you like..I was using that as an example to prove a point...I am still doing great, I
still know this game, and I can and will return to the sideline..thats a given...I know you are still sore from losing last night, so I don't take any of this personally. Now I am going to get back on topic before the mods think I got us off topic...Good luck next year.
[/quote]
Hey, it's all in fun, right?? Those were your words, not mine. When the tables turn against you, you change the topic to bank accounts, really?? This is about you comparing yourself to Bobby freakin' Knight!!  :-[ We've all congratulated Ur EX-Team, but it's just not enough. You keep bunching the bag in hopes it will punch back. When the bag does punch back, you want to talk about bank accounts, seriously??  ???
[/quote]
Hey I know you are ALL mad about last nights outcome...However I never mentioned anything personal against YOU, because frankly no one even knows you or who you are...They ALL know EXACTLY who I am, which honestly puts me at a great disadvantage, because unlike you guys, I can't chunk rocks and hide behind a computer screen.  I speak my piece, and then my career is scrutinized...How does THAT go together? It matters not, because we all go through something, its just that mine has been a bit more public than ANYBODY ON HERE..Thats ok, I can handle that..I punch back, because I HAVE to...Are you employed right now, NB-Dawg? Where?...Thats right, no one cares..I was called "unemployed", which is an untrue PERSONAL ATTACK...People have said personal things about me, when I can't say it about them...because NO ONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE...You think thats fair? What I say are opinions about basketball...I never personally attack any one individual...it happens to me...fair or not...it happens. Now if you would, PLEASE get back on the topic of this thread and just pm me if you must..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics