Kingwood Park vs. Beaumont Central Reg. Qtr. Thread/Kingwood Park wins 51-40

WOSgrad

1. Yes I am employed, and my family and patients DO care.
2. You chose to announce who you are on this board. I choose not to bc I want to protect my son who contributes to the Nederland basketball program.
3. I am not the one who attacked you personally about getting fired and being unemployed in your coaching career. I am questioning your comparison to Bobby Knight, yet you change the topic to bank accounts. Every time you are losing a debate, you change the topic. That's fine, a lot of people do it. It works sometimes, but not with seasoned debaters.
4. I've defended our kids, team, and community, and there is nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Our season is over, and we will be back next year hopefully advancing further. We have a lot of work to do. With 4 returning starters and the 1st 5 kids off the bench returning, we will have higher expectations next year. We all know this year was a rebuilding year, and we proved many wrong (not directing that at you). Being a rebuilding year, we were ecstatic to be CO-Champs with Central. However, we would have loved to have finished 3rd and made a return trip to Katy like Ozen. Hopefully Coach E will get a BASKETBALL coach who can help him a bit
more next year. The kids deserve it.
Go Dawgs!!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188735" timestamp="1330530729"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96857.msg1188726#msg1188726 date=1330529972]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96857.msg1188702#msg1188702 date=1330528364]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96857.msg1188688#msg1188688 date=1330527419]
......to misunderstand the comparison like someone I know.........now he's Bobby Knight! What a narcissistic personality disorder.

Bobby Knight was never unemployed as long as you.  ;D

All in good clean fun.
[/quote]
and you know this to be true? well, its not...I would gladly compare bank statements at any point that you like..I was using that as an example to prove a point...I am still doing great, I
still know this game, and I can and will return to the sideline..thats a given...I know you are still sore from losing last night, so I don't take any of this personally. Now I am going to get back on topic before the mods think I got us off topic...Good luck next year.
[/quote]
Hey, it's all in fun, right?? Those were your words, not mine. When the tables turn against you, you change the topic to bank accounts, really?? This is about you comparing yourself to Bobby freakin' Knight!!  :-[ We've all congratulated Ur EX-Team, but it's just not enough. You keep bunching the bag in hopes it will punch back. When the bag does punch back, you want to talk about bank accounts, seriously??  ???
[/quote]
Hey I know you are ALL mad about last nights outcome...However I never mentioned anything personal against YOU, because frankly no one even knows you or who you are...They ALL know EXACTLY who I am, which honestly puts me at a great disadvantage, because unlike you guys, I can't chunk rocks and hide behind a computer screen.  I speak my piece, and then my career is scrutinized...How does THAT go together? It matters not, because we all go through something, its just that mine has been a bit more public than ANYBODY ON HERE..Thats ok, I can handle that..I punch back, because I HAVE to...Are you employed right now, NB-Dawg? Where?...Thats right, no one cares..I was called "unemployed", which is an untrue PERSONAL ATTACK...People have said personal things about me, when I can't say it about them...because NO ONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE...You think thats fair? What I say are opinions about basketball...I never personally attack any one individual...it happens to me...fair or not...it happens. Now if you would, PLEASE get back on the topic of this thread and just pm me if you must..
[/quote]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1188762" timestamp="1330531917"]
1. Yes I am employed, and my family and patients DO care.
2. You chose to announce who you are on this board. I choose not to bc I want to protect my son who contributes to the Nederland basketball program.
3. I am not the one who attacked you personally about getting fired and being unemployed in your coaching career. I am questioning your comparison to Bobby Knight, yet you change the topic to bank accounts. Every time you are losing a debate, you change the topic. That's fine, a lot of people do it. It works sometimes, but not with seasoned debaters.
4. I've defended our kids, team, and community, and there is nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Our season is over, and we will be back next year hopefully advancing further. We have a lot of work to do. With 4 returning starters and the 1st 5 kids off the bench returning, we will have higher expectations next year. We all know this year was a rebuilding year, and we proved many wrong (not directing that at you). Being a rebuilding year, we were ecstatic to be CO-Champs with Central. However, we would have loved to have finished 3rd and made a return trip to Katy like Ozen. Hopefully Coach E will get a BASKETBALL coach who can help him a bit
more next year. The kids deserve it.
Go Dawgs!!

[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96857.msg1188735#msg1188735 date=1330530729]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96857.msg1188726#msg1188726 date=1330529972]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96857.msg1188702#msg1188702 date=1330528364]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96857.msg1188688#msg1188688 date=1330527419]
......to misunderstand the comparison like someone I know.........now he's Bobby Knight! What a narcissistic personality disorder.

Bobby Knight was never unemployed as long as you.  ;D

All in good clean fun.
[/quote]
and you know this to be true? well, its not...I would gladly compare bank statements at any point that you like..I was using that as an example to prove a point...I am still doing great, I
still know this game, and I can and will return to the sideline..thats a given...I know you are still sore from losing last night, so I don't take any of this personally. Now I am going to get back on topic before the mods think I got us off topic...Good luck next year.
[/quote]
Hey, it's all in fun, right?? Those were your words, not mine. When the tables turn against you, you change the topic to bank accounts, really?? This is about you comparing yourself to Bobby freakin' Knight!!  :-[ We've all congratulated Ur EX-Team, but it's just not enough. You keep bunching the bag in hopes it will punch back. When the bag does punch back, you want to talk about bank accounts, seriously??  ???
[/quote]
Hey I know you are ALL mad about last nights outcome...However I never mentioned anything personal against YOU, because frankly no one even knows you or who you are...They ALL know EXACTLY who I am, which honestly puts me at a great disadvantage, because unlike you guys, I can't chunk rocks and hide behind a computer screen.  I speak my piece, and then my career is scrutinized...How does THAT go together? It matters not, because we all go through something, its just that mine has been a bit more public than ANYBODY ON HERE..Thats ok, I can handle that..I punch back, because I HAVE to...Are you employed right now, NB-Dawg? Where?...Thats right, no one cares..I was called "unemployed", which is an untrue PERSONAL ATTACK...People have said personal things about me, when I can't say it about them...because NO ONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE...You think thats fair? What I say are opinions about basketball...I never personally attack any one individual...it happens to me...fair or not...it happens. Now if you would, PLEASE get back on the topic of this thread and just pm me if you must..
[/quote]
[/quote]
1. I NEVER announced who I was, others have...Can't hide....sorry DOC, it is what it is
2. I didn't say it was JUST you who said those things in the first place, but they were said...NOT FAIR.
3. The bank account statement was connected to the question of my "employment"...I was being a smart alec, yes, nevertheless letting that person know, we could compare it at any time.
4. the comparison to Bob Knight was the comparison about being fired for things beyond your control does not make ANY coach less than because of it...That, I thought, was fairly simple.
5. The fact that most can "throw rocks" and hide on here is 100% accurate, and you are one of them that can...I cannot, and WOULD not even if I could...Not in me to do that.
6. I am not in any "debate" contest...I say what is on my mind..and I will defend ME as well...Nothing wrong with that either...back on topic, please

[quote/]
4. the comparison to Bob Knight was the comparison about being fired for things beyond your control does not make ANY coach less than because of it...That, I thought, was fairly simple.
[quote/]

Exactly like my comparison to FL State last week being the 3rd place team behind UNC and Duke. U turned it into me comparing Nederland to Duke, remember??

Just doing the same here. Just like Ned is no Duke, U are no Bobby Knight even though u act like u are sometimes.

Your 1st 'contribution' to this forum pretty much said, I'm DV, and I'm back. U easily could have chosen a different name, but u didn't.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1188729" timestamp="1330530325"]
[quote author=bball2011 link=topic=96857.msg1188696#msg1188696 date=1330527920]
Why was the central player ejected, I seen on the news he threw the ball but was there something else??
[/quote]My understanding is that both T's were chicken crap calls.  the first one was after a foul.  Kristain was walking to the free throw line and turned around fast and he and a Kingwood Park players almost ran into each other.  The did the routine brush to the side so that Kris can get to the line and the KP player can line up in the paint.  there were no words, but both players were given a double tech.  The second tech was for throwing the ball after a call.  There was no ref there to throw the ball to, so kris threw the ball at the sidelines, I guess, for the insuing inbound.  Ref T'ed him up.
[/quote] Your understanding of the 2nd T is incorrect. Ref standing about 3 ft away and he threw the ball straight up about 20 ft. And it was obvious that he did it in reaction to the call. Clearly a T 90% of the time. Not cool for the senior leadership on the team. BTW the call that triggered the 2nd T wasn't a bad one, and there WERE MANY bad calls/no calls, probably 70/30 against Central, for example his 1st T was a double-T and yes, it was a bad call.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1188626" timestamp="1330524374"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96857.msg1188616#msg1188616 date=1330523910]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=96857.msg1188436#msg1188436 date=1330488669]
I knew coach lee was not a very good coach and I was willing to accept that, it it tough and being a good coach does not come easy. However, I can not except quitting on the team, it was obvious that is what happened tonight.  Playing a player significant minutes that had not played since the YMBL. Stating your best big for the a great deal of minutes including the entire third quarter. Going small after Christian was ejected, getting out rebounded 11-1 on that call going from 8 down to 18 down purely on rebounds. If u quit u should resign, I know he has to feed his family but that was piss poor. quitting on the kids is un acceptable. I lost ALL respect for Lee tonight.

The kp coach did one heck of a job, no true talent but they do exactly what he says and it works, great job kp.
[/quote]

So you are saying that in the last few games of the regular season and the first couple of games in the playoffs, you had no quarrel/complaint with the coach but as soon as he loses, you lose all respect?
[/quote]I think it has to do with the talent.  The talent carried us to the 3rd round.  I've always had questions about coaching all year with the exeption of a few games.  I wasn't at the game vs. Kingwood Park, but I stayed in touch via Text message with ABSENT.  I've sat with him in several Central games for about 5 years, and I trust his game analysis.
[/quote] Agreed, as to road to 3rd round, both Central and KP made it there thru easy opposition. Friday night that changes.

several here and elsewhere (Jim Hicks on TV) have commented favorably about the Kingwood Park coach. I've watched him in his short tenure. Two straight trips to Regional Tourney without much talent, certainly way less than others there. If he keeps oit up, he could get up there with the Kingwood HS, De Soto, HJ, and Yates coaches. VERY GOOD coaches. I like to go to their games and watch well-coached teams. I miss the old Duncanville and Hastings coaches. They were also great. I often travel just to watch them play. Especially in tournaments where I can sit directly behind the bench and listen to what they say and don't say during timeouts compared to other coaches. I'm sure I left other good ones out. English pretty good, too.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188616" timestamp="1330523910"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=96857.msg1188436#msg1188436 date=1330488669]
I knew coach lee was not a very good coach and I was willing to accept that, it it tough and being a good coach does not come easy. However, I can not except quitting on the team, it was obvious that is what happened tonight.  Playing a player significant minutes that had not played since the YMBL. Stating your best big for the a great deal of minutes including the entire third quarter. Going small after Christian was ejected, getting out rebounded 11-1 on that call going from 8 down to 18 down purely on rebounds. If u quit u should resign, I know he has to feed his family but that was piss poor. quitting on the kids is un acceptable. I lost ALL respect for Lee tonight.

The kp coach did one heck of a job, no true talent but they do exactly what he says and it works, great job kp.
[/quote]

So you are saying that in the last few games of the regular season and the first couple of games in the playoffs, you had no quarrel/complaint with the coach but as soon as he loses, you lose all respect?
[/quote]

No Steve if u look at the last game I went to, which they won, I complained about the coaching. Ask soulja or DV they know I like to examine the situations from type of defense vs. offense or vice versa.  or I personnel is out of place on certain plays. Soulja sat right next to me and he would tell u I complain about the coaching and gave the kids kudos for the win.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1188729" timestamp="1330530325"]
[quote author=bball2011 link=topic=96857.msg1188696#msg1188696 date=1330527920]
Why was the central player ejected, I seen on the news he threw the ball but was there something else??
[/quote]My understanding is that both T's were chicken crap calls.  the first one was after a foul.  Kristain was walking to the free throw line and turned around fast and he and a Kingwood Park players almost ran into each other.  The did the routine brush to the side so that Kris can get to the line and the KP player can line up in the paint.  there were no words, but both players were given a double tech.  The second tech was for throwing the ball after a call.  There was no ref there to throw the ball to, so kris threw the ball at the sidelines, I guess, for the insuing inbound.  Ref T'ed him up.
[/quote]

Even worse, the ball throwing was for a call that went for KSmith, it was not done out of frustration. And on the first one both kids were going to the sideline, facing their coaches after a time out and bump each other. It was a casual push off like they always do, left the crowd stunned.  Then a Central player went for a block, got ball but got body too. It was a hard foul but the refs called it a tech, then the same thing happened on the opposite end but the Central player stumbled instead of hitting the ground, it was a regular foul. It was then another suspect call on the baseline in a non shooting situation. In that stretch central went from being down 4 to down 18..... Never got back in it.

FYI, KP had no stand out talent, just a bunch of well coached kids. One guard was a good shooter, none could really dribble except the freshman off the bench, and one big that was a matchup knightmare. But no KSmiths or TGreens to be scene.  the Central freshman post was the best player on the court last night, and he was inexplicably sat the entire 3rd and most of the second quarters.

Nobody talks about it but I was an active member on this board when a moderator revealed DVs true identity. Now y'all can all pick at him over cyberspace when he says something you don't like. Words that probably would not be said to his face. Yeah he antagonizes y'all about your teams, but does that give y'all liberty to assassinate his character? No! ranking on a person's fanhood is way different that bashing some one as a person that you really do not know. I mentioned a lack of Respect for Lee because he obviously quit on the kids, but I do will not attack his personal life.  Some say be careful what u wish for, we all wanted Rice gone, but at least he knew basic basketball principles and taught them well!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder