**#5 SILSBEE vs. #24 COLDSPRING Broadcast**/SILSBEE ADVANCES 57-51!

Same problems plagued us all year. Guards traveling, turnovers, and lack of shooting, when they did shoot our forwards was not in position to attempt to get a rebound. The coach seemed to change his whole offense to a spread and slash type, which pulled out our taller forwards. The one on one would of worked if they could make layups. I think the coach blew it when he sat two of our rebounders and inside players down in the Fourth Quarter. When they was in we had better defense, rebounds, and started to catch up on the offensive side. I know Sykes scored 28 but how many times did he shoot the ball? I bet he put the ball up over 50 times. Enough said, Good win, good luck to the tigers.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="captredass" post="1188859" timestamp="1330536827"]
Same problems plagued us all year. Guards traveling, turnovers, and lack of shooting, when they did shoot our forwards was not in position to attempt to get a rebound. The coach seemed to change his whole offense to a spread and slash type, which pulled out our taller forwards. The one on one would of worked if they could make layups. I think the coach blew it when he sat two of our rebounders and inside players down in the Fourth Quarter. When they was in we had better defense, rebounds, and started to catch up on the offensive side. I know Sykes scored 28 but how many times did he shoot the ball? I bet he put the ball up over 50 times. Enough said, Good win, good luck to the tigers.
[/quote]

Sykes was 9/25 from the field, 36%. He also was 9/16 from the FT line, 56%.

No where near 50 shot attempts. ::)

Sykes did score 55% of Coldsprigs total points (28 of 51). The other 4 starters combined for just 13 points (Denson 8, T. Johnson 3, Scott 2, [b]Lilley 0[/b]  The Trojans bench scored 10. (Gilbert 6, Baines 4)

Wasn't impressed by the post players for Coldspring. When the guards got the ball to them in the first half, they didn't produce, missing several shots or turning the ball over. (Lilley had 3 turnovers the first 4 times he touched the ball, Denson had two as well early on). Maybe that is why Coach Northrup went to Sykes more in the second half.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you would come on here and claim it was the coaches fault. It's been your mantra this whole season. Either it's the coach or the guards fault, never the post players, or at least a certain post player. ;) ::)

Santa- How about this-  If Silsbee and HJ both make it to the final and  ifthat final would be played in the afternoon on Saturday- how about that much discussed golf match with you, Lazeek, and Sleepy? Play at Ravens nest Saturday morning and I will  pay your greens/cart fees.  How about it?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188918" timestamp="1330542287"]
Santa- How about this-  If Silsbee and HJ both make it to the final and  ifthat final would be played in the afternoon on Saturday- how about that much discussed golf match with you, Lazeek, and Sleepy? Play at Ravens nest Saturday morning and I will  pay your greens/cart fees.  How about it?
[/quote]

The Regional final game will be played at 6pm Saturday. SHSU womens basketball team has a home game at 2pm Saturday.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1188934" timestamp="1330543181"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96754.msg1188930#msg1188930 date=1330542981]
Santa- that gives you most of the day on Saturday to show those other two how to break par.
[/quote]

I want to play!! Though I haven't picked up a club since August. >:( :(

I'll bet but will need some strokes. ;D
[/quote]

I will pass that on to Lazeek and Sleepy in case they dont see this post.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188940" timestamp="1330544234"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96754.msg1188934#msg1188934 date=1330543181]
Santa- that gives you most of the day on Saturday to show those other two how to break par.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sleepy may need strokes.  Beat him by 6-7 shots on Sunday!!! ;) ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1188943" timestamp="1330544356"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96754.msg1188940#msg1188940 date=1330544234]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96754.msg1188934#msg1188934 date=1330543181]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] 

I have a small hunch that on a course where neither of you has played recently that you are probably not going to beat sleepy by 6-7 shots

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188949" timestamp="1330544553"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=96754.msg1188943#msg1188943 date=1330544356]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96754.msg1188940#msg1188940 date=1330544234]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] 

I have a small hunch that on a course where neither of you has played recently that you are probably not going to beat sleepy by 6-7 shots
[/quote]

Only as good as your last round.  Mine was a 69!!!!  :o :o

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1188934" timestamp="1330543181"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok- am in the midst of "negotiations"  What is your documented handicap and how many strokes do you believe you need for things to be competitive?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1188881" timestamp="1330538381"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=96754.msg1188859#msg1188859 date=1330536827]
[/quote]

Sykes was 9/25 from the field, 36%. He also was 9/16 from the FT line, 56%.

No where near 50 shot attempts. ::)

Sykes did score 55% of Coldsprigs total points (28 of 51). The other 4 starters combined for just 13 points (Denson 8, T. Johnson 3, Scott 2, [b]Lilley 0[/b]  The Trojans bench scored 10. (Gilbert 6, Baines 4)

Wasn't impressed by the post players for Coldspring. When the guards got the ball to them in the first half, they didn't produce, missing several shots or turning the ball over. (Lilley had 3 turnovers the first 4 times he touched the ball, Denson had two as well early on). Maybe that is why Coach Northrup went to Sykes more in the second half.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you would come on here and claim it was the coaches fault. It's been your mantra this whole season. Either it's the coach or the guards fault, never the post players, or at least a certain post player. ;) ::)
[/quote]

I never said the post did their jobs. But the coach runs a guard related offense, like he did all year. The ball is dumped down to the post and to look for the slashing guards whether it is from the top, free throw line, or from down low to the open player at top. It is not for them to post up down low but to screen and be in position to get the offensive rebound. Which you can't if the play pulls the post out top. That [b]is the coach[/b]. Pulling one of the best players (Denson), shooter and rebounder out in the fourth quarter [b]was the coach's [/b] decision. Every Coldspring player and fan knew Denson needed to be in the game. All year we kill sorry teams but I said several times his offense would not work against Navasota or HJ but I was hoping we could upset Silsbee. The offense is ok if it works but we had previous trouble with Crockett, FairField, and Kountze. That should of showed him it was not going to work on fast teams or when we pull the post out top. Since your the stat man how many turnovers and what was the field % for each player [b]the whole game[/b]? How may Offensive rebounds did the three post get? It looks like I'm wrong on trying to guess stats. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188968" timestamp="1330544993"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok- am in the midst of "negotiations"  What is your documented handicap and how many strokes do you believe you need for things to be competitive?
[/quote]

Well, Silsbee CC has me on the books as a 6 handicap but I am afraid I cannot live up to that. Been a long time since I have updated my handicap status.

If I were to guess, being that first time to play course and first time to play golf since August, I would be very happy to break 82!! ;D

I know Reed's dunk has been mentioned on here as well as on another thread.  I would like to congratulate Patrick on his play throughout the season. It was great to see him explode to the basket like that in a set offense not a break away. It will be fun to watch him play the next two years. If he can develop an outside game to go with the inside game that is getting better every game, he could be one of those special players.  He and Dobbins and Barnes have done a great job all year being undersized big men.

[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96754.msg1188918#msg1188918 date=1330542287]
[/

Man I have a kids karate tourney to go to Saturday morning. If the game was at 12 I wouldn't have been able to make it but 6 is good if they both win.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1189038" timestamp="1330548175"]
I am disappointed that you cant come for golf but am more disappointed that a grown man has entered a kids karate tourney ;D
[/quote]Word of warning, BadSanta.  When a 10 year old pint-size kid throws a chest level punch, guess what level that is on you!!!!  :o (Finally!! This smiley makes sense to me!)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476